• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Gurrry

Just played an online match in a random community. How do you find the Gaf one? lol

But duders.. this online play is the shit!!! Seriously, this is some fine work.

Chairhome

Sorry if already answered, but how do I trigger another challenge? I failed two from Peach and it only gives me the option to practice when I go back

Jasconius

Main menu I think?

Im in the process of going online for the first time now. Its transferring some data.

My hands hurt from playing this game so much hahaa

Yeah it's from the Mario Golf mode or whatever not in the castle club. Choose vs. I'll jump on if people want to play~

Quote to reveal NeoGAF community code:

EDIT: Okay I'll go jump in
Sorry if already answered, but how do I trigger another challenge? I failed two from Peach and it only gives me the option to practice when I go back
Just go do other stuff and you'll get another challenge eventually, assuming you're talking about the Costume Challenges.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
screenshot_2014-05-03ofd2a.png

zlCfzR4m-9gjt2fNKN

zlCfzR4nCaYmJ0RqhZ

Jasconius

I'd play if you tell me how! :p

From the main menu, choose the big left option, Mario Golf. Then choose Vs. Then choose community match. Choose Code Search, then input the code for the NeoGAF community, which can be revealed by quoting this post. It will be in the field that says email="xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx".

Shoot, lost the other player when I went out to check what the buttons were called. ~.~

Edit: Want to play with just 2 or wait to see if anyone else joins?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
From the main menu, choose the big left option, Mario Golf. Then choose Vs. Then choose community match. Choose Code Search, then input the code for the NeoGAF community, which can be revealed by quoting this post. It will be in the field that says email="xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx".

I am in :p

Q: How do you beat the Sky Island Speed Golf challenge?

A: Get a Hole-In-One on the second hole. This shaves off about 10 seconds.

Or you can just be very, very quick, but that HIO, which involved the ball going directly into the hole without any rolling, helped out a lot. ^_^

In Mario Golf mode's challenges you'll unlocked 4 characters and 5 more courses, in addition to Peach Gardens, which you start out with.

In Castle Club you also have to unlock Sky Island still.

Gurrry

What am I missing here?

The online play seems to be a great deal of fun if you havent messed with it yet. And from what Ive been able to tell, it seems like there are alot of challenge courses spread throughout the game as well.

Plus all of the animal crossing style stuff you can do with your gear. Unlocking and using it online is pretty cool!

The online play seems to be a great deal of fun if you havent messed with it yet. And from what Ive been able to tell, it seems like there are alot of challenge courses spread throughout the game as well.

Plus all of the animal crossing style stuff you can do with your gear. Unlocking and using it online is pretty cool!

I don't really care for online play. Is the only way to upgrade my player is to get access to better clubs? How does that happen? Just keep playing and eventually they show up in the shop?

Is there any way that I can access DLC through Castle Club? There's not much to that mode if it's just 3 courses, the 9-hole challenges, and the training modes.

Jasconius

Haha good game guys! I saw some really close shots on some of those approaches lol

Have 3 now if anyone else wants in, will wait a couple minutes before starting :)

I don't really care for online play. Is the only way to upgrade my player is to get access to better clubs? How does that happen? Just keep playing and eventually they show up in the shop?

The different pieces of equipment that you unlock each time that you play will give you different benefits. It seems to unlock something random each time you play certain things like 9 holes of golf in most modes, etc.

Velcro Fly

My clutch rating on putts is amazing. Miss and lose? No sweat. Sink to win? Consider it done. CPU making a run on the back 9? Let's drill this 40 foot eagle putt.

Salsa

How do you get the coin (second one) in the Mountain Course? It's hovering in the air surrounded by pillars.

coin challenges tend to be related to the item that's available

in that case, the whirlwind thing lets you grab coins even if you're above them

so you can grab that item, use it, and make your shot go above the coin; it'll grab it anyway

Soul Beat

This game's way too addictive! I've given up on getting anywhere near the top on GAF's tournament though. You guys are too good. D:

So how do I go about unlocking new characters?

Loco4Coco

coin challenges tend to be related to the item that's available

in that case, the whirlwind thing lets you grab coins even if you're above them

so you can grab that item, use it, and make your shot go above the coin; it'll grab it anyway

LOL, and here I was thinking I have to get a ricochet shot or something.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I hit a -14 for the GAF tournament earlier. The top of the leaderboard is definitely out of reach. I'm pretty sure I could possibly catch Evil Mario for top Canadian if I managed to string together a good run. That's only a minimum of 3 eagles to tie his -21.

Jasconius

...What am I doing.

Like why is my timing so bad? ><;

The pressure! haha~

Sweet spot is underrated imo ;)

I like how if somebody else gets a chip-in Eagle the game acts like it's no big deal and just moves on. lol

This is what I was saying earlier :lol

Edit: Woo I haven't played this course yet~
I would love for there to be replays if certain conditions were met or something even if you had the option to skip them!

Gurrry

When i goto community list, i get to the part where it says recruiting party members... but then nothing ever happens.

Is that just because there is no one else searching atm?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How do you unlock the Secret Characters? I know through Challenge Mode, but what specifically? Hope it's not too hard...I want Kamek.

Today I did my first match against another player, Yoshi. Totally kicked my ass. I can do everything except Putting, that always gets me. It never goes in. :(

Anyway, this game sort of weirds me out with the Castle Club using standard Mario Enemies. The GBC game used cartoony humans, which worked better. It's weird seeing all these mooks talking so sophisticated about golf in-between working for Bowser and getting killed by Mario. It makes me wish you could use the enemies as caddies during each session and have them give you hints, would be a cute 'flavor' feature.

Nothing like reading a really long putt correctly and then having it jump over the middle of the hole because you added way too much power. XD

Top Bottom