• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan 23
himoumaru23.png
A struggle for the ages.

Naruto

I swear that fucking backstory is in one of those JRPGs from way back when. WTF Kishi.

Bleach

Hitsugaya owned his ass in one chapter...without his bankai!? Shiiiit

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach

I have a hard time focusing on these fights when I know its only a matter of time before someone swoops in to save the hero. Kubo has X bankais to still reveal and Y villains left, so he's not going to waste too many enemies on these bankai-less fools. This is merely redemption hour for them, padded by convenient match ups.

R.I.P

Naruto

God that backstory is stupid.

Bleach

That was a cool little fight, was nice to see Hitsugaya and Matsumoto fight together.

grandjedi6

Beelzebub (last weeks?)

oh no. whatever will they do. Its not like the main heroine has been MIA for this whole fight and will now swoop down for the rescue.

grandjedi6

Does Beelzebub still pretending that it is a battle manga when it actually does a much better job as a comedy manga?

Yes. Its been a fairly fourth wall breaking battle arc though. There's 2 chapters max left of this arc so hopefully a comedic arc starts next. Unless the author feels the end game is upon us :/

Its like a reverse Gintama

R.I.P

One Piece is out.

Surprisingly good backstory for Rebecca & Mr.Soldier, gave some much needed depth to both characters. With Rebecca being the granddaughter of the former king I bet that Mr.Soldier is actually her father turned into a toy. Also another break next week :(

Naruto
Okay never expect to read a chapter of the Old Testament in naruto SMH .

Bleach
That fight went rather fast lets see how things go .

One Piece
okay chapter , flash back gave us a small idea of what happen in the past .
Let see where Oda goes from here.

ffdgh

Naruto

...ok weird back story, check
Alliance is still diying lol, check
Overpower obito....tree, check
Sarutobi is alive, check....wait what? Yay!

one piece

Backstory time!
Aww poor rebrcca and her mom...queen. I don't expect her to last long in the ring without help.

Naruto

I wasnt expecting this backstory. Also how many forms this thing has?

Bleach

Its always cool to see someone using strategy instead of relying on their bankai.

One Piece

Thats one badass toy.

grandjedi6

One Piece

No. Bad Rebecca. Don't flashback. That was suppose to be Law's job. Oh well, at least it was a short one. Felt a bit rushed but whatever. Ended on a good plot twist.

Also, boy is Rebecca slow. Like Luffy slow. "Gee, this toy soldier who acts like a father to me could almost be like a father!"

And if you thought Rebecca looked like Nami... damn, her mom IS Nami lol. Interesting that her name was Scarlet. I bet this means Violet was royalty too. Probably was a whole rainbow of sisters/princesses.

I wonder what this backstory means for Kayos. Was he her other grandfather or the king himself?

The bottom 6 from earlier was fake. Soul Catcher(S) isn't over yet.

Jump TOC Issue #42 (14/09) :

Hachi (New Series, Cover, Lead Color, 54p)
Shokugeki no Soma
One Piece
Ansatsu Kyoshitsu (Color)
Kuroko no Basket
Psi Saiki
Naruto
World Trigger
Gintama (Color)
Toriko
Kurokuroku
Beelzebub
Bleach
Hime Dol!!
Jaco
Nisekoi
Kochi Kame
Soul Catcher(s)
Haikyuu (23p)

#43 (21/09) :
Koi no Cupid - Yakeno Harajin (New Series, Cover, Lead Color, 54p)
Haikyuu!! (Color, Character Popularity Poll Announcement)
Hachi (25p, Color)
Kuroko no Basket (23p), Jaco (31p), Naruto (21p), Ansatsu Kyoshitsu (22p)
One Piece (Absent)

#44 (30/09) :

Kuroko no Basket (Cover, Lead Color)

#45 (07/10) :

Big News

Jump Next 2013 Autumn (15/10) :
Haikyuu (Cover and Alternative Cover)
Naoya Matsumoto / Pochi Kuro (Lead Color, 50p)
Kenta Tsuchida / My Animal (Color, 49p)
Cross Manage - Final Chapter (Color, 31p)

Another week without one piece. I guess big news is either hxh or haikyuu!! (Please!) anime, or the return of some prominent manga duo.

World trigger doing great consistently :)

Hystzen

Bleach

Never liked Histsu but was a fun fight plus Masumoto <3 , need see Omedea not suck finally and man up could be cool fight with him.

Naruto

tumblr_m6hbe8MfVf1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Naruto 646

I thought the Shinju fruit story and name for the sage was a well crafted and believable story, I guess, or more importantly it did adress the Uchiha stone.

With Naruto down and tired its time for Sasuke to take charge and shine, hoping for big things. For the original team seven it is disappointing that Sakura is still worthless, she could have retaliated or something.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece

No. Bad Rebecca. Don't flashback. That was suppose to be Law's job. Oh well, at least it was a short one. Felt a bit rushed but whatever. Ended on a good plot twist.

Also, boy is Rebecca slow. Like Luffy slow. "Gee, this toy soldier who acts like a father to me could almost be like a father!"

And if you thought Rebecca looked like Nami... damn, her mom IS Nami lol. Interesting that her name was Scarlet. I bet this means Violet was royalty too. Probably was a whole rainbow of sisters/princesses.

I wonder what this backstory means for Kayos. Was he her other grandfather or the king himself?

Mr. Soldier already stated people seem to forget about people who are turned into toys. So not her fault.

Naruto

So did Obito just become god?

Bleach

If we get fights that only last 1-2 chapters like this throughout the arc I'll be pretty content.

One Piece

Tragic back story check

Though Rebecca might be a new vivi in that at the end she'll stay to rule her kingdom. Mr soldier does have a bounty though...

Wow, early release for the big 3 today, Whats going on in Japan? In any case, this probably means a delay next week :C

One Piece
Alright, Rebecca just became more memorable. Feel sad for her now. I thought the living toys were there since Doflamingo's time, guess not.

Naruto
My only thought during that whole backstory....One Piece? Anyways, things has turned to shit for Naruto and everybody.

Bleach
Histugaya proves to be strong even without his Bankai. Dont think it was a smart move in revealing how his attacks were done to the enemy. This is gonna bite him in the butt next chapter. Mohawk guy most likely survived thanks to Blut(?)

Akito

One Piece
Decent chapter with decent flashback. Break again next week *sigh*.

About the real ToC, I guess it was too early to laugh at Soul Catchers. At least Nisekoi is still at the bottom. Beelzebub will continue as well just as expected.

Qurupeke

One Piece
Ok chapter, time for Block D. Doflamingo is really a weird person and it seems he wasn't a king always.

Bleach

Nice fight but it was very quick. A bit meh...

Naruto

The tree thing is stupid? Really? God knows how many religions has a tree-based element with its genesis. It's one of the most used in history. That's why I'm ok with it. I don't mind the Juubi's form being plant-based. It fits.

Bleach

I doubt that the thin ice can kill Buzz-B especially since he has Blut Vene. The first 4 pages were crap. Wasting time on Omeada.
Buzz-B will use Volstandig and put up a great fight. If Kubo want to make a real twist he will make Hitsugaya lose, but that´s unlikely.

Naruto

Kishimoto went biblical on us.

one piece

Another sappy story, but not that bad.

Naruto 646

I don't know why Madara's nonchalant replay "It was on the Uchiha Stone" made me laugh.

Juubi being a tree makes his bulbasaur form seem more threatening.

Bleach 548

Toshiro is fighting well without Bankai?

The end of Bleach is nigh.

One Piece 721

Okay flashback.

Crowd should be worried now that they made Luffy angry.

one piece

that is why one piece is the best. great and touching back story, plus stuff to look forward to. EmptySpace is betting soldier-san is the former king/grandfather of rebecca.

naruto

went all religious and some philosophical bullcrap. EmptySpace's virtual particles are not amused. recent chapters don't have much going on individually. can easily condense contents of past two chapters into one. sasuke will be the sage of six paths because original sage is an uchiha, just a guess.

bleach

there are no words nor particles. with every setback, there is always a band-aid solution. lost bankai? guess what, his shikai and bankai are not that different power-wise. just lol.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
bleach

there are no words nor particles. with every setback, there is always a band-aid solution. lost bankai? guess what, his shikai and bankai are not that different power-wise. just lol.
Anyone reading knows that Ice Princess's bankai has always been really similar to his shikai in terms of power. I don't understand why coming up with a strategy for how to use what you have instead of auto-bankai'ing like he has done in every battle prior to this is "just lol."

Erigu

Naruto 646
I don't know why Madara's nonchalant replay "It was on the Uchiha Stone" made me laugh.
"Nanomachines, son."

I also liked the reasoning "I read that old story, so of course I decided to hypnotize the entire world." Oh, okay then. Makes sense.

And I hope we're not supposed to understand that all shinobi literally descend from Rikudô Sennin and that's why they can use chakra...
Remember how the Senju and Uchiha clans were so damn important because they were descended from Rikudô Sennin's sons? Well, so are all the other clans.
Remember how Kinkaku and Ginkaku were thought to descend from Rikudô Sennin, which would explain why they were "special"? Well, just as "special" as all the other shinobi.

"Nanomachines, son."

I also liked the reasoning "I read that old story, so of course I decided to hypnotize the entire world." Oh, okay then. Makes sense.

And I hope we're not supposed to understand that all shinobi literally descend from Rikudô Sennin and that's why they can use chakra...
Remember how the Senju and Uchiha clans were so damn important because they were descended from Rikudô Sennin's sons? Well, so are all the other clans.
Remember how Kinkaku and Ginkaku were thought to descend from Rikudô Sennin, which would explain why they were "special"? Well, just as "special" as all the other shinobi.

for a second EmptySpace thought erigu is talking about religion. hey....humans are special and the universe is made only for humans!

Bleach 548
tumblr_mswynuHwk71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Have to agree with the comments about the Omaeda part being dull and awful. Never really an interesting character so it felt like something that was added on to the chapter, after Kubo realized he needed to fill a page count when the Hitsugaya portion came up short. Regardless, this was the type of chapter that should have premiered right after the break ended. It was really good and strong, and certainly something to excite us all again. Hyorinmaru is one of the best, and best panel from Hitsugaya in awhile (headband really enhances everything). Only criticism is Bazz-B being weaker than expected...

Why so many typos this week in just Naruto and Bleach alone though...

upandaway

One Piece

That was an intense parallel to Vivi for a bit there. I'm actually down for something like that, if Rebecca mingles with the crew a bit and develops some kind of personality.

Also, it seemed like her fighting style might be based around winning without hurting the opponent? If so then that's unique enough for a 1-on-1 later in the arc, even if she appears way weaker than the minimum necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom