• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

5 volumes of good survival horror is better than 10+ volumes of battle shounen wrestling titans.

Pretty much.

Just think of how much better it'd be if Armin was the Carraway to Mikasa's Gatsby. It wouldn't need to be short, either--Eren dying doesn't mean it has to kill everyone else off, too; the other two of the trio are just more compelling.

Dresden

Also reminded of how similar Justin Cronin's The Passage was, down to
one of the characters turning into a vampire later on with more to follow.
Giant walls, humanity on the brink, etc.

Can only be coincidence considering their publishing dates, but still amusing.

Reknoc

Pretty much.

Just think of how much better it'd be if Armin was the Carraway to Mikasa's Gatsby. It wouldn't need to be short, either--Eren dying doesn't mean it has to kill everyone else off, too; the other two of the trio are just more compelling.

Well, it kinda would since Eren Titaning is pretty much the only thing they can do against the Titans.

fertygo

All the hubbub about Titan's episode five makes me wonder how much better the series would be if Eren just died there.

No everyone-being-titans.

Just play the zombie giant horror stuff straight.

I just thought the same after watching eps 5 :lol

RIP SnK

Atredeus

Neo Member
Ubel Blatt 112

This is yet another excellent series that is impossible to keep up with due to a monthly release. Also, the pacing is falling off a bit... 3-4 month timeskips in between the last couple releases. If I didn't have to remember everything once a new chapter comes out, this could be one of the more entertaining fleshed-out universes.

survivor

Banned
Emma vol 3
emma-v3gkcp1.jpg

I wish Mori would show off more and draw more awesome pages like these two. She seems too fond of drawing close up shorts of the characters and the maids and not many wide shots like the pages posted. So there aren't that many great pages like the ones in Bride's Story. Then again the settings of the two manga is very different and there aren't that many opportunities to draw scenery shots in Emma unlike Bride's Story.

There was a good chance for competitive maids drama arc ever since Emma moved in to the new house owned by Dorothea, but this is not that type of manga. They accepted her almost instantly. That old weaboo lady introduced at the end is totally William's mother isn't she? The sequel page at the end plus her last remark hinted at that, but I might be wrong. I really want to see how Mori will resolve William vs. Eleanor vs. Emma in a non-aggressive manner keeping in tune with the atmosphere of the manga. I mean so far there haven't been any serious drama, but I don't see Eleanor giving up on William that easily.

Some of these sequel pages are too funny. And awesome.

Heroman vol 4 (15 - 19)
tumblr_mmefepKlz21qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Heroman Attack still cool and then the ending Heroman Tornado was fun. They skipped a few of my favorite moments going from the ending of last volume to the dam moment, but I guess manga adaption was pressed for time. Genderbend art of Cy and Joey, do not want.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All the hubbub about Titan's episode five makes me wonder how much better the series would be if Eren just died there.

No everyone-being-titans.

Just play the zombie giant horror stuff straight.

I dunno, if they played it straight it would be literally be your standard zombie apocalypse story except that they are bigger and harder to kill.

The twist at least makes it more interesting.

Akito

Tetsugaku Letra got picked up by a reliable group

ie7wBnxE8w0HZ.gif

Tetsugaku Letra 4
The idea of Ichinose being a source of motivation for someone would have been an absurd one just a volume ago.

Pokemon Adventures Vol.16

i2cpNj3.jpg

Yay, new volume.

Still liking this arc due to the dual heroes and their different paths. Was pretty cool seeing Sapphire take down two gym leaders and I'm completely interested in Ruby's hidden battle skills.

Steven makes an appearance and acts like the awesome dude he is and Team Magma are asses.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Pokemon Adventures Vol.16

i2cpNj3.jpg

Yay, new volume.

Still liking this arc due to the dual heroes and their different paths. Was pretty cool seeing Sapphire take down two gym leaders and I'm completely interested in Ruby's hidden battle skills.

Steven makes an appearance and acts like the awesome dude he is and Team Magma are asses.

Have you see anything mindblown in that manga yet? Like that guy's hairs
which is actually his hat

survivor

Banned
Emma vol 4

That was some very classy Victorian fanservice with Dorothea. More of this please.

William and Eleanor just got extremely serious. Did not expect a marriage proposal and now that fucks everything up for Emma. Tearful reunion, but now they are really in a bad situation and I don't think they can just run away from the problems. The confrontation with Eleanor is gonna suck for her. Either way, I don't see how a happy ending for both Eleanor and Emma is possible at this point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 17 - 20

Alright but kind of snore inducing. I liked a few of the moments to give a few of the newly introduced cast some screentime but its hard to care for them knowing that this is ending extremely soon.

Guys, I'm looking for a specific manga that I've forgotten the name of.

The main character is a college student who lives across the street from a girl that he likes and constantly peeps on her, though it turns out she's been peeping on him as well and neither of them know it. They also go to the same college.

Soma

Guys, I'm looking for a specific manga that I've forgotten the name of.

The main character is a college student who lives across the street from a girl that he likes and constantly peeps on her, though it turns out she's been peeping on him as well and neither of them know it. They also go to the same college.

Hmm. I was about to say Nozomi to Kimio or Nozoki Ana but that's not totally what you're describing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom