• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

That feel when a OPM anime wouldn't look as good as the gifs.
I don't wan't a new Eyeshield 21, just leave Murata's art alone :(

Akito

Oh hey, a new Baby Steps chapter... already over :( Maruo seems to be in charge of the game now, this could end pretty quickly if he manages to break.

Articalys

Qualia the Purple ch.1-7

Noticed hype on my Twitter feed for this, so I took a look. Seems like it's based on a 2009 hard sci-fi novel. Two manga volumes out so far and it's ongoing monthly.

If you like quantum mechanics you're going to love this. Apparently what's been translated so far is only the tip of the iceberg.

dumbyugi

Qualia the Purple ch.1-7

Noticed hype on my Twitter feed for this, so I took a look. Seems like it's based on a 2009 hard sci-fi novel. Two manga volumes out so far and it's ongoing monthly.

If you like quantum mechanics you're going to love this. Apparently what's been translated so far is only the tip of the iceberg.

That would explain all the science jargon being used in chapter 7. It's been quite good so far and I'm very interested in seeing what happens next.

Damn I've been out of the loop for a while due to real life.

Its kinda empty here with no AngryGrimace lol.

Anyways starting to read Nura as I finished the anime and that left unsatisfied. I really want a season 3.

Pisses me off how certain mangas such as Gash Bell don't ever end and are stuck in limbo.

dumbyugi

Damn I've been out of the loop for a while due to real life.

Its kinda empty here with no AngryGrimace lol.

Anyways starting to read Nura as I finished the anime and that left unsatisfied. I really want a season 3.

Pisses me off how certain mangas such as Gash Bell don't ever end and are stuck in limbo.

The Gash Bell manga ended, unless you're talking about the Viz release in which case I think they stopped releasing it. I think I remember reading that the anime ended earlier then planned because the director died or something.

The Gash Bell manga ended, unless you're talking about the Viz release in which case I think they stopped releasing it. I think I remember reading that the anime ended earlier then planned because the director died or something.

I was talking about the anime actually lol.

wonzo

Banned
[Mokkouyou Bond] I'll Rape My Son Tonight

illrapemysontonight.png

Is this the most self-explanatory name ever since My Balls? Yes, yes it is.

don't read this

lordmrw

my first anime would probably be Robotech but I was only 6 or 7 at the time and didn't know it came from Japan. If you want to use that metric it would be Akira back in 1994. An older friend of mine was into anime and showed me Akira and Vampire Hunter D and from there it was weekly trips to Blockbuster or Silver City Galleria to check out the latest releases.

My first exposure to manga came from the monthly comic book releases of Fist of the North Star Viz put out back in the early 90s I want to say. I actually didn't start buying manga on my own until 2003 when I finally had a ton of disposable income. I started out with Battle Angel Alita, King of Hell, and Rebirth and from then til now I think I have close to 400 volumes of manga I really need to organize.

Sleeping Moon v1
tumblr_mola6yOO411qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Pretty nice story for Sleeping Moon, Akihiko is in a family whose cursed with dying quite young (around 30) so goes back to his home in rural JPN to try to find away to beat it. There he meets another family member Ren, who may also be faced with this and they launch to discovering its secret. Time travel is involved through dreams in which Akihiko meets Eitarou, a family member from 100 years ago, who is also trying to solve it too. Really compelling moments in terms of characters, their interactions with one another, some aspects of romance among them all. The female character who is interested or presses on with Eitarou is also somewhat entertaining. A good purchase I think, with a great balance of suspense, surprise, and some supernatural stuff, with some aspects of romance naturally placed, though heavily skewed towards Ren's advances. Cant wait to see how it concludes in the second volume in Sept.

DarkMehm

Nana to Kaoru 94

What's up with the chapter numbering? There clearly are 94 chapters, but it says 72 on the first page. Anyway, it was a good chapter.

You guys remind me of the time my step-mom got me a shirt with the Vitruvian Man on it and kids laughed at me for having a penis on my shirt :'[

Azure J

Girls of The Wilds

Dal Dal is great man. :lol

This is also like the first real conversation Queen and Song have had in forever.

Kurita

City Hunter vol.1

It was pretty good. Ryo Saeba is badass, he gives no shit about anything.
The art is already pretty good, even for a 80s manga. I was surprised to see that it was quite violent, and there's nudity! You even see a naked chick getting shot :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom