• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mariah Carey is having a lip sync disaster on ABC right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksol

Reminds me of Tim Minchin taking a shot at her. He said, "if you're gonna lip sync, why would you do a Mariah Carey song? You can do anything. You could do something good."

Kayhan

S0g4PjT.gif

oh nooooooo

Dr.Acula

Banned
So the Dick Clark Memorial Rockin' Eve went to Lionel after midnight live in Vegas, and wow, he really looked and sounded great.

BFIB

Leave it to the millennial pop stars to purposely fuck up for attention Mariah. They do it way better.

AlexMogil

Her mic was working, couldn't she just....... sing the damn song?

For serious, not if her monitor wasn't working. She couldn't hear herself. I think that's why she left her earpiece out at the end.

Which also makes sense that her second song sounded ok since she was going to lip sync to it anyway.

This whole thing was a peek a little too far behind the curtain.

She wasn't going to sing her whisper register since those are piped in
She was only going to sing the first song
She can disappear

lenovox1

Holy shit!

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I would be mortified.

That was the funniest thing though. The dancers keep going while she's has no idea what the fuck she's doing.

I mean. They can't do anything. Everything is already blocked out. That performance has to go on whether she likes it or not. Whether they have her vocal track in or not. Whether she can hear herself or not. Whether she can sing or not.

For serious, not if her monitor wasn't working. She couldn't hear herself. I think that's why she left her earpiece out at the end.

Which also makes sense that her second song sounded ok since she was going to lip sync to it anyway.

The second song was just them playing her song in speaker, you could still hear her voice attempting to say random words

lenovox1

Oh that's sad then. I imagine she can at least still sing pretty well though. She was either too drunk or too embarrassed to try

"Emotions" is one of the most difficult songs in the world to sing. Which is why she had the track pre-recorded.

If she couldn't hear herself, there was no point to attempt those pitches.

For those wondering, here's what the song's SUPPOSED to sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJEFrth27Q

The song is probably one of the toughest songs for ANYONE to sing, so to lose your vocal track on this....well, we saw what happened.

I love Mariah, but this was just embarrassing and unacceptable.

Twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom