• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

sonikokaruto said:
I don't know if making the mid 90's "the WB" joke is appropriate ...

Anyways, I'm just going with the current here

I remember when Pokemon episodes moved over to the WB. I didn't get the WB.

I hate the WB.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
TUROK said:
fakeleakslol.jpg

Lol.
Not that I believe the list, but that picture proves nothing, other than someone was able to copy the list from 4chan and paste it into Google Docs.

mj1108

rezuth said:
Not saying that these are true at all but honestly its not really "that far out there".

That's the crazy thing about these rumors is that yeah it's a fanboys wet dream, but at the same time it's not something that is so farfetched that everyone says "that's bullshit".

Guess we'll find out Tuesday.

midonnay said:
I'll wait for the black Current >_>

Would be funny if "Current" was the name because it wasn't underpowered.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Truth101 said:
From Cactus's post

From Konami's briefing.

E3-2011-Konami-teases-Contra-1070284.jpg
You're kidding... right?

Konami announces a new Contra game months ago and then makes a teaser using Contra's classic logo and that validates this list somehow?

Brera

Banned
This all seems far too good to be true.

It's basically a Nintendo fanboi wet dream. I want to believe. I believe!

All is forgiven Nintendo!

Beth Cyra

mj1108 said:
That's the crazy thing about these rumors is that yeah it's a fanboys wet dream, but at the same time it's not something that is so farfetched that everyone says "that's bullshit".

Guess we'll find out Tuesday.
Maybe thats why I can believe it, this is no where near one of my wet dreams.

More Crystal Chron instead of a proper FF, no real Zelda. A Metroid that doesn't focus on Samus, a bunch of ports.

It's true it has a few cool little bits, but overall I'm not seeing what is so great that it would push it to amazing or wet dream level stuff.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why would devs kits have LESS ram than the regular console?

farnham

Banned
Brera said:
This all seems far too good to be true.

It's basically a Nintendo fanboi wet dream. I want to believe. I believe!

All is forgiven Nintendo!
wut

if you ask me that is a nintendo fanbois nightmare

The System:

- Uses a custom IBM triple-core CPU running at 3.6GHz per core
- The development kit contains 1gb RAM, but Nintendo have hinted that the console will actually have 1.5gb
- Nintendo will be releasing games that will run 1080p natively. Sources say that with Nintendo’s art style and the poewer the system, the games look ‘stunning’.
- The system does run on AMD R700 card, but the architecture is slightly different and the clock speeds are much higher.
- The System resembles JPN/EU SNES machines in color only and not in shape
- The development kit is about the size of a 360, not the console

=> dont care the slightest

- Close sources say it’s as if Nintendo is in “damage control” with 3rd party developers. Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.

=> history has shown in general that the more nintendo cares about 3rd parties the more they will get burned afterwards. also not releasing big nintendo titles really helped the 3ds launch. its a bad strategy that does not work for nintendo because the systems dont sell with 3rd party software as nobody cares about 3rd party software on nintendo platforms and it also does not work for third parties as the system sales will be abysmal due to the lack of big nintendo titles in key periods (like the holiday season)

- Nintendo went to many 3rd party developers on guidance on what they were after with the new console in terms of system specs, controller and online system.

=> giving information to 3rd parties equals to giving information to the competitors. once again brilliant move if true

The Controller:

- Nintendo have been keeping this really quiet and have only given developers controller prototypes to start designing games. However, the final controller build with all the features have only been given to Nintendo 1st and 2nd party developers for now.
- Nintendo had planned on inserting a screen on the controller back when the Gamecube was in development, but opted out due to technology not being advanced enough to be functional
- The controller that’s been given to developers has a large 5.7inch hd (960x640pixel) screen, 2 analogue sticks, 4 face buttons, 3 middle buttons (select/home/start in that order), 2 shoulder buttons and 2 triggers.
- The triggers aren’t as deep as the 360’s triggers, but have plenty of push
- The big thing about the screen is that it’s a multi-touch screen, contains it’s own battery and is detachable from the controller unit
- The screen when detached contains its own memory so developers can store data on it, so gamers can play whatever the developer designs for the screen-only use
- When the screen is attached to the controller it works by streaming content directly from the console
- Nintendo are giving developers ideas other than just having it function as a quick menu screen for games while attached, or as a simple tamagochi-like mini-game when detached
- The controller contains a gyroscope, but motion controls isn’t the focus of the controller like it was for the Wii

=> WT... The sole reason why wii was this successful was the appeal of motion controls. they throw that overboard because some internet trolls call it waggle ? its a definite no buy for me if this rumor is true

Games:

- Nintendo will release a Mario platformer as a launch title which hasn’t been done since the N64.
- The Mario platformer looks to be the spiritual successor to Mario 64.
- Gamefreak and EAD are hard at work developing a Pokemon online RPG.
- The Pokemon RPG is not an MMO, but does have a large online emphasis and will be Nintendo’s flagship title when showing off the online capabilities of the console.
- There will be at least one new IP Nintendo will reveal at E3.
- Nintendo is working on a new Zelda, but didn’t reveal anything to developers.

Other:

- Some developers have had the Wii 2 dev kit for going on 2 years now. When the Wii 2 is released in late, that’s 3 years to develop games on.
- Because of such generous development time, Nintendo have pushed 3rd parties to develop high quality games to be released at or near launch.
- Nintendo have sourced an external company to develop their online network, which the developer has commented, surpasses both the PS3 and 360 in terms of speed and functionality.
- Nintendo is pushing for the console to be online 24/7 and have seamless online integration with many of their games
- Friend codes are confirmed to be gone
- Nintendo has been toying with the idea of a game where the main character is your Mii
- Nintendo will be pushing their Pokemon RPG to showcase their online network
- Rockstar are supposedly hard at work in bringing on of their “most popular” titles to the console.

Beth Cyra

Corky said:
It would not be the first time that origianl dev kits have less power then the final unit.

Things like that can change.

Remember how Micro doubled the ram in the Xbox 360 very late because of Epic's suggestion?

antonz

TruePrime said:
It would not be the first time that origianl dev kits have less power then the final unit.

Things like that can change.

Remember how Micro doubled the ram in the Xbox 360 very late because of Epic's suggestion?
3DS saw its ram increased late in the process too though I really dont expect anything from the bullet list to really be accurate besides maybe getting some generalized stuff close.

Dennis

Banned
The rumored hardware specs are better than what I expected (1.5GB RAM!) so I hope they are true.

Anyone expecting more is a fool.

midonnay said:
I'll wait for the black Current >_>

Red Current for me.

I still can't imagine that working as a name, I think it would be better as Currant so you can embrace the fruit puns instead of being bombarded with them. Either way people will start calling it the Cunt.

IrishNinja

TruePrime said:
It's true it has a few cool little bits, but overall I'm not seeing what is so great that it would push it to amazing or wet dream level stuff.

smash bros, pikmin etc are cool, 3rd party support is key, but i think the wet dream is more in the hardware talk - an aggressive push for real onilne and playing with friends, etc, lotta good stuff in there that id like to see.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
farnham said:
wut

if you ask me that is a nintendo fanbois nightmare
No, it's a Nintendo fanboy's wet dream.
It's a nightmare to the extremely strange subset of Nintendo fans like you and Sean Maelstrom.

Cipherr said:
I know the range is large in terms of what it could be within the archs mentioned, everyone knows that, but when you look at the full set of rumors, when you look at the freaking context, I think its ridiculous to assume that the IBM chip and the ATI chip are going to be absolutely bottom of the barrel like your assuming. This is a little ridiculous because we are talking about phantom hardware, but still. Whoever made it probably would have been more specific about the hardware when they pulled it out of their ass if they knew any better, and Ill bet it wouldn't have read "a slightly overclocked 360 variant" near the CPU line.

"A bit better than 360" is what practically all of the rumors have been saying. IBM tri core processor is also something featured in several other leaks. Is it just an OC'd 360 CPU? Is it an entirely different CPU that just happens to have 3 cores? Nobody mentioned. But saying "3.8 GHz IBM Tri Core CPU" is not, in fact, looking as crazy as you're making out, based on other information.

I would cream my pants if Nintendo went with something current, something beefier than these specs. But I'm not really expecting it.

Elixist

Graphics Horse said:
Red Current for me.

I still can't imagine that working as a name, I think it would be better as Currant so you can embrace the fruit puns instead of being bombarded with them. Either way people will start calling it the Cunt.

Wtf why would they call it the Cunt? made me lol tho, the Current sounds kinda cool idk

Beth Cyra

IrishNinja said:
smash bros, pikmin etc are cool, 3rd party support is key, but i think the wet dream is more in the hardware talk - an aggressive push for real onilne and playing with friends, etc, lotta good stuff in there that id like to see.
Thats the thing though, that is the most secure part of the whole thing.

Not that it's better then Xbox 360, but the attempt. We know that they are not doing it themselves and have contracted another company to do it.

The improved Online, or at least attempted improved online is weird to be the thing setting off the Wet dream/Alarms for people.

farnham

Banned
Krev said:
No, it's a Nintendo fanboy's wet dream.
It's a nightmare to the extremely strange subset of Nintendo fans like you and Sean Maelstrom.
sorry but i dont care to buy another gamecube

i liked it certainly

but if you ask me which one i liked more the wii or the gamecube ill always go with the wii

Gravijah

IrishNinja said:

I've been hearing "Nintendo - now with 3rd party!" for so long now. It doesn't even matter to me personally, I just want my Nintendo games.

Elixist said:
Wtf why would they call it the Cunt? made me lol tho, the Current sounds kinda cool idk

Because of the tendancy to abbreviate console names into 3 letters. If it ends up being CNT it's inevitable, but it might not be such a problem outside the UK.

Corky said:

The first dev kits went out with 1GB, then the developers requested more RAM, so Nintendo was planning to increase it for the next version of the kit and the final console. I mean the leak is fake, but that's not exactly hard to rationalize.

IrishNinja

Gravijah said:
I've been hearing "Nintendo - now with 3rd party!" for so long now. It doesn't even matter to me personally, I just want my Nintendo games.

i'm of two minds here.

on one hand, i see the moves theyve made with the 3DS and remember when everyone played for their team with the SNES, and would love to see this again...and so would they.

on the other: if this goes like it usually does, at worst, im hoping i get something like my gamecube - not a ton of 3rd party support, but some absolutely classics to accompany my 1st party stuff.

even being realistic here still puts them in a unique position for me, where if the price is fair (and it usually is, anyway), i can actually go in with them day 1 without much fear. i mean, fuck, they might've accidentally built the sturdiest system this gen too.

farnham

Banned
IrishNinja said:
i'm of two minds here.

on one hand, i see the moves theyve made with the 3DS and remember when everyone played for their team with the SNES, and would love to see this again...and so would they.

on the other: if this goes like it usually does, at worst, im hoping i get something like my gamecube - not a ton of 3rd party support, but some absolutely classics to accompany my 1st party stuff.

even being realistic here still puts them in a unique position for me, where if the price is fair (and it usually is, anyway), i can actually go in with them day 1 without much fear. i mean, fuck, they might've accidentally built the sturdiest system this gen too.
the wii still got better 3rd party support then the gamecube

and the first party games were much much better

going all out nintendo style is much better thent his "third parties we love you mantra"

look at 3ds and its botched launch

eXistor

I know I shouldn't get excited about 4-chan rumors, but hot DAMN if that stuff isn't mouth-watering! open world SMW3? Sign me up! That also suggests that a new Zelda game could have the same idea.

Honestly I'm not all that excited for Microsoft and Sony's E3 presence, but Nintendo is making me feel giddy like I did 20 years ago. Even if all this turns out to be bull.

IrishNinja

farnham said:
the wii still got better 3rd party support then the gamecube

and the first party games were much much better

the fist part is true, but if i had to put my favorite 3rd party titles from GC vs Wii, GC would win.

first party is a toss up sometimes. mario was way better on wii, zelda wins on GC, etc. lack of pikmin and a real addition to animal crossing (THATS RIGHT) didnt help for me this gen, but punch-out!! did.

Truth101

Banned
JJConrad said:
You're kidding... right?

Konami announces a new Contra game months ago and then makes a teaser using Contra's classic logo and that validates this list somehow?

Since when is 2 days ago months, and it hasn't even been officially announced this was just the teaser they showed after the pre-e3 briefing.

Gravijah

IrishNinja said:
the fist part is true, but if i had to put my favorite 3rd party titles from GC vs Wii, GC would win.

first party is a toss up sometimes. mario was way better on wii, zelda wins on GC, etc. lack of pikmin and a real addition to animal crossing (THATS RIGHT) didnt help for me this gen, but punch-out!! did.

Could SS be better than TP? We will have to wait and see!

farnham

Banned
IrishNinja said:

Wii did not have RE4 but Wii just had so much stuff thirdparty wise

IrishNinja said:

Mario is not even a contest as Mario Galaxy 1,2 and NSMBWii are all way better then Sunshine (and i love sunshine) Paper Mario 2 was better then SPM though

Zelda is not even out on Wii and if you directly compare Windwaker to Twilight Princess there is no contest TP is the better game (although thats on GC as well so the comparison should be Skyward Sword Vs. Windwaker) Brawl definately was much better then Meelee. Mario Kart Wii is leaps and bounds compared to Double Dash.

Animal Crossing GC was a direct port of the N64 version so City Folks actually was more of an addition then the GC game.

Lack of pikmin really makes me angry (starfox, fzero) but they had Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, wii Fit, Wii Music etc. which did not exist on the GC

IrishNinja

farnham said:
they had Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, wii Fit, Wii Music etc. which did not exist on the wii

that's deep, but i tend to agree.

id split hairs with some of your prior post, but its mostly decent, you just forgot stuff like Killer 7, REmake, Eternal Darkness etc

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
DennisK4 said:
The rumored hardware specs are better than what I expected (1.5GB RAM!) so I hope they are true.

Anyone expecting more is a fool.
But 2GB of RAM costs virtually nothing. It seems foolish to not have at least that.

Gravijah

IrishNinja said:
that's deep, but i tend to agree.

id split hairs with some of your prior post, but its mostly decent, you just forgot stuff like Killer 7, REmake, Eternal Darkness etc

how do you know what id thinks

Dance In My Blood said:
But 2GB of RAM costs virtually nothing. It seems foolish to not have at least that.

Many many people have explained why its completely unlikely to be more than 1 gig, and how the bulk economics of components play out. The 2gb cards you see in shops are not the same kinds of memory that Nintendo looks at. I of course hope you're right, but I think it will be 1gb maximum.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Here's a list all the games Cactus is claiming to have seen for the new system: (my comments are in these thingies)

Nintendo:
Mii Party
Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Endless Ocean
Pikmin
Kirby
Zelda Anniversary
Animal Crossing
Kid Icarus
Metroid Prime
Super Mario World 3
Donkey Kong Country (Kirby, Mario and DKC all around launch..really?)
bunch of download games and remasters
new IP RPG light hearted post-apoc ocean...(so Star Tropics)
new IP casual puzzle

Konami:
Metal Gear Girly (I'd assume the girl bit was just a crack at Raiden mean this is Rising)
Silent Hill Downpour
Castlevania
Snatchers
Gradius
Contra

Capcom:
"Super" Street Fighter 4
Dead Rising 2 (why?)
Resident Evil 5 or something
Street Fighter vs Tekken (maybe, but he can't tell the difference)

Namco:
Soul Calibur
Tekken
Ridge Racer

the rest: (grouped together because it's almost 4am.... I'm getting tired and I'm lazy)
Trauma Center
Grand Theft Auto (he saw that this is just an announcement in a montage video?)
Sonic PS3?
Suda game (he couldn't name the game but he identifies the creator from just a video?)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fallout
NBA Jam
Metal Saga
Persona/Devil Summoner
Armored Core/Front Mission
sports games
licensed crap
licensed crap including Spiderman
new IP Shooter
new IP Shooter
new IP JRPG
plus more!

We're to believe he saw nearly 50 different games for the system. I'm not buying it.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Truth101 said:
Since when is 2 days ago months, and it hasn't even been officially announced this was just the teaser they showed after the pre-e3 briefing.
Well sonabitch!! That makes today October 20th... the wait for E3 is going to be brutal.

AniHawk

JJConrad said:
We're to believe he saw nearly 50 different games for the system. I'm not buying it.

actually dead rising 2 appearing for no good reason is the one thing that makes that list look extremely credible.

Borman

Just on development units, prototypes of the 3ds (just to keep it recent, older systems had similar things) used classic controllers, were lacking cameras, and some other things.

JJConrad said:

You would also think he would know more about what the games were that were shown. For example him claiming that one sports game had flaming basketballs and he said "is that normal?" you would think someone who works at ESRB would know that game is NBA Jam. He played dumb on a lot of his game descriptions when, you would think, working at ESRB you would know a lot more about what looks like certain IP's when you see it.

perfectchaos007 said:
You would also think he would know more about what the games were that were shown. For example him claiming that one sports game had flaming basketballs and he said "is that normal?" you would think someone who works at ESRB would know that game is NBA Jam. He played dumb on a lot of his game descriptions when, you would think, working at ESRB you would know a lot more about what looks like certain IP's when you see it.

He could just be their window cleaner for all I know.

orioto

Good Art™
JJConrad said:

Well most of the third party game listed would be multi, so nothing too fantastic. I would hope for some exclusives.

ciD_Vain

If i'm going to be in school until 12PM on Tuesday, where's the best place to catch up on the info as quickly as possible? I don't want to miss out on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom