• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Thank you, friend.

*Offers handshake*

ltcOdYc.gif

orioto

Good Art™
How are they burying the feud jesus.... They just did a killer Highlight Reel... the week before Owens got a length pre match solo promo avec spotlight....They are not burying it.

Oh and by the way, between Fastlane and WM, let's check the evolution in RAW ok ?

_fastlane: Owens main event the ppv, lose the title etc
_Raw after that: Jericho and Owens opens RAW with long promos
_One week later: Jericho and Owens are in the middle of the show with a cross promo match, Owens has a promo before. Jericho has a backstage segment after
_This week: middle of the show, no match, long Jericho promo and beat down, only appearance in the 3 hours. Owens has a tepid promo for youtube (back to some month ago)

Worrying that the top full time male heel on Raw is underpushed when he's been champ for the last 6 months and will be the top full time champ in 2 weeks is dumb. Owens has held a title for the majority of his WWE run and is always heavily featured and promoted.

This isn't as bad as Sasha fans' hand-wringing following each PPV loss but it's close. Please be less alarmist.

I'm not saying Owens is buried. I'm saying the feud is buried for Mania cause they have too much and more important things.

This just makes me want to watch that excellent X-Files episode of the same name. You guys know the one. Well, maybe one of you do. If NeoGAF Vince McMahon were still alive, he'd know for sure. God rest his soul.

Ah the one with Ham Porter from Sandlot as a vampire

klonere

Banned
First few hours of Mafia 3 confirmed to be great. Yet to break out fully into the open world stuff, probably will tonight.

All that work with the accurate accents, looks, cultural ticks of New Orleans but the Irish car mechanic has a shitty movie Irish accent smdh

Oh and by the way, between Fastlane and WM, let's check the evolution in RAW ok ?

_fastlane: Owens main event the ppv, lose the title etc
_Raw after that: Jericho and Owens opens RAW with long promos
_One week later: Jericho and Owens are in the middle of the show with a cross promo match, Owens has a promo before. Jericho has a backstage segment after
_This week: middle of the show, no match, long Jericho promo and beat down, only appearance in the 3 hours. Owens has a tepid promo for youtube (back to some month ago)

Sounds solid to me...

Miz and Maryse were very entertaining in their segment.

Cena and his "shoot" promo on Talking Smack was horrendously boring. The opposite of the E in World Wrestling Entertainment.

Zach

First few hours of Mafia 3 confirmed to be great. Yet to break out fully into the open world stuff, probably will tonight.

All that work with the accurate accents, looks, cultural ticks of New Orleans but the Irish car mechanic has a shitty movie Irish accent smdh

Yeah, the beginning/story at the front end of the game is wonderful. I only Redboxed it for a day, though, so I haven't played much beyond the first few hours. My best friend Dato told me it becomes traaash, though, so I haven't gone back.

I play a few at once as long as they are not similar. Right now I am bouncing between Zelda and Mass Effect. Will finish up ME before playing P5. Stopped playing Horizon because Zelda just feels so much better.

As for Zelda, it is incredible. I really do think it is the best Zelda and open world game ever.

We're now married, you and I.

Zach

I'm going to mess up that picture soon, sorry. I'll let you know that I plan to replace my avatar with my GWF character in preparation for this weekend.

S6JMMH5.png

Reports indicate that Menome is in the doghouse and may not be featured at all in the tournament to crown new tag team champions. No word yet on who could replace him, but the internet is abuzz with talks of indie darling 31GhostsIV being secretly signed. These rumors are unsubstantiated as of press time.

More on this as it develops.

klonere

Banned
It's still the typical "we got new heel attitudes so we got a new look" thing. Even the announcers drive that point home. I haven't seen a real explanation for it beyond that.

They literally said that there old shtick was holding them down and they needed a new attitude and aggression to get back to their title winning ways

Like, that's a perfectly fine excuse for turning, not seeeeeinng the problem.

From OT1:

I was shocked last night, the Usos actually put on a good match with American Alpha. It wasn't AA vs The Revival, but it was damn good for either team.

I still hate the thug Uso style though.

Gross 'cism. Did you see them on the side of the road adjusting their antennae or something?

Good callback, I remember that thread. Self high-five yourself.

giphy.gif

There is no explanation for their change in style beyond "we're heels now, gotta look the part". I need substance in character changes beyond "we're heel now, we don't need the tribal look anymore".

Friend Kaladin, please think about your use of the word "thug", and consider maybe using words that are little less repugnant and racist.

TraBuch

Banned
Has anyone ever just ignored someone walking to the ring to distract him and immediately beat the guy he's wrestling?

Record low ratings in Mania season? Isn't that like, real fuckin bad?
These fuckers think they can just put anything on tv just because it's Mania season. Fuck that, that Raw was like some bullshit they'd use in a December throwaway episode. There was nothing worth watching except for maybe 2 segments. And fuck that joe sami match, idc but no one is watching raw for stellar matches.

klonere

Banned
Don't you know ratings don't matter any more.

Just look at how many Twitter followers Stephanie McMahon has!!

That's what brings the money in!

Like, I know we got a good Mick promo and moment out of all of that but is there a less appetizing setup to a show long story than "Steph belittles a near crippled man who can't afford a hip replacement".

What did I miss? Are Mondays and Tuesdays performing poorly?

Meltz said:
Last night's Raw broke the record for the lowest audience to watch the show since 1997 on a night when they weren't facing major sports competition or it being a major holiday, with 3.04 million viewers.

Fox318

Like, I know we got a good Mick promo and moment out of all of that but is there a less appetizing setup to a show long story than "Steph belittles a near crippled man who can't afford a hip replacement".

When she runs for President in 2024 that will be her healthcare pitch.

Fuck the crippled, I'm Stephanie McMahon.

jmdajr

According to BetWrestling.com, The UK betting site Paddy Power has a prop bet on if John Cena will propose to Nikki at Wrestlemania. The odds are strongly in favor of the proposal occurring during the event, and currently sit at 2/9. This means a $9 bet would win $2 and based on these odds has a 82% chance of occurring. Odds against the proposal are 11/4, so a $4 would win $11.

klonere

Banned
When she runs for President in 2024 that will be her healthcare pitch.

Fuck the crippled, I'm Stephanie McMahon.

Well that's the Republican party line, she fits in already.

According to BetWrestling.com, The UK betting site Paddy Power has a prop bet on if John Cena will propose to Nikki at Wrestlemania. The odds are strongly in favor of the proposal occurring during the event, and currently sit at 2/9. This means a $9 bet would win $2 and based on these odds has a 82% chance of occurring. Odds against the proposal are 11/4, so a $4 would win $11.

What are the odds of him getting on his knees, sweeping her feet and DELIVERING A DEVASTATING ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT

Tom Nook

HHH First Take segment from yesterday.

Good discussion than I expected.

Of course, HHH promotes mania and his match vs Rollins.

HHH mentions gathering talents from all over the world similar how NFL recruits players from College. Even try to recruits players who did not make to the NFL.

What he looks for in recruiting talent.

How WWE creates stars (Hogan, Cena, Rock) that are bigger than life and some go off to Hollywood. - He does not mention Bautista....

Admits Rock is a bigger star than himself, makes a small joke on his straight to DVD movies.

Zach

General_Lee_jumping_over_a_state_trooper_patrol_car.png

Kaladin's got himself into another heap o' trouble. Will he be able to wriggle outta danger this time?

[commercial break]

Goodness now they're betting on something like this? What's next? Upcoming feuds?

Top Bottom