• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maneater is now on Gamepass (Shark game)

Maneater is now on Gamepass. Go swim with some sharks or rather... BE the shark!

O0ZFBcE.png

Trailer:

Three

Downloaded and played this back in 2020 when it was given on PS+ regular. It's a bit repetitive after a while but you keep at it for the progression of becoming a bigger fish.

Roberts

Have to admit I had no idea it had even left game pass in the first place but the game gets old fast.

Yeah, I initially enjoyed it for what it was, did a few missions and then just abandoned without the need to revisit it.

skit_data

Played it for like 15 mins before turning it off. It sounded like an interesting concept but the gameplay felt too stiff tbh.

xrnzaaas

Fun game with a concept that doesn't get old because of how short it is. Ran like crap on the PS4 when things got busy, but I assume it's better on modern consoles.

Got it free on Epic, free on PS+, just got it on Steam with a Humble Bundle, now it's on GP and I still have zero intention of ever actually installing it.

This game contains about 2/3 hours of actual entertainment before it degenerates into mindless tedium. It was also one the few games that made my pro’s fan run like a jet turbine.

Kuranghi

I really enjoyed it, it was repetitive but the power journey was decent and there were some interesting hidden game mechanics like the really fatty/minerally fish in caves that helped you level up or get upgrades much faster than just eating random fish.

The fighting the boats was trash though.

This game contains about 2/3 hours of actual entertainment before it degenerates into mindless tedium. It was also one the few games that made my pro’s fan run like a jet turbine.

Ita heavy on the CPU, on PC locking to 60 was difficult because the spike in frametime when you crest out of the water meant you needed a very large overhead.

It's similar to cities in AC games, 99% of it is fine, but it so happens this one thing is something you do all the time causes stutters.

Last edited:

Dural

This is my 7yo favorite game, he's beaten it and all the DLC. I've also played it a bit and it is pretty fun.

Top Bottom