• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Who Slapped Hippo's Butt at LA Zoo Is Still at Large

Que Baby Got Back, lol
https://www.livescience.com/63374-hippo-butt-slap-video.html

Police in Los Angeles are on the lookout for a man who was recently captured on video trespassing at the LA Zoo and getting dangerously hands-on with a hippopotamus.

In the footage, posted to Twitter on Aug. 7, the unidentified man is seen climbing over a railing into a restricted area near the zoo's hippo enclosure. He then leans close to the two animals standing by the wall — a mother and daughter pair named Mara and Rosie — and smacks 4-year-old Rosie on her bottom, the Los Angeles Times reported.

After the slap, Rosie flinches, and Mara appears startled; the assailant jumps back over the railing and flees. The incident came to the attention of zoo administrators after the video was widely shared on social media last week. And although police received a trespassing report, no official charges have been filed, LAPD representatives told ABC News. [Photos: World's Cutest Baby Wild Animals]

Even so, the butt slap was a dangerous move, April Spurlock, a representative of the L.A. Zoo, told Live Science in an email.
"Any unauthorized interaction with an animal is unsafe for the animal and potentially unsafe for the patron," Spurlock said. "It is never okay to take an animal by surprise and physically make contact with an animal in a way that could be harmful."
Unauthorized entry into animal enclosures at the zoo is prohibited by state law, and may be punishable as a misdemeanor or an infraction, Spurlock added.
Viewed more than 440,000 times on Twitter, the footage shows the man slowly reaching down to deliver a swift slap to Rosie's rear, after which he leaps over the rail and turns to face the camera, seemingly raising his arms victoriously as he jogs away.

I'm not sure how this would be dangerous for the hippo. I guess if the slap made it rampage?

But this guy is amazingly lucky. Hippos are vicious as hell.

TrainedRage

Banned
I'm not sure how this would be dangerous for the hippo. I guess if the slap made it rampage?

But this guy is amazingly lucky. Hippos are vicious as hell.
Maybe dangerous to its mental health? Like it could become afraid to go into the enclosure or something. Or maybe they guy could have given it a virus or disease? I dunno.

norm9

His dumb ass getting possibly injured by the hippo would cause the hippo to get killed. Jail the idiot.

Boss Mog

I'm guessing a guy stupid enough to try something like that isn't educated enough to know that hippos are one of the most dangerous animals on the planet that kill 10 times more humans than lions do every year in Africa. By far the deadliest mammal to humans on that continent.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
At first I thought the guy got right behind the Hippo and was thinking he was an idiot. But he just leaned over and gave it a tap. He wasn't really ever in any danger.

But ya let him face his consequences. With this going viral how many other stupid people will try the same and not be as lucky as this guy and end up injured.

DependentDelectableBonobo-small.gif

Apparently this dude has a history of doing sick shit to animal booty.

tkscz

Well I know a thing or two about smacking the fattest asses, but I wouldn't slap the ass of something that could literally kill me in seconds. Also, that was more like a poke than a slap.

Well I know a thing or two about smacking the fattest asses, but I wouldn't slap the ass of something that could literally kill me in seconds. Also, that was more like a poke than a slap.

Yeah it didn't look like much of a slap, more of a quick touch.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I believe Hippos are responsible for more Human deaths than any other Big Animal in Africa, They are extremely Aggressive.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I loved killing these things in Assassins Creed Origins, the pools of blood they leave behind are oddly satisfying to the eye.

They're already in a zoo, stop fucking around with these animals.

also fucking around with a hippo. bad news.

I thought the pussy was going to jump in the pen.

Top Bottom