• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan Tengu Party Illustrated is really good. Has anyone else read Japan Tengu Party Illustrated (besides flawfuls)? If not, you should read Japan Tengu Party Illustrated.

Tengu Tengu.

Oh my god there is a manga adaptation of Ultraman Tiga? That show was so awful when it was on TV I can't even imagine how a manga adaptation would be

Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru 01-44

NqgHaEG.jpg

A shy girl who can see someone's future if she looks into someone's eyes and another girl who can tell if someone's lying to her.

A fun series I would say. It's nice to see future seeing girl open up and make friends and how lie detector girl is trying her best to go back to her quiet life. Pretty much their silly adventures with half the group trying to push a couple together or whatever but I am enjoying it and its short chapters.

So, MangaGAF:

If a terrorist pulls out a gun on your head:

"You can only choose Manga or Anime for the rest of your life! NOT TWO OF THEM, JUST ONE! CHOOSE!"

What would your answer gonna be?

Kill the Terrorist is the only correct answer for trying to make you choose.

Anyways LOL Xbox One since I wasn't even up for it and burst out laughing after hearing about it.

Off that side note I hope the chapters are awesome this week.

Sad to hear about Oda and I hope he gets better.

Bleach will go to another arc now that Masaki's death has been cleared up.

Naruto has Minato who will probably have some awesome moments.

Ultraman Tiga 1

What's up with all this bloody color? This isn't a manga its a comic book! Also why is there so much text? This is based upon a series where a guy in spandex beats up Godzilla rejects

Again!! I Forget the Number

If people are still hating on the Banchou after this chapter, I just...I just don't think I'll be able to handle it.

brotkasten btw since in the previous thread I saw you wanting to read the hot garbage known as Fairy Tail I will instead recommend watching Yu Yu Hakusho anime (dubbed) since you haven't seen it before.

Lain

Alice in Hell volume 1
FZo.png

I enjoyed this a lot, in part also thanks to all those references, some of which related to Hokuto no Ken. In typical Jiro Matsumoto's style there is no inhibition: just a couple pages in, a woman is about to be raped.

The Alice of the title is some type of android -who seems to be defective- and is used by Shu as a decoy to distract the brigands while he's safe at range, where he can shoot them off if they don't comply with his demands.

So far I both like and dislike Shu but mostly dislike because of the way he treats Alice. The way he took revenge on the thug that beat him up though was pretty good and cold blooded.
Alice doesn't have much to do in the story yet, except puke milk and have Shu get a beating and stripped by a bunch of thugs that wanted to take her to their boss. Wanting to take her to their boss to be used as a sex doll wasn't cool, but Shu getting beat up wasn't completely bad.
Eliza is quite childish, even more than Shu, though as the volume ends I can understand how what she went through must have fucked her up even more than she might have been already.

I imagine what Eliza, Shu and the twins did this volume will set up a chain of events that will have some little (but most likely big) wars between the Commune A and the Commune B.

Oh, I found it pretty cool what the real cover for the volume looked like under the jacket
Front
Back

Monster Volume 10

I really like Grimmer and Suk, the further this series has gone on the better the secondary heroes have become. It's also interesting how this story can thrive for multiple chapters with very little input from our main characters. It's a really dangerous line to walk because when you take the focus away from the main protagonist/antagonist for too long you risk losing the audiences interest yet if you pull it off it lets you show a story from many different angles which Monster does exceptionally well.

Apath

So, MangaGAF:

"You can only choose Manga or Anime for the rest of your life! NOT TWO OF THEM, JUST ONE! CHOOSE!"

Manga. I don't really watch much anime these days... though I don't read much manga either.

cntr

Banned
Oda's in hospital? Hope he'll be okay.

So, MangaGAF:

Manga, easily. I've always been a reading guy.

upandaway

FRESH thread, posting to subscribe

Wiseblade banner thing is amazing (and props to drama-man for not going with the flow and ditching the numbers in OT)

Mr. Fix

New console reveal and manga thread on the same day? It's a sign.

Reading manga on XBO next-gen:

"Xbox, flip that shit."

wonzo

Banned
Sweet Alien 6.1

A surprisingly upbeat child kidnapping arc.

Seven Deadly Sins 29

Wow, this is starting to get really messed up.

aunt tits 79

ugh, i swear if they switch to another girl now i'm gonna be mad as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom