• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manhunt and Bully PS2 Classics stealth released on EU PSN [PS4]

Rymuth

Quick Q - did we know Bully was coming? I don't remember reading about it when folks were digging in the certifications.

Zareka

GAF! Drop EVERYTHING and purchase Bully right now. It's the best GTA.
And then pester R* about giving us Bully 2.

You know if these do get released tomorrow on the US PSN maybe I'll pick up Bully. Now all I need now is just Shadow Hearts and Star Ocean 3 and I'm good.

HiiiLife

Probably trickier as it's a licensed property with actors likenesses and all that.

Hope not. Ever since these PS2 classic threads have been a thing on GAF I've only ever asked for Timesplitters 2 and Warriors. I'll be so happy if they make it onto PS4.

Catvoca

Banned
I don't remember there being any licensed songs in Bully, pretty sure it was all composed specifically for the game.

This is correct. Everyone here should check out the soundtrack by Shawn Lee, it's really good.

You're better off just getting the Scholarship Edition if you want to play Bully, right?

I'd say so, but scholarship edition isn't much better then the original. There's a couple of new missions and costumes, and a bunch of new classes in school, but most of the new school classes are pretty lame anyway. Unless this version is visually improved, the PC version of SE is probably still the best option, but the base game here is just fine.

Huggers

Not two games I'm hugely interested in playing again but great news that more PS2 stuff is coming out. Now how about some PS1 classics?

Ludens

Banned
Meanwhile R* keeps selling Mahunt on Steam which simply doesn't work on modern OS without using an unofficial "fix".

Leyasu

Banned
I'd replay manhunt. I'd also love to see a current gen version.

So much this. I would love a totally remade manhunt. The atmosphere in that game. I wa always fascinated by the fact that they based the city on Detroit... And then I looked up just how decayed the city is and was completely shocked.

And why the fuck is not on xbox ffs

RustyO

Infernal Monkey said:
lol, no Manhunt on Australian PSN. Guess they figured it'd still be banned even with the R18+ rating which didn't exist when the original game launched.

WTF??? fucking serious??

When originally, Australia didn't have an 18 rating; so it was classified as MA15, then later refused classification...

They would have to resubmit it to the classification board to be reviewed again afaik; that costs money and time, so who knows?

From Wiki:

In Australia, the game was "refused classification" on September 28, 2004 by the Classification Review Board despite having already been on sale for almost a year at the time, having earlier received a classification of MA15+ (restricted to ages 15 and over).

Hedge

Oh man, Bully. Such a gem, but I guess there's no hope for a remaster now.
I would love another Bully game, though. Too bad they've forgotten about it. :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ah, more PS2 releases on PS4 I can only find out about through random threads on GAF because Sony still can't be bothered to add a goddamn PS2 section to the EU store.

Why do you hide the PS2 games Sony? Just.....why? Where is the logic in putting games on the store but making them impossible to find without manually searching the game titles?

I still contend that Manhunt is the scariest game ever created that doesn't feature any supernatural elements in its plot or gameplay. The atmosphere is oppressive as hell, with an awesome John Carpenter-esque soundtrack to boot.

aravuus

I still contend that Manhunt is the scariest game ever created that doesn't feature any supernatural elements in its plot or gameplay. The atmosphere is oppressive as hell, with an awesome John Carpenter-esque soundtrack to boot.

I really gotta give Manhunt a try too. I've never played it.

Man, just gimme that 60hz confirmation already

Yeah, the atmosphere in manhunt is incredible. The game might look kinda bad by modern standards, but the ominous mood it's creates and the sound design and music are fantastic.

Sony is doing flat pricing for PS2 titles. With it having a platinum trophy, it's going to be $15 no matter what.

A bunch of PS2onPS4 games have just gone on sale here in the UK, such as Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle, Rogue Galaxy, the Star Wars games and The Mark of Kri. I assume that's what the person you quoted meant.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Manhunt?! FUCK YEAH!

I really gotta give Manhunt a try too. I've never played it.

It's genuinely upsetting. It makes you feel dirty. The controls are fucking awful. It's not fun at all. It's a gruelling slog. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Even so, it's fucking brilliant.

Manhunt?! FUCK YEAH!

It's genuinely upsetting. It makes you feel dirty. The controls are fucking awful. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to describe it as fun and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

It's fucking brilliant.

It has one of the worst opening stages I've ever played, then almost immediately becomes wonderful.

Danlord

I'm not 100% sure, but were these available on the PS3 via PS2 Classics?

If yes, can someone check to see on the PS3's Store if they're still listed on PS2 Classics, because we can't check via the Web store and I don't have access to PS3 Store anymore.

My friend seems to think they might have stealth released this on PS4 Classics because they have removed it from the PS3.

e: Ah, found it on the webstore. The PS3 version still exists. For now. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...edit/cid=EP1004-NPED00233_00-GCANISCANE000001

I'm not 100% sure, but were these available on the PS3 via PS2 Classics?

If yes, can someone check to see on the PS3's Store if they're still listed on PS2 Classics, because we can't check via the Web store and I don't have access to PS3 Store anymore.

My friend seems to think they might have stealth released this on PS4 Classics because they have removed it from the PS3.

e: Ah, found it on the webstore. The PS3 version still exists. For now. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...edit/cid=EP1004-NPED00233_00-GCANISCANE000001

i dont see the point of them removing the original ps2 versions

Top Bottom