• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Bambino 147

erT68KO.png

So lewd

kasane

Reading genshiken makes me remember that there was a anime/manga club in our school. I just couldnt be bothered to join

_hekk05

Banned
Reading genshiken makes me remember that there wad ab anime/manga club in our school. I just couldnt be bothered to join

My uni has an anime&manga club. Surprisingly, it has more girls than guys. Also some cosplayers.

I totally should have joined, but their meeting place is so far away

Nordicus

A bit of irrational fear that may be the second part will diminish the first one by proxy or will undermine the ending, or even if it's good, it will be just "more of the same".
Well, some of the ambivalence comes from it not being quite "more of the same". Half the main cast are turned into minor characters and cameos, and the ones that graduated and moved on, largely won't appear unless they have business with the current Genshiken club.

Well, some of the ambivalence comes from it not being quite "more of the same". Half the main cast are turned into minor characters and cameos, and the ones that graduated and moved on, largely won't appear unless they have business with the current Genshiken club.

I suppose it's a game of expectations. If someone expects more serialized Genshiken with the same characters, there will be disappointment. I can understand the original fans being hyped in 2009 of their favorite series and characters coming back and seeing how in the end it was starting to focus on other people.
But if someone comes late and expect Genshiken 2 (different to G1), reading on Internet that there will be new characters on the focus, it's ok. Hell, even the fact the main cast is still there as minor characters sounds good, more than I expected.

Revo

Bambino END

m4RC6Is.png

I enjoyed it. Great character selection and I hope many of them make a return in Secondo, especially Coyote.The inside of the kitchen always felt frantic and seeing all the different jobs Ban do was interesting. The dishes looked great and made me hungry while reading.

One bad thing about the manga is that I never really got into the tragic backstory of the supporting characters when it was brought up. Him going back to the factory still feels like a wrong decision to me and it felt like they just decided to move him along when Ban didn't need him anymore. And Coyote losing his lover in 9/11 just makes me think they wanted to hit a double emotional cord.

And now to the ending..

I think I've seen quite a number of bad endings in manga. From Reborn!'s repeat of the first chapter to Kekkaishi's I'll teach you math. To Hikaru no Go ending like at 60% of the story to Veritas which earned it as being labeled as having an absolutely shit ending in my manga list. Man oh man, Bambino decided it wanted to compete with the best of them. It told me that it didn't want to have a member of the new staff not having a tragic story to tell. So it killed a character that was probably going to be a burden to the sequel off. Guess we don't need two characters with failed stores, right? And that wasn't even the first reason I thought they had killed him off. My first reaction was 'So they killed him off so Ban could get with her in Secondo eh'. Only then did I realize that they killed him off by him getting a ricochet'd raindrop in the eye. Of all things. Irresponsible driver? Nope. Drunk driver? Nope. Getting hit in the eye with a raindrop then stumbling in front of a car? Did they waste a week thinking of the best way to kill him off, couldn't think of how to do it and decided to just go with this? I can't even find an excuse for this. I mean...really?

That felt good to write. Anyways yeah, I enjoyed the read except for the ending.

Kyojin 57

Wait, didn't they have cannons that were pretty advanced? And Armin and the rest of them used guns once. Why is Levi still carrying around a sword, seems like a massive oversight if they were going to go up against
humans.

EDIT:Oh right their swords have the 3D gear controls on it.

Aizo

Banned
Bambino END

m4RC6Is.png

I enjoyed it. Great character selection and I hope many of them make a return in Secondo, especially Coyote.The inside of the kitchen always felt frantic and seeing all the different jobs Ban do was interesting. The dishes looked great and made me hungry while reading.

One bad thing about the manga is that I never really got into the tragic backstory of the supporting characters when it was brought up. Him going back to the factory still feels like a wrong decision to me and it felt like they just decided to move him along when Ban didn't need him anymore. And Coyote losing his lover in 9/11 just makes me think they wanted to hit a double emotional cord.

And now to the ending..

I think I've seen quite a number of bad endings in manga. From Reborn!'s repeat of the first chapter to Kekkaishi's I'll teach you math. To Hikaru no Go ending like at 60% of the story to Veritas which earned it as being labeled as having an absolutely shit ending in my manga list. Man oh man, Bambino decided it wanted to compete with the best of them. It told me that it didn't want to have a member of the new staff not having a tragic story to tell. So it killed a character that was probably going to be a burden to the sequel off. Guess we don't need two characters with failed stores, right? And that wasn't even the first reason I thought they had killed him off. My first reaction was 'So they killed him off so Ban could get with her in Secondo eh'. Only then did I realize that they killed him off by him getting a ricochet'd raindrop in the eye. Of all things. Irresponsible driver? Nope. Drunk driver? Nope. Getting hit in the eye with a raindrop then stumbling in front of a car? Did they waste a week thinking of the best way to kill him off, couldn't think of how to do it and decided to just go with this? I can't even find an excuse for this. I mean...really?

That felt good to write. Anyways yeah, I enjoyed the read except for the ending.

I, for one, am glad that you posted such thorough impressions. Thanks a lot!

You obviously don't love her enough. Its Holo.

I love me some kemonomimi

you see I always wrote it as Holo (as in the novels etc., and because it's correct) but it always caused arguments so I just switched for the sake of not having the argument another 100 times (animeGAF pls). I found Horo would attract less people giving out about it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
ugh, shit endings are the worst

Noragami 38
damn, HIki is creepy. Definitely felt sad for her being cast out, because it seems like Yato and her were good friends, but it was something that had to be done.

LeleSocho

Banned
you see I always wrote it as Holo (as in the novels etc., and because it's correct) but it always caused arguments so I just switched for the sake of not having the argument another 100 times (animeGAF pls). I found Horo would attract less people giving out about it.

Do the right thing, here:
fC42HHe.png

_hekk05

Banned

Its the most hilarious thing. Its actually Holo, pronounced Holo, romanji is Horo, and people just got stuck with Horo because they for the love of god couldn't understand JPN pronounces R as L.

Aizo

Banned
I think I read a bunch of series in one or two days when I was traveling last month, but didn't post about them. Let's see...

Harukana Machi e
2 Volumes
Seinen, Drama, Slice of Life
68119.jpg

This was just delightful. It could have kept going for 10 more volumes, and really gone places. Still, as it was, it was still satisfying.

The story is about a salaryman who, after falling asleep at his mother's grave, is taken back to his junior high school life. This time, though, he retains the memories of his adult self. It's such a strong piece because of the protagonist's introspection. While trying to solve some of the problems from his youth, he thinks about his future self, and what his new experiences mean for his family and himself. Probably one of my favorite time travel stories because of how delicately it utilizes the concept; the focus is on the characters--no scifi aspects are present. My only issue is with how suddenly the end came, but I still think highly of it.

I think I read a bunch of series in one or two days when I was traveling last month, but didn't post about them. Let's see...

Harukana Machi e
68119.jpg

This was just delightful. It could have kept going for 10 more volumes, and really gone places. Still, as it was, it was still satisfying.

One of my favorites of Tanaguchi!

Do the right thing, here:
fC42HHe.png

I had one for ages, I think when I just started posting in here? She'll be next after this again.

Its the most hilarious thing. Its actually Holo, pronounced Holo, romanji is Horo, and people just got stuck with Horo because they for the love of god couldn't understand JPN pronounces R as L.

Yeah, I know why people are dumb, I'm just sick of the argument. I guess among Manga GAF people I can say Holo.

Iron Knight 11
tumblr_n53ztvQujP1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well the boss even though he has bad personality and could have been designed better, combining the goblins to make a rather large impressive final form was certainly one of the least bad things in this cancelled manga.

survivor

Banned
uh, saying holo's name on animegaf doesn't cause any arguments

Harukana Machi e
68119.jpg

The story is about a salaryman who, after falling asleep at his mother's grave, is taken back to his junior high school life. This time, though, he retains the memories of his adult self. It's such a strong piece because of the protagonist's introspection. While trying to solve some of the problems from his youth, he thinks about his future self, and what his new experiences mean for his family and himself. Probably one of my favorite time travel stories because of how delicately it utilizes the concept; the focus is on the characters--no scifi aspects are present. My only issue is with how suddenly the end came, but I still think highly of it.
Not sure how the story could have gone on for that long. From what I remember, the story was pretty tightly paced and focused about the parenthood themes and what not. Messing around for 10 volumes would just kill it.

kasane

You sure it wasn't just joking around? The Korbo war was an old thing on animegaf but nobody seriously cares about the name.

Pretty sure it's a reference to the only good basketball manga Kuroko's Basketball

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Wait, let me laugh again!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom