• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Wonderland (Anthology) 1-9 (END)

AVoUqBb.png

8 unremarkable oneshots + 1 superior one, all following the titular theme. I have no idea how to rate this.

Berserk could conceivably wrap up after doing whatever they need to do at elfhelm. Then have a final arc dealing with Griffith & his kingdom...

Then i remember they've been trying to get to Elfhelm for like the last 10 years...

Yeah...

Berserk will never finish

Wiseblade

Naruto

ZZZZZZZZZZ

One Piece

Bellamy's alive?! No matter how many times I remind other people that nobody ever really dies, I end up getting caught out myself. Weirder still is that he's still in the employ of Doflamingo.

Yeah, Oda's storytelling recently has been really fragmented, but that's been a thing since Skypeia. At least this arc has had the common sense to focus on one character at a time so far.

Beelzebub

Meh. Aoi has her own demonic power, so getting the King's mark seems kind of redundant.

Hinatama 10 - 11
tumblr_mkqy3gAygI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really nice trip to the mall with the two just for shopping for swimming trunks for class. I like their moment of admiration for one another and seeing them blush and stuff and be all awkward, could have went home under the same umbrella or something. 11 was great just for seeing the younger family members in the countryside. Though I guess its common in JPN for young kids to go off on their own and stuff? Seemed dangerous, though it is the country.

wonzo

Banned
*reads description*...

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif
*looks for Hot House, reads summary*

5nj7oOg.gif
I couldn't find a synopsis for Hot House, so I checked the first chapter, that started with some art panels or whatever.

1st page

19tDpgg.png

2nd page

Q6h2KDA.jpg

3rd page

pSbRIpY.gif

I'm done.

What the flying fuck, indeed. Why would anyone even read that. Not to mention draw it. WHY.
*looks up Hot House*

Heh
*Starts reading*
vKopg.gif
Well I found the summary... I think I'll skip this. :(
From someone's impressions on Hot House

I'm not so sure...
Look at all these scrubs that cant handle such fine art. smfh

What happened to these threads? Back in the days you kids would talk about Shintaro Kago with me... now you can't even stand something like Hot House. Weak.
The rot of WednesdayGAF has set in far more than first thought. rip thread

Kusagari

Beelzebub

Blah chapter. Beelzebub really should stick to the comedy.

Nisekoi

What a dumb chapter. Promising to help each other win over their crushes without even knowing who that crush is and Chitoge's dumb denial that she likes Raku.

But hey, at least Raku wasn't an ass!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Beelzebub

Blah chapter. Beelzebub really should stick to the comedy.

Nisekoi

What a dumb chapter. Promising to help each other win over their crushes without even knowing who that crush is and Chitoge's dumb denial that she likes Raku.

But hey, at least Raku wasn't an ass!

Worst Girl didn't deny it, but she didn't bother to tell Chitoge about it, either. Like teenage girls are really good about keeping their traps shut about boys they like.

A Quiet Life of a Professor and a House Steward 1
tumblr_mh9vr2Nx6M1rtjmwdo1_250.jpg

The death of the brother was pretty lighthearted and such even the will part, which made it seem pretty awkward though I guess he was happy at the end of the day. Otherwise a slow start though had the Badump moments. Shima's internal dialogue is interesting and his relationship with his servant Haruki. Am excited to see where this goes and such and who will pull the first move. Nice art.

dramatis

I haven't looked up Hot House. Seems popular. Should I pop it into the SmutGAF banner?

Here's to Nisekoi making it to volume 20 or something. Because Mangaf deserves it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

The really shitty part about the chapter is that you get very little insight into why Madara is an evil shitlord or what his big problem even was.

I sort of understand why this story relates to Sasuke (in that Hashirama's actions draw a parallel to Itachi), but I'm not sure what effect its supposed to have on Sasuke. He's just going to be Shitlord No. 2 like he always has, except with a powerup.

I haven't looked up Hot House. Seems popular. Should I pop it into the SmutGAF banner?

Smut talk I'll deal with, Guro talk is bailout time.

The whole story is NSFW and basically is "Super-Hardcore", "Too Extreme for the General Populace", and "Only Read if This is Your Fetish or if You Want Some Shock Value".

Go ahead.

Jintor

I think Nano to Kaoru should be in the smutgaf banner on permanent fixture, even if it's not ongoing.

It's not ongoing, right? I'm not going to bump up against an update horizon anymore, right?

dramatis

Feels like everybody's read Hot House lol.

Gunka no Baltzer 15
Chapter feels a little overcooked. I'm glad the author is finally addressing the possible split of loyalties between countries for Baltzer, I only hope it doesn't take the generic path of 'teacher picks his students and new place over his old'.

The fighting in this chapter is a bit disappointing. I like the military maneuvers and engagement combat in this manga more, where Baltzer shows how technology and the associated evolved strategy/tactics culminates in success. Flat out just gunslinging everybody isn't nearly as cool.

Momo Mimi Feramone (one shot)
tumblr_mkr5dpawFl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good initial concept and premise and partially liked the character designs. I guess cat people > dog people's...the ears. The ending was good for the chapter setting though if Hayato could have straightened out the issue for Mao, but I guess that is the next thing after the closing cuddle moment.

Akito

I think Nano to Kaoru should be in the smutgaf banner on permanent fixture, even if it's not ongoing.

It's not ongoing, right? I'm not going to bump up against an update horizon anymore, right?
There is even an ongoing spinoff series :lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It's still being updated if that's what you're asking.

Also yeah, another spinoff which is waaaaaaaaay steamier.

wonzo

Banned
Body Gardening

bodygardening.png

This was a loving tale between two lesbians and the cultivation of their special relationship with each other. Yet another heartwarming story from the great Horihone Saizou that shouldn't be missed!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Funnily enough it seems like they're about to really progress in the spinoff, though they're kind off progressing now in the main.

Funnily enough it seems like they're about to really progress in the spinoff, though they're kind off progressing now in the main.

And that's what makes the spinoff placement fucking weird since the progression in the series is mostly moot now.

But it guess it will be more about the journey rather than the destination.

Theonik

Onikuya-san Ch. 09
Another deep thought provoking work by Horihone Saizou. This time touching on the difficulty of being different and how true love can come in the unlikeliest of forms. Until eventually all preconceptions can be cast aside and love's true form can present itself.
It also deals with other complex social issues like homosexuality and the difficulty of acceptance.
The hole represents hiding from society for these reasons.
welp

Angry Grimace

Ignis's homies should have picked up Food Smut rather than Nisekoi

Onikuya-san Ch. 09
Another deep thought provoking work by Horihone Saizou. This time touching on the difficulty of being different and how true love can come in the unlikeliest of forms. Until eventually all preconceptions can be cast aside and love's true form can present itself.
It also deals with other complex social issues like homosexuality and the difficulty of acceptance.
welp

I couldn't find a synopsis for Hot House, so I checked the first chapter, that started with some art panels or whatever.

1st page

http://i.imgur.com/19tDpgg.png/IMG]

2nd page

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q6h2KDA.jpg/IMG]

3rd page

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pSbRIpY.gif?1/IMG]

I'm done.

What the flying fuck, indeed. Why would anyone even read that. Not to mention draw it. WHY.[/QUOTE]

So much stuff to read once I get home!

wonzo

Banned
Onikuya-san Ch. 09
welp
You forgot to mention the struggle at the end with Polyamorous relationships but yeah, you pretty much nailed it.

What is the actual name of this hot house thing I can't find it
Hot House by Horihone Saizou

Tripeace 42

lol what a way to refresh Nana memory.

Shibatora 114-115

So glad nobody died.

Karate Minoru 200

Haha at the Grace family ripoff.

Haikyuu!! 55
tumblr_mkral4eBca1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Push'em back, push'em back, Seijou. Fantastic performance and set. I really liked the post set discussion. Suguwara and Kageyama vying for the same spot and such but both wanting to play as many games and more was really nice and touching and really makes me want to see them both interact a bit more as the series go on. Hinata and Kageyama good fight and then the excitement of Kageyama wanting Hinata to do better and what not was way memorable. Hyped for the next set.

Auxiliary: Sawamura getting on court panel time, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom