• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Speaking of feeling old, tell me about your childhood mangas, GAF. Mangas that you grow up with, mangas that befriended your young self and serve as a part of you growing up.

I grew up with anime. Manga came after, though the first ones have been Dragon Ball, Ushio&Tora, Ogenki Clinic and City Hunter.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 33
Dem plots. King is officially the butt monkey of the group now. Next chapter(s) should be plenty of fun.

LeleSocho

Banned
The funny thing is when I was young, I really like watching animes. My Sunday mornings were filled with watching animes like Doraemons, Sailormoons, Saint Saiya, Cardcaptor Sakura, and many others.

Now, I can't stand them and only read mangas.

I wonder myself what happened to me to change so dramatically like that.

I'm exactly like that too well aside the sunday mornings for me were the entire weekdays :p

It's not like i can't stand them is just that manga are way more viable and easy to "consume" nowadays

wonzo

Banned
Seven Deadly Sins 33

I was expecting her to be in the crystal but that was&#8230; lmao. King being so utterly pathetic in a fight was equally hilarious and I can't wait for the next chapter as it's gonna be utterly insane.

edAYyIP.jpg

Dragons Rioting 5

I don't dislike the loli girl yet.

Which might actually be the nicest compliment I've ever said about one.

Stulaw

The Pokemon anime was my.first along with Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors(the reasons I now try to avoid English dubs), Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh, I didn't really get into DBZ until about 2003ish, while most of my friends had been watching it since primary school by then.

After that, I didn't really watch or read anime/manga until 2008/2009 when Naruto got me interested in it again.

It was through anime that I started reading manga.

Saint Seya, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Sakura Cardcaptor, Tenchi Muyo, Pokemon etc.

So many good memories. Nowadays they dont air anime anymore in the public channels here in Brazil.

LeleSocho

Banned
I started on anime too.. it was 1995ish when i started watching Dragon Ball (not Z) then after 6 i found that there were the manga too and so i started... always with Dragon Ball.

Kusagari

The first anime I think I saw might have actually been Sailor Moon before DBZ. I'm not sure. One of them was the first.

Only manga I touched as a kid was Dragonball.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
First anime for me was Doraemon. Sailormoon and Dragonball follows right after.

I fucking loved the Akazukin ChaCha dubs from Cartoon Network.

I barely watched any anime on it, except for pokemon and yu gi oh. :p

Dexter's laboratory and courage the cowardly dog were my jams.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seven Deadly Sins

I know I'm getting old because the first thing I said when Diane and Elizabeth shrunk was:

"Wow other then shoulders and arms they have the exact same body...how lazy"

:(

Antiwhippy

Magi

Sooooo....

Shit.

Looks like the thing that wiped out solomen's nation has appeared.

Also looks like titus was able to save mogamett from fully falling into depravity?

Soshite Bokura wa Koi o Suru 1
tumblr_mojg6h7Dmg1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Alright so far, its kind of off to a confusing start as I just don't even know what is true of the Granny ato anymore, so many stories and confusing things, though maybe it will be definitively cleared up at some point. Hikari is nice and just needs to do a bit more to finally get Tomoya over, but he seems to at least want to know the truth first. Maybe this night can get even better.

DarkMehm

Magi 185

There is a number with 1100 at the beginning of the chapter. Either 11 million volumes shipped total or 1.1 million of volume 17 shipped.

The chapter itself was meh. It probably never will be as good as it was in the beginning.

Antiwhippy

Magi 185

There is a number with 1100 at the beginning of the chapter. Either 11 million volumes shipped total or 1.1 million of volume 17 shipped.

The chapter itself was meh. It probably never will be as good as it was in the beginning.

I thought the beginning of magi was pretty boring. Only got good when they went to balbadd.

Hinatama 12

Althought it was a chapter focusing on the weaker characters in the cast, I did end up smiling when Chi-chan was trying all the clothes on, kind of cute.

Bokura no Mitsudomoe Sensou 2
tumblr_moiyyhBlms1s2d2o8o1_500.jpg

The cover finally makes sense. I was slightly disappointed at the start of this chapter of the progression as I would have liked the best friends together, but to think Takehiko's plan would turn out like this and reveal everyones feelings. They should do a onsen trip more often (probably leave Takehiro out as he seems too clueless). Takehiko was unexpectantly hilarious and into it. Memorable art.

bigkrev

New Hinatama chapters? My day just improved!

Speaking of feeling old, tell me about your childhood mangas, GAF. Mangas that you grow up with, mangas that befriended your young self and serve as a part of you growing up.

]

My first Manga experience was with DBZ back in 1999, when Viz was releasing 2 chapter long comic books. From there, my next purchase would be years later, when Viz started publishing Flame of Recca. I also started reading Shonen Jump with its 6th issue, and became a huge fan of YYH and Yugioh.

Wiseblade

Ippo 1012

Having Takamura call out the cast (minus itagaki) for stagnating for 500 chapters doesn't make stagnating for 500 chapters okay.

bigkrev

Hinatama 12-15
f386f63c7dec24cfbcb6c94d0cef54c7_zps66c47c85.jpg

Indeed they are!

While I appreciate the backstory we got about Hinata, it was kind of a bummer that we really didn't get any interactions with the siblings outside of chapter 12, which was a Chiyoko chapter. Tokyo trip has already been fun (with Hinata being dumbstruck by Shibuya), so I hope for more hijinks around the fact that he is basically a dumb hick transported to the city for the first time.

Himitsu no Akuma-chan 13

Somehow overlooked this chapter for weeks. Went much better than expected though could have dragged out the running away part longer. I hope a confession is on the horizon.

Hinatama 13 - 15
tumblr_mojn6rAOUf1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This trip has been a blast, Takematsu was kind of funny but am glad he dashed off. I wish this series was longer than two volumes, just three or so more chapters to go :(

K – SIDE: BLACK & WHITE, CHAPTER 2

??? isnt that bad at all. The history of ??? ability is quite interesting and I like how vivid the imagination. Starting to see ??? in a whole new light here. I wonder when ??? will take on the Neko name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom