• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

correojon

How do you guys hold the controller? Up until now I was pressing A with the middle part of my thumb, that way the controller rests perfectly in my hand and I can use the tip of the thumb to press X if I ever need to look back. However in 200cc you need to use the B button as well, and it´s not very comfortable reaching it with this grip...I use the Pro controller mostly and can´t fin a good way of reaching B without releasing A.

Yesterday something weird happened to me in a WW race: I ended second, but when the results came up the guy in 4th appeared in 1st place and all the rest got taken down a place (so the game said I was 3rd instead of 2nd). I watched the replay and there´s no way it could´ve been due to lag, the guy wasn´t very good and was at the tail group for all the race, bumping into walls 2 or 3 times each lap. What´s more, in the final turns the first 4 of us bumped into each other a lot (and I mean, a lot)while in antigrav and as a result we all got boosts while this guy was following us from a distance on his own with no star, mushrooms or anything to catch up. I even saw him in the replay crossing the line 5th but the game placed him 1st. Has this ever happened to you?

Exentryk

Lol, Justice. What were you doing in Cheese land? XD
Anyway, GGs.

Also, I don't know about this combo. It's pleasant to drive, but the handling isn't worth the speed loss imo. I can manage the handling with braking mostly.

Roo

Yesterday something weird happened to me in a WW race: I ended second, but when the results came up the guy in 4th appeared in 1st place and all the rest got taken down a place (so the game said I was 3rd instead of 2nd). I watched the replay and there´s no way it could´ve been due to lag, the guy wasn´t very good and was at the tail group for all the race, bumping into walls 2 or 3 times each lap. What´s more, in the final turns the first 4 of us bumped into each other a lot (and I mean, a lot)while in antigrav and as a result we all got boosts while this guy was following us from a distance on his own with no star, mushrooms or anything to catch up. I even saw him in the replay crossing the line 5th but the game placed him 1st. Has this ever happened to you?

Yeah, it happened to us last week.
We were racing on Neo Bowser City, there was some lag that race but the end was WTF worthy.
I was in first, Andy in 2nd and ffdgh in 3rd.
We all crossed the line without problem until the results screen appeared... ffdgh got first, I got 2nd and Andy 3rd.
We don't know how that happened as ffdgh was far behind us and I crossed the finish line before Andy could even reach the gliding section.

There's a gif of it somewhere in this thread. Hopefully they can post it again.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Also, I don't know about this combo. It's pleasant to drive, but the handling isn't worth the speed loss imo. I can manage the handling with braking mostly.

Yeah, I figured that out when I used FemVillager against you, then switched to Bowser and was suddenly able to keep up better. At least to a certain extent, speed is more important than handling with inside drift. Not sure if outside drift is the same.

Exentryk

Yeah, I figured that out when I used FemVillager against you, then switched to Bowser and was suddenly able to keep up better. At least to a certain extent, speed is more important than handling with inside drift. Not sure if outside drift is the same.

Yeah. I am actually quite comfortable with my current setup, so might just stick to this one.

With outside drift, I consistently got 1:20-ish with both Yoshi and Dry Bowser on MKS, a track without any turns sharp enough to mandate braking. And I felt that my lines with DB were notably better than my lines with Yoshi, probably because I did Yoshi's runs first.

Didn't test inside drift but I feel that going heavy does actually help with inside drift.

Just got all the Mario Kart 8 DLC at once. Holy shit, its like a new game. Well it kind of is the equivalent of one with 16 new tracks, 6 new characters, and 200cc. Damn 200cc is hard. The tracks are crazy gorgeous.

Enforced

HIt roo with the triple shells (0:12) So satisfying hitting him. :D
Also I slow him down again at the end with the single red shell and made him went last place. but the MKTV doesn't show it. You guys better thank me. So..
bqlrIlN.gif

Roo

Do you guys think 200cc will be a thing for future games? As in.. a new standard next to 150cc, Mirror, etc.

This time was added as a free patch but I wonder if they'll include it at launch for future games.
I think the general opinion of it is pretty much positive so I think we might be facing a new standard for Mario Kart.

We know the tracks weren't designed with this speed in mind but maybe they'll be from now on.

Top Bottom