• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2018 PlaystationPlus line-up

FDC1

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/ps-plus-games-for-march-additional-service-changes/
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...s-for-march-are-bloodborne-and-ratchet-clank/

Bloodborne PS4
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Legend of Kay, PS3
Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

MAJOR CHANGE COMING:

We also have an important service update to share. Starting next year on 8th March 2019 , the PS Plus monthly games line-up will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles.

This won’t affect any games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to 8th March 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Best ever" as the news said? Eh, debatable.

Most interesting bit (for me):
We also have an important service update. Starting next year on March 8, 2019, the PS Plus monthly games lineup will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles

NovumAngel

Banned
If I didn't already have Bloodborne this would be a pretty cool month.

Edit: ah beaten
Also another important piece of info in both of those posts:
We also have an important service update to share. Starting next year on 8th March 2019, the PS Plus monthly games line-up will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles.

Last edited:
Great month, but the subtext of the service change is that we are getting a PS5 unveiling next March, for release in November 2019.

BTHR Zero X

I use the PS3, the Vita and the PS4, not just the PS4 my Money was for all 3 systems and the services they provide now I am just paying for one, that kinda decreases the Value for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I get it that the PS3 and PSVita are old news and that there aren't many new games being made for them and it totally makes sense to retire these from PS+ next year. However, I think we can all agree that we've been benefiting from the cross-buy nature of the titles for these older systems for a while now.

If PS+ is moving from 6 "free" games each month (where traditionally 4+ work on PS4) to only two "free" games total, this is a bad move and definitely decreases the value proposition when that happens. Doubly-so since Microsoft's Games with Gold program is giving out 4 games per month - all of which are playable on their modern hardware.

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

It had to happen sooner or later, but it better be one truly ballin' year for PS3 & Vita games.

I'm extra curious what next month'll be; a line-up this good seems like it could be there to balance out the "bad news" for everyone.

xviper

they weren't kidding when the said it's the best Month for PS Plus, Bloodborne AND Ratchet & clank, a masterpiece and a really amazing and underrated game

Vitacat

Well, I won't have to fetch my BB or R&C discs anymore. Pretty cool.

Question -- my saves will still work, right? Disc and DL versions use the same save data? (Please don't tell me otherwise!)

Last edited:
Well, I won't have to fetch my BB or R&C discs anymore. Pretty cool.

Question -- my saves will still work, right? Disc and DL versions use the same save data? (Please don't tell me otherwise!)

Your saves will work but you will have to re download the digital copies of the games

Why do people assume number of games will drop to two ?

Maybe they will go 2 PS4 games and 2 PSVR games each month ? Or PS5 will be out by then.

I've got Ratcher but Bloodborne is nice :)

Blam

Bloodborne PS4
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Legend of Kay, PS3
Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
This is the best ever?
Man sony you're a fucking joke. R&C Was okay, MN9? Really?

Bloodborne is something nearly everyone who wants to play it or had interest in it already has. Pulling bullshit out of the air Sony.

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
I get it that the PS3 and PSVita are old news and that there aren't many new games being made for them and it totally makes sense to retire these from PS+ next year. However, I think we can all agree that we've been benefiting from the cross-buy nature of the titles for these older systems for a while now.

If PS+ is moving from 6 "free" games each month (where traditionally 4+ work on PS4) to only two "free" games total, this is a bad move and definitely decreases the value proposition when that happens. Doubly-so since Microsoft's Games with Gold program is giving out 4 games per month - all of which are playable on their modern hardware.
Pretty much this, I'm pretty skeptical of this at the moment since they don't seem to have announced any sort of replacement for them. This stings more as well since the plus prices increased only a few months ago.

It's pretty lamentable to see people so quickly praising this decision when, at the moment they actually benefit from it, and we have no idea what they plan to do next (if anything).

jshackles

Why do people assume number of games will drop to two ?

Maybe they will go 2 PS4 games and 2 PSVR games each month ? Or PS5 will be out by then.

Because they currently only give 2 PS4 games per month now, and there was no follow-up in the announcement that indicated they were planning on doing otherwise.

For most people, giving out free PSVR games would be less useful than them giving out PS3 games. Even if the PS5 were stealth-released in the next year, it's not likely we would see "actual PS5" games on the service for a while yet especially if it's backwards compatible with digital PS4 games.

So I'm inclined to read between the lines here and think they're probably going to be giving out 2 PS4 games on the service every month starting next year, at least for a while.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Sony just won the Internet. Two great full AAA games.

This is the best ever?

Bloodborne is something nearly everyone already has. Pulling bullshit out of the air Sony.

Cry more. Everyone doesn't have these games. Even if 5m people owned BB, that leaves 65m or so that do not.

Last edited:

Malcolm9

This is the best ever?

Bloodborne is something nearly everyone already has. Pulling bullshit out of the air Sony.

Troll post?

Most gamers on forums like this will own most of the best games, there are plenty out there who don't though and this is fantastic for them. I'm happy that I can get rid of my disc versions.

Liquidator

Neo Member
Troll post?

Most gamers on forums like this will own most of the best games, there are plenty out there who don't though and this is fantastic for them. I'm happy that I can get rid of my disc versions.
You'd get rid of your physical copies for rental digital copies?

Ridcully

Free is the right price for Mighty No. 9. Shame about the PS3 / PSV news, though. I imagine less people are picking them up month to month, so they must feel it's safe to position themselves to drop support. I think the smarter move would be a fixed set of games like the old "instant game collection" idea, though.

NickFire

WOW!!! That is one hell of a PS4 lineup after being conditioned to expect mostly junk with an occasional gem sprinkled in. I get that it sucks when you bought a game that you can now get free, but that possibility has always been a possibility. For me personally, this is great. I've always wanted to try BB but never bought it because it seemed to be the type of game you can't finish without dedicating yourself to mastering it. Ive also thought about getting the kids RC but always passed because I wasn't sure they would play it much. Now can try both for free.

Regarding the dropping of PS3 a year from now, it makes perfect sense. They aren't screwing people out of access to prior "purchases" from what I can tell, and the system is old. And dropping PS3 games should open the budget for what games they give on PS4 and give people more big games.

decisions

Incredible, finally we get a great month. I've never played R&C and I have a Bloodborne playthrough waiting to be finished with a reignited playerbase!

hiphopcr

Great month, but the subtext of the service change is that we are getting a PS5 unveiling next March, for release in November 2019.
The subtext of the service change is that Playstation doesn't have backwards compatibility and releasing software for a 12 year old system makes no sense.

Now on XBox these releases can continue indefinitely.

jshackles

Personally the only game I don't already own is Bombing Busters, which looks like a Bomberman clone and might be kinda interesting.

Ratchet and Clank was my favorite of this bunch - really well executed and extremely polished action/platformer. Bloodborne was good but I'm not a huge fan of the Dark Souls genre - if you are and you haven't played it yet, I believe your'e in for a treat. Legend of Kay is pretty great although baffling that the game isn't cross-buy here since there's also a PS4 version (last year's Humble Playstation Bundle had both). Mighty No 9 is utter shit and honestly isn't worth the asking price here of free. Claire is cool and atmospheric but ultimately fell a bit short for me.

A pretty solid lineup all around, especially for those that don't have any or many of these games. A lot of these games have been super-duper cheap in the past, so it makes sense they'd move on to being in the PS+ library.

Last edited:

MrBenchmark

My PS3 drive is super full so I'm good. Vita don't care really I hope the PS4 offerings get increased. Maybe idk start releasing older PS1 and PS2 games..

At least I won't have to put BB or R&C disks in anymore. Stupid i have to re download them though. Thankfully I have 300 internet and no cap.

Last edited:

Venuspower

Awesome month eventhough I already own Ratchet and Clank.
I guess I will have a lot of fun with Bloodborne.
Will be interesting to see if we will see an overall improvement on PS+ titles when they remove PS3 and PSVita games.

Last edited:

Blam

Troll post?

Not a joke post. I don't see this being the best ever especially now since a rep just mentioned that they are only going to have 2 games per month not 4. So they'd need to do a lot better every month now.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062548/playstation-plus-ps3-vita-games-2019

Update: A representative for Sony told Polygon that after February 2019, the monthly PlayStation Plus lineups will consist only of two free PS4 games. We’ve edited the article to reflect this.

Fbh

Called Bloodborne in the speculation thread :D

Anyway, good month. I've had Bloodborne since launch but Ive been wanting to try the Ratched remake for a while .

Shame about the PS3 and Vita games next year. While I no longer own either of those system we still got ps4 cross buy titles every now and then

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This is the best ever?

Not a joke post. I don't see this being the best ever especially now since a rep just mentioned that they are only going to have 2 games per month not 4. So they'd need to do a lot better every month now.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062548/playstation-plus-ps3-vita-games-2019

So everyone has BB, but everyone is also playing a Vita and Ps3 still. I have all of these consoles and not touched a Vita or Ps3 Plus games for over a year. I'm sure Sony has similar data.

OH-MyCar

Update: A representative for Sony told Polygon that after February 2019, the monthly PlayStation Plus lineups will consist only of two free PS4 games. We’ve edited the article to reflect this.

695690_ps4_b.png
695690_ps4_b.png

Vitacat

I don't own the games so I am happy
You are in for a huge treat. BB and R&C are among the very best games on PS4. BB might seem crazy hard at first (well, it kinda is) but it's a game that takes some learning by the player before it clicks, then it's amazing.

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
[Update: A representative for Sony told Polygon that after February 2019, the monthly PlayStation Plus lineups will consist only of two free PS4 games. We’ve edited the article to reflect this

This is disappointing if correct. It cuts the value of PS+ dramatically for multiple platform owners. I suspect that few people who own a PS4 still play PS3 games, but the Vita stuff was of great use to me personally, when I may not have wanted to splash out loads of cash for a portable library, but got one as part of the deal. I'm not sure how they will be able to justify the same price for dramatically less content each month, regardless of who uses each component of that package. I don't think anyone can say having 4 games less each month is better for any reason, and so it seems the 'best month' could have been to soften this news, even though it is some time away.

The PS4 lineup is good this month for sure, but that news stands out more. Perhaps it will be of no consequence by that point - no new Vita / PS3 games being made or to add to the service. Perhaps even replaced by another consoles games? It will be interesting to see how Sony paints it.

Last edited:

NickFire

The subtext of the service change is that Playstation doesn't have backwards compatibility and releasing software for a 12 year old system makes no sense.

Now on XBox these releases can continue indefinitely.
I won't be surprised if the poster you responded to turns out to be accurate on their predicted timeline. But I absolutely agree with your premise that there is no reason to believe this is due to PS5 possibly launching soon. To the extent PS5 might play a role here, I think it would be Sony wanting to shift resources to make PS+ more attractive for people who stick to modern consoles, due to a worry that the next Xbox will have no subscription for online because MS is trying to intersect console and PC, with the hope of monopolizing both simultaneously.

Top Bottom