• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
you see I always wrote it as Holo (as in the novels etc., and because it's correct) but it always caused arguments so I just switched for the sake of not having the argument another 100 times (animeGAF pls). I found Horo would attract less people giving out about it.
Seeing people arguing the right Romaji of a japanese word is always entertaining.

Nothing like ruffling feathers by reminding some that Togashi meant Killua to be Killer.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is the main character in Slam Dunk confessing to every girl he sees?

Cause I know it's not Kuroko cause lol confessing to girls in that series.

yes
Hanamichi Sakuragi is a delinquent outcast and leader of a gang. Sakuragi, being very unpopular with girls, has been rejected by them 50 times (from wiki)

Kawaisa Amatte Nanika ga Hyakubai 3
tumblr_n541tsJc0A1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Oldest characters Ive read a bl about but still funny for the main pair just in their encounter and teases by the older guy. The conclusion to their short story wasnt that since Mikuni could finally settle with one person and not life that life anymore.

Revo

Bambino! Secondo 1-11

Seeing Ban lead is kinda weird. Early volumes will probably be a bit of a drag due to wrapping up old strings from Bambino.

Edit: I also miss the italian chapter names.

Noblesse 320

I guess the conflict is heating up? Needs more blood tornadoes, though.

Aizo

Banned
Not sure how the story could have gone on for that long. From what I remember, the story was pretty tightly paced and focused about the parenthood themes and what not. Messing around for 10 volumes would just kill it.
Yeah, you're right. I think I was just disappointed by there not being a proper end to some other things going on his life--namely the romance with that junior high girl, and his internal conflict surrounding that.
Pretty sure it's a reference to the only good basketball manga Kuroko's Basketball
And to think, I trusted your opinions all this time.
Edit: Reading your post again, this must be sarcasm. Pardon my slowness.

survivor

Banned
yeah, but how hot are they
edit: looks like AlabastreAizo covered that part well

Yeah, you're right. I think I was just disappointed by there not being a proper end to some other things going on his life--namely the romance with that junior high girl, and his internal conflict surrounding that.

And to think, I trusted your opinions all this time.
Edit: Reading your post again, this must be sarcasm. Pardon my slowness.
Did he actually just leave that junior high girl? I don't really remember the details of the manga that well. What did you think of the ending with the book?

Aizo

Banned
Did he actually just leave that junior high girl? I don't really remember the details of the manga that well. What did you think of the ending with the book?
She runs away, upset that she can't understand Hiroshi, and he just yells her name, but doesn't chase her. He gets drunk, and goes back to the present. I overall felt that the ending was quite sudden. I think there should have been a couple more--or even just one more chapter. Daisuke (the best friend) gets to have his name brought up again at the end when Hiroshi sees his book, and that's what proves it all wasn't just a dream, but Tomoko doesn't get the same treatment. That just seemed strange to me.
Still, a really great series.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Youkai Shoujo 5

So another harem member youkai coming next chapter.

god damn, this looks hilarious. ill dabble for a bit, i dislike shoujo's except for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

can i ask for a favor, anyone willing to crop my image into a clean one? i have a higher res one in case anyone can be a Samaritan on ManGAF.
Which there probably isn't....

Erigu

Seeing people arguing the right Romaji of a japanese word is always entertaining.
More like an imaginary name (although it might well be based on the Ainu word for "wolf").
And we actually have an official alphabet spelling for that one, so...

Nothing like ruffling feathers by reminding some that Togashi meant Killua to be Killer.
They probably just wonder what the hell you're talking about. While it sounds quite likely the name is a pun on "kill" (the character being from a family of killers), it clearly (when you know a bit about kana and the Japanese language, anyway) isn't meant to be the English word "killer".

One Punch Man 33.5

lol this bonus chapter, such a creepy dude
lol a prison harem
He is no hero... and I don't mean Sonic

no wonder how they got to the sea monsters

Charade

So I was at a bookstore earlier today and I was flipping through "1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die," and I must say some of their manga selection was quite...interesting.

IIRC, Bleach was an "emotional coming of age story" or something

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just found the thread from the main page that had a link that fixed it, thanks.

Nordicus

IIRC, Bleach was an "emotional coming of age story" or something
Such a cruel, cruel joke by the bookstore. Fuck, if they just wanted to sell a manga series with massive length like that, they could've just recommended One Piece or something.

Charade

Such a cruel, cruel joke by the bookstore. Fuck, if they just wanted to sell a manga series with massive length like that, they could've just recommended One Piece or something.

To be fair, I found the full list of manga (scroll down to "Japan") in that "1001 comics you must read" book, and it's actually pretty comprehensive, at least more than I thought when flipping through it in the store.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But he gave you Eyeshield 21. Why did you forgive him?

Akito

To be fair, I found the full list of manga (scroll down to "Japan") in that "1001 comics you must read" book, and it's actually pretty comprehensive, at least more than I thought when flipping through it in the store.
The list isn't half-bad, the inclusion of Naruto and Bleach though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom