• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Soma spoiler, kinda:

God damn it, now I want to see everyone in Soma have stands. Shokugekis should be fought with cooking stands dammit!

guys, since HxH is gonna be in Jump they must have told Togashi that he had to do a certain amount of chapters before taking another hiatus, right?

RIGHT????

Edit: I think I'm going to start reading Shokugeki no Soma as well as Toriko...

kasane

guys, since HxH is gonna be in Jump they must have told Togashi that he had to do a certain amount of chapters before taking another hiatus, right?

RIGHT????

Edit: I think I'm going to start reading Shokugeki no Soma as well as Toriko...
He makes them money i dont think they're about to make him mad

Mortemis

Banned

RIGHT????

I believe.

That i'm going to have a nisekoi avatar for a long time because of that bet. :(

RIGHT????

qhiJv7p.gif

By the way, when was a manga weirdly got a battle shonen genre shift? Katekyo Hitman? I remembered it used to be sort of a gag manga for the first few chapters.

Revo

I never considered Reborn! a gag comedy I just considered it's early chapters an introduction for all the people for the battles.

I never considered Reborn! a gag comedy I just considered it's early chapters an introduction for all the people for the battles.

Well less gag comedy and more slice of life. But I mean it didn't seem out of place for it to become a battle shounen. I mean what else can you do with a mob setting.

Rhapsody

Banned
Well, the gag/slice of life part definitely didn't work out with Reborn. I didn't find the beginning chapters that funny or great either. The battle stuff was good for awhile before going all downhill.

Mortemis

Banned
Negima shifted from classroom harem hijinks to a battle manga, and I was so damn glad it did. Medaka box had a shift too, and was weird at first but again I was so damn glad it did.
Well, the gag/slice of life part definitely didn't work out with Reborn. I didn't find the beginning chapters that funny or great either. The battle stuff was good for awhile before going all downhill.

Varia arc was okay for what it was. Future arc was when it started to go downhill for me, I'd love to eat crow for this but I've yet to see a battle manga that uses time travel in a good way.

_hekk05

Banned
Negima shifted from classroom harem hijinks to a battle manga, and I was so damn glad it did. Medaka box had a shift too, and was weird at first but again I was so damn glad it did.

Varia arc was okay for what it was. Future arc was when it started to go downhill for me, I'd love to eat crow for this but I've yet to see a battle manga that uses time travel in a good way.

Man negima's ending was worse than double arts. Its like he decided to kill his own manga for no reason.

Mortemis

Banned
Man negima's ending was worse than double arts. Its like he decided to kill his own manga for no reason.

At least Double arts has the excuse that it got cancelled. Fuck that negima ending, it's one of the only reasons I'm putting up with UQ Holder tbh.

shit i watched the anime a long time ago and have been putting off reading the manga for a while. Is it really that bad? Is it not worth the read?

Reborn! was pretty great IMO. People hate on the future arc but I really liked it. The ending for that one too, but I believe it got cancelled around the end, which is a shame.

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't finished Negima, but it's always disappointing when a manga doesn't stick the landing for its ending, canceled or not.

Mortemis

Banned
shit i watched the anime a long time ago and have been putting off reading the manga for a while. Is it really that bad? Is it not worth the read?

Reborn! was pretty great IMO. People hate on the future arc but I really liked it. The ending for that one too, but I believe it got cancelled around the end, which is a shame.

Negima is really enjoyable when it comes to the battle arcs, everything else is pretty meh, with the ending being shitty. The anime iirc never got to any of the battle arcs, so you probably never got to it. I'd still read it if I were you, it's a pretty fun read. There's a new series called UQ Holder that should hopefully make up for the ending someday. Someday. D:

All Akamatsu had to do was have Eva win. Instead he flubbed it.

She's the only actual character that really carried over to UQ holder from negima, so at least we have that.

Negima is really enjoyable when it comes to the battle arcs, everything else is pretty meh, with the ending being shitty. The anime iirc never got to any of the battle arcs, so you probably never got to it. I'd still read it if I were you, it's a pretty fun read. There's a new series called UQ Holder that should hopefully make up for the ending someday. Someday. D:

She's the only actual character that really carried over to UQ holder from negima, so at least we have that.

UQ Holder looks interesting. I'll probably read Negima and then UQ Holder. Damn tho I have a lot of stuff I wanna read. I still have to finish Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun, which I should be done with already :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom