• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Maker [Wii U] is real, folks.

ChrisD

I think the saddest thing to take from this is that it's releasing in 2015. It's a Level Editor, not a new take on an IP, lol.

Was also sort of hoping for Super Mario World tilesets.

Will probably buy it regardless. >_>

Grok4Spock

Every platformer with a level editor is now officially a LBP knock-off, since Sony invented video games in 1994/95... Smh

IrishNinja

i don't usually know about user created content stuff (LBP had some gems amongst a mess of tripe) but i love the Mario Paint stuff about in this one, will keep an eye on it!

Savitar

Reminded me of Mario Paint if it had been designed to do this.

Loved the castle block preventing Mario from entering the castle, had a good laugh for that.

Platy

Crow eaten

O4iTUiE.png

Not only the Title screen is a copy of Mario Paint ... but i has the same Control+Z Dog !

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No SMW tileset is really disappointing, honestly. Will be exciting to see what the Automatic Mario community does with this though.

I'm so glad that this is real. I can't wait to see what the community comes up with. There is going to be some wicked Mario platforming from all this!

zma1013

I want to mix tile set styles as well as have the effects as well. I want to put a trampoline from SMB1 on top of a music block from SMB3.

jman2050

I wonder what this is, i hope its something you can turn on that shows what Mario's max jump will be for each section. Thatd be super useful

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. It's something that I always notice to be missing in these type of toolsets so it'd be a complete life saver if that were the case.

Crom

Only 30 years too late. :D

Seriously this is a feature I would have loved as a kid. Now... eh, not so much. I'm sure we'll see lots of crazy fan-made levels and stuff but I can't bring myself to care.

It's funny because we were talking about this just a few months ago:

Looks like they proved me wrong.

The fan made levels is the selling point to me. I don't want ot make my own but I will play the hell out of the fan made ones.

Elija2

I noticed that for a split second they showed something that looks like the fly-swatting mini-game from Mario Paint.

My main problem with the idea is SMB is not a very complex game. You are not going to be making that big of levels. Now if it was SMB3 for the Retro game, then I would be all up on it. If it is 15 bucks, I will still probably get it.

JP

Have they said anything about this actually coming with "new" levels or will it just be the maker tool set with maybe some older levels included? I so hope that it's a new game too.

Can you make your own soundtracks using their instrument sets?

Also will there be dlc where the smb 2, smb3 smw, and yoshis island assets can be purchased down the road? Or will they be included. What about something weird like adding zelda or donkeykong assets?

Someone PLEASE tell me there's more than 14 total assets to use in this game (that's including blocks and enemies).

If the top row of assets is seriously all you can use this'll be the biggest disappointment/missed opportunity of E3.

If Nintendo goes all out and includes as much as possible from the Mario series (specifically, all the assets from Mario 3), this'll be the greatest thing announced at E3.

f@luS

More than a member.
I dont think its about âge. But Working people have Time to spend on game like these ?
Never tried custom lbp or minecraft style of game. I dont have enough Time ... And im not Working that much

Will it be an app (Free) or a full game ?

I dont think its about âge. But Working people have Time to spend on game like these ?
Never tried custom lbp or minecraft style of game. I dont have enough Time ... And im not Working that much

Will it be an app (Free) or a full game ?

I work a full time job and yet I still love these kinds of games. I just let people who are more creative and/or have more time than me create awesome things and I mess around in them.

Great idea and glad this is real, but I hope there are more tile sets (SMB3, SMW) and customization options (drawing tools, scaling/rotation, etc.) than what's shown here.

But Working people have Time to spend on game like these ?

Decoding post: "How long will it take to make a level?"

If it is like Megaman Powered Up, you can make a level in 30 minutes. It is a simple drag and drop system. Still, as someone else pointed out, I hope you are not limited to just Koopa, Goomba, Piranha, and Hammer Bro. That would be lame.

Top Bottom