• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 64 on VC Next week, and Q1 Release info

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Wowowwiwowe.

Beyond the current library of 34 new Wii titles, the schedule for upcoming Wii
releases includes:

Feb. 14 Wii Play with Wii Remote Nintendo
March 27 Disney's Meet the Robinsons Buena Vista
March Bust-A-Move Bash Majesco
March Prince of Persia Rival Swords Ubisoft
March TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Ubisoft
March Bionicle Heroes Eidos
March Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft
Q1 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 EA
Q1 SSX Blur EA
Q1 The Godfather Blackhand Edition EA
Q1 Medal of Honor Vanguard EA
Q1 Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega

But new titles don't begin to describe the array of game action available on Wii.
With yesterday's Virtual Console release of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
from the NES(R), the library of downloadable Wii titles grows to 42. Also, next
week will see the addition of an all-time favorite, Mario Kart 64. Nintendo will
continue to make weekly announcements to update Wii owners about upcoming releases.
Source: PR Newswire

PkunkFury

This should be interesting, seeing if the frame rate smooths out and the multiplayer sound issues are taken care of through the emulator

rkenshin

farnham said:
great.. but i dont care once again .. cuz i have the n64 version.. whats the Q1 release list like..?

I have the n64 version, but it's tucked away with my system in my storage closet on top of my PS1, DC, PS2 and XBox

farnham

Banned
Feb. 14 Wii Play with Wii Remote Nintendo .. already have

March TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Ubisoft... will get this probably..

Q1 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 EA... might get this
Q1 SSX Blur EA.. must buy
Q1 The Godfather Blackhand Edition EA... probably a getter
Q1 Medal of Honor Vanguard EA... dont care
Q1 Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega... must buy

koam

What a dissappointing thread title, i thought it was the VC Q1 lienup, the real Wii Q1 lineup hasbeen known for a while now.

farnham

Banned
rkenshin said:
I have the n64 version, but it's tucked away with my system in my storage closet on top of my PS1, DC, PS2 and XBox

okay... whats your point..?

will you get it or will you stick with your N64 version?

Link

The Autumn Wind
With yesterday's Virtual Console release of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
from the NES(R)
Who writes these things?

EDIT -
ralph said:
Wow, Q1 looks pitiful for all the Nintendo fans. Good thing I don't own a Wii.:D
And whoever unbanned you so quickly is equally dumb.

sphinx

the piano man
Feb. 14 Wii Play with Wii Remote Nintendo
March 27 Disney's Meet the Robinsons Buena Vista
March Bust-A-Move Bash Majesco
March Prince of Persia Rival Swords Ubisoft
March TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Ubisoft
March Bionicle Heroes Eidos
March Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft
Q1 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 EA
Q1 SSX Blur EA
Q1 The Godfather Blackhand Edition EA
Q1 Medal of Honor Vanguard EA
Q1 Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega

It feels like in a desert trying to get the smallest drop of water from a puddle, only to find out there is nothing....

fresquito

PkunkFury said:
This should be interesting, seeing if the frame rate smooths out and the multiplayer sound issues are taken care of through the emulator
Yeah, it will be of great interest for other titles to come. I'd like to see how DK jungle works in four screen multiplayer.

Gigglepoo

Tieno said:
Now if only they'd update this game to have online multiplayer...Lazy Nintendo

Meh, they're saving that for the only real console Mario Kart - SMK. Why waste online multiplayer on a game that's 50% luck?

Gigglepoo said:
Meh, they're saving that for the only real console Mario Kart - SMK. Why waste online multiplayer on a game that's 50% luck?
Do you really think that's what Nintendo would consider if they ever had to decide which MK will be online?

rkenshin

farnham said:
okay... whats your point..?

will you get it or will you stick with your N64 version?

I'll get it only if my friends wants to play it since I'm only interested in this game for the multiplayer (singleplayer sucks due to rubberband cheating)

Muppet345

Tieno said:
I probably wouldn't buy it if they shoehorned in a laggy online multiplayer mode. They'd obviously jack up the price to a premium.

dyls

Tieno said:

yeah, then they could take a year and a half to release it like MS. Seriously, given how long it seems to take to get old games up and running well online for the 360, I'm a little glad Nintendo isn't following suit.

Mifune

Mehmber
Looking at that release list makes me happy I can't find a Wii yet. Zelda and Wario and Elebits will at least come closer to tiding me over until something else comes out.

What happened to Cooking Mama?

MoxManiac

Link said:
Who writes these things?

EDIT - And whoever unbanned you so quickly is equally dumb.

It is pretty barren, though. I really hope Super Paper Mario really does hit in april so I can justify a Wii. I want one, but it would be so impractical to me right now.

Mario Kart 64 is great news, though! That'll be one of my first VC titles.

jmdajr

my gf just got a wii...
I wonder what game she will like next.

so far she loves wario smooth moves!

I wonder if she would like raving rabbits, excite truck, or super monkey ball.
You know, some good pick up and play games.

wiiplay, mario party, and super paper mario might also be good down the line.....

I like Mario Kart 64 better than Super Mario Kart. What's the problem with that? They're both fun, I just liked the controls better on 64 version.

Top Bottom