• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Does anybody know what chapter the tokyo ghoul anime ends on? Because i want to pick up from there instead of having to read the events i already seen.

I never read Tokyo Ghoul

is it better then Akame Ga Kill (which has really generic art plus a lot of unneeded fan service?)

It is a whole lot better than Akame Ga Kill. It doesn't have unnecessary fanservice and cliches and some great twists. And the art improves a shit load considering this is the Authors first manga series. So yeah you should read it, but the ending does leave a whole lot of unresolved plot elements. Which is why I believe there may be a sequel.

kasane

Manga or Anime?

Does the Anime ruin things and/or ends it prematurely
definitely manga. Anime is trash
I wouldn't mind being spoiled then on how it ends. I saw a few anime episodes and it didnt grab me much but I'd be curious to know where the MC ends up and whether he retains any of his humanity.

I haven't continued on to the end in the fear of being disappointed but

MC gets tortured in a camp with the condition that the prisoners are gonna be released. His fingers kept being cut ( they regenerate ) and all other brutal stuff. He finds out that they didn't let the prisoners go so he becomes a fucking badass.

Time to pick up another series now that HSDK is over.... ;_;

Aunt Tits or Prison School, which lewdness do I take?

On another note, really bugs me that the author blocked off the picture in the HSDK final page.... Like seriously you can't draw adult faces or something? Seeing a brown haired Mini-Miu was confirmation enough so its not like you could give the impression Kenichi didn't end up with Miu.

kasane

On another note, really bugs me that the author blocked off the picture in the HSDK final page.... Like seriously you can't draw adult faces or something? Seeing a brown haired Mini-Miu was confirmation enough so its not like you could give the impression Kenichi didn't end up with Miu.

Both brah

Does anybody know what chapter the tokyo ghoul anime ends on? Because i want to pick up from there instead of having to read the events i already seen.

Start from the beginning it's worth it because the anime screws a whole lot of events and character development. It ain't even funny. Pretty much the anime butchers the manga.

Usobuko

Banned

This guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taku_Kitazaki

It is a whole lot better than Akame Ga Kill. It doesn't have unnecessary fanservice and cliches and some great twists. And the art improves a shit load considering this is the Authors first manga series. So yeah you should read it, but the ending does leave a whole lot of unresolved plot elements. Which is why I believe there may be a sequel.

definitely manga. Anime is trash

Thanks guys I will check it out :)

Quasar

The latter has decent length chapters at least, which makes it a lot more readable to me.

And the story is a fair bit more non standard than Minamoto-kun Monogatari.

Fine, i mght as well just read the whole manga then. Wonder if its gonna get continued like trigun though.

If your talking about the anime it probably won't since it skipped so many important things that would be vital to season 2. So pretty much the anime was an advertisement for the manga, which it succeeded in bringing a lot of sales.

Now if your talking about the manga it will most likely get a sequel since it brought even more questions to the table.

Share your thoughts man.

Also I believe there may be a sequel. Dang I double posted.

Don't know what my thoughts are. I kind of get this sense of detachment for series when there are big gaps in the translations like this, even if the anime did help me remember some early stuff. One of the most compelling plot points for me generally has to do with people finding out main character secrets, so the stuff with Hide was something I cared about but what we got resolved nothing.

At the very least, the final arc had some nice action.

Don't know what my thoughts are. I kind of get this sense of detachment for series when there are big gaps in the translations like this, even if the anime did help me remember some early stuff. One of the most compelling plot points for me generally has to do with people finding out main character secrets, so the stuff with Hide was something I cared about but what we got resolved nothing.

At the very least, the final arc had some nice action.

I feel you man.
Whether both Kaneki, Amon, and Hide are alive or dead is left ambiguous. Though I still believe that Kaneki is alive due to various hints. This right here makes me cling onto hope. http://rutilation.tumblr.com/post/97388115427/and-heres-why-i-think-so-this-assuming-theres. Also I believe that Hide is alive because for a character that is intelligent why would he let Kaneki eat him. Which I feel doesn't make sense considering that it would burden Kaneki.

Also
the V organization, clown organization, Dr Kanou, Rize, and even more questions are brought to the table instead of being solved.
Which is why I hope for an announcement of an sequel in October. But yeah reading this series without translation gaps makes a big difference.

I also forgot to mention Ishida is one of the biggest trolls.

Started reading Shokugeki no Soma. Really loving it. Just got to Megumi's match against Alice' aide.

Man, that qualifying round arc before this one was a chore to get through though. Every chapter for like 12 chapters is like "THIS IS DELICIOUS NO WAY HE USED THAT WHAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!" I just skimmed through a majority of those.

I really love the exaggerations in this manga. I really hope this gets animated so I can see those food orgasms and the visualizations in full animated glory. I was turned off by the ridiculous fan service at first but now I really think it makes this series more fun.

Good stuff. Megumi <333333

dH4rjH6.png

Now that's what I call paradise.

Since there's a bunch of Log Horizon manga series, Yen Press clarified which one they licensed, lol

Yen Press clarified its recent Log Horizon and The Devil is a Part-Timer! manga licenses with Anime News Network last week. The company licensed Log Horizon: The People of the West Wind (Log Horizon - Nishikaze no Ryodan) by Koyuki and Akio's The Devil is a Part-Timer! manga adaptation. Log Horizon: The People of the West Wind is an alternate story focusing on members of the "West Wind Brigade."

Awesome, looking for that too.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Tokyo Ghoul end

Goddammit

I know ;_;

You should read Tokyo Ghoul though it's Seinen.

Read it.

Please read it from the beginning Studio Pierrot butchered the manga with the anime. Both Kaneki's are like two different characters.

If it didn't do poorly in sales, I mean why would it?
Its actually a good story, Amon is gonna become a half ghoul like Kaneki and that will be the twist no one is expecting. It is plainly evident from all the lack of information and tidbits of scenes that it is going to continue with a sequel. Kaneki will still be down in the sewers where the old guy's daughter was raised with Hide and finally learn the truth. Hide, Amon and Kaneki will form the bridge to bring the gap between the ghoul and human world closer. Its honestly one of the better sequels thats gonna happen if it does cause the author laid out everything pretty well for a sequel!

I know ;_;

Read it.

If it didn't do poorly in sales, I mean why would it? Its actually a good story, Amon is gonna become a half ghoul like Kaneki and that will be the twist no one is expecting. It is plainly evident from all the lack of information and tidbits of scenes that it is going to continue with a sequel. Kaneki will still be down in the sewers where the old guy's daughter was raised with Hide and finally learn the truth. Hide, Amon and Kaneki will form the bridge to bring the gap between the ghoul and human world closer. Its honestly one of the better sequels thats gonna happen if it does cause the author laid out everything pretty well for a sequel!

You should use the spoiler for that.

But yeah this manga has been an amazing ride, like holy shit. The amount of foreshadowing and symbolism the Author uses is genius. Like some characters carry numbers on them if you look closely which represents Tarot cards. And gives these characters a much in depth look at what they represent. And I got to say Kaneki is one hell of a protagonist because I've never been so attached to a MC like him. But there definitely better be a sequel because it makes so much sense.

Shokugeki no Soma 85

Yep, that was to be expected. Now the to be expected Soma doing something better.

Shokugeki no Soma 85.1

That mystery of the dorms. Amazing.

Shokugeki no Soma 85.2

I have no recollection who these people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom