• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Survives 35 Days Lost in Mushroom Cave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Frenchman lost in a labyrinth of disused mushroom caves said he had survived 35 days by eating rotten wood and clay, after being rescued only thanks to a teachers' strike.

While wandering through the cave network his flashlight stopped working, and he was unable to find his way out.

His abandoned car was found 35 days later by three children who were not at school because their teachers were on strike. The children alerted police who rescued Josuat-Verges from the caves. French media said he had lost 40 pounds and was "weak."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....hNews&storyID=7411185&src=rss/oddlyEnoughNews

AirBrian

MARIO.jpg

"Il est moi, Mario."

aoi tsuki said:
How do you stay in a mushroom cave for 35 and not eat mushrooms?

It's a disused mushroom cave. since it's dark, I guess he moped around eating the walls. don't know how rotten wood would give him nutrition though.

A Frenchman lost in a labyrinth of disused mushroom caves said he had survived 35 days by eating rotten wood and clay, after being rescued only thanks to a teachers' strike.

this would make the greatest post-modern novel ever!

Jean-Luc Josuat-Verges, 48, told French newspapers he had gone to the deserted caves at Madiran in the Pyrenees in December seeking isolation during a spell of depression which had left him considering suicide.

*pfft* aint he ever heard of booze and hokers!?

Justin Bailey

------ ------
evil solrac v3.0 said:
Jean-Luc Josuat-Verges, 48, told French newspapers he had gone to the deserted caves at Madiran in the Pyrenees in December seeking isolation during a spell of depression which had left him considering suicide.
I wanna die!

*gets lost in mushroom cave*

Well, on second thought. . .

Brannon

I smell a new Mario game level variant.

Run around in the caves, from the flowing lava, for the exit, whatever goal, but run into too many mushrooms and you will get so big that you crush yourself and lose an extra life!

Miyamoto, you know what must be done...

aoi tsuki

DJ Brannon said:
I smell a new Mario game level variant.

Run around in the caves, from the flowing lava, for the exit, whatever goal, but run into too many mushrooms and you will get so big that you crush yourself and lose an extra life!

Miyamoto, you know what must be done...
Eating the mushrooms doesn't make you bigger. It makes your mind realize how small the world around you is, and that if we all came together, we could make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom