• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man, EBGames.com really has gone to hell

Eric-GCA

Banned
I've been watching the place seemingly go straight down the crapper in terms of prices in the last few months. Not only have they really stopped having any good deals (Free 1 or 2 day shipping), but they also began using sales tax? (For someone like me in California, that doesn't help at all)

Oh well, I guess I'll have to find a better online store now.

explodet

My issue is that their server started hiccupping and the page or the images hang and no longer fully load. Is this a problem with anyone else?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ebgames had some good deals a couple days ago but the games sold out within the hour. Wario World and Megaman Network Transmission were $9.99...

I've got a question, is ordering used games for the website generally not a good idea? I'm tempted to buying some old GB/A games that can only be found used... but felt I should ask first.

And is the sales tax thing for all states? If so... -_-;

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just ordered Enclave for the PC brand new for $10 from them. Still seems like there are some deals on there, especially when Gamestop had the same game listed for $30.

impirius

Wario64 said:
Ebgames had some good deals a couple days ago but the games sold out within the hour. Wario World and Megaman Network Transmission were $9.99...
I can't stand it. I end up just missing this deal every time is happens... same with Wario World for $5 at Best Buy. If only I could pre-oder WW so that I get first dibs next time ebgames.com brings it back for a ridiculously cheap price.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
B&M is an even worse experience. Especially when you factor in the stench of nerd body odor.

This is one company I hope to see crumble soon. I ordered shit from EBgames.com a week ago...still nothing.

I actually far prefer the site to gamestop.com, they've always been faster processing for me and their used game selection is better.

But there legacy used game selection has been drying up so I don't use it very often anymore. Never really had a problem with them.

Tsubaki

Eric-GCA said:
Not only have they really stopped having any good deals (Free 1 or 2 day shipping), but they also began using sales tax? (For someone like me in California, that doesn't help at all)

Well if you're in California, you're supposed to pay use tax on things you bought from out of state (even online) at the normal sales tax rate. If anything, they're doing you a favor by charging you upfront rather than having you account for it in your income tax form.

MoxManiac

If anything, they're doing you a favor by charging you upfront rather than having you account for it in your income tax form.

Well, I doubt the IRS would know any better if he didn't report his EBgames purchases. :p

DarthWufei said:
I've got a question, is ordering used games for the website generally not a good idea? I'm tempted to buying some old GB/A games that can only be found used... but felt I should ask first.

And is the sales tax thing for all states? If so... -_-;
I haven't bought from them in a while, but I'm pretty sure when you buy used games you stand a pretty good chance of getting the disc only with no box or manual. The same will probably be true with gameboy games.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
When does this GS/EB merger become final? Meaning EB stroes disappear/rebrand?

I know a couple of EBs near me have shut down already.

Beavertown

Garbage
I never had a problem with them. Their used PS2, Xbox, and GCN games include the original box and instruction manual and are usually in good condition. 3day FEDEX shipping is only $4 more than the economy route that takes 10 days on average.

MrDaravon

I've ordered like a hundred games from them no problem. Fuck, I just got Raycrisis, Thunder Force V, and Phoenix Wright (all used) for about $20 shipped. Yeah, they sure do suck -_-.

fse

I hate EB, they sent me fucking crap quality pre owned games. egh. Dirty discs and carts.

Maya

You can no longer pre-order from the website for in-store pick-up either. When I called my local store, the manager said it most likely has something to do with GameStop buying EB.

Maya said:
You can no longer pre-order from the website for in-store pick-up either. When I called my local store, the manager said it most likely has something to do with GameStop buying EB.

Boo :( Was just going to try that out.

trmas

Banned
When ordering online, I use Outpost.com. Most AAA games I want are severely discounted, and who cares if you have to wait 3-4 days after everyone else has it to play.

oBa

Maya said:

From EB.com's help page:

In-Store Pre-order Pickup
EB Games and GameStop have merged to become a leading global retailer.
While we integrate our systems, some temporary restrictions apply.

The ability to pre-order online and pick up in-store has been temporarily suspended.
If you have already placed a pre-order for pickup in-store, that order will be unaffected and you will be contacted by the store when your product arrives.

Payment for the product will be processed at the time the product is picked up. You will be required to remit payment at the store.

If you need to change or cancel your order please contact the store directly.
We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to resume the ability to pre-order online and pickup in-store later this year.

Sagitario

06-07-2004...*looks @ the thread's date* ... WTF? :lol

To stay on topic: the only game I've bought from that site was TWW [because of the bonus disc]...

Top Bottom