• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX gets first update in North America, Europe

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
http://arcadeheroes.com/2015/07/01/...saeurope-version-gets-its-first-major-update/

Namco charges arcades $50 per month to operate the latest Mario Kart Arcade, which was released last summer. That money goes toward development of yearly updates that will be pushed out to the cabinets through the Internet for five years. The first update was apparently released outside Japan about a week ago:
I work at an FEC (Main Event in Alpharetta GA) and our MK AC GP DX just got updated to version 1.04 EX yesterday. The update added most of the things Japan got last year: Metal Mario, Rosalina, mirror modes of all tracks, a new title screen, what seems like new vehicles and power ups, and improved drifting mechanics.

The drifting can now give you a boost at the end much like the console MK games. There are 3 levels of boost depending on how long your drift lasts. IMO this addition makes the game feel way more like a “real” Mario Kart game.

mUBsvcp.png

I just played this game at Dave & Buster's a couple weeks ago ... guess I'll have to go back to try out the new stuff! I like that they added drift boosts, that's definitely a Mario Kart thing that should be in there. When I played it, it basically felt like Daytona with weapons (not a bad thing, but still).

Top Bottom