• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle E3 2017 Trailer and Gameplay video

ViolentP

Certainly looks interesting. Can I see some game play though? What the hell do you do in this game? Is it some kind of strategy game?

Also Aug 29th release is pretty damn soon.

I was surprised to hear it was in development for 3 years. And yeah, it seems akin to Xcom, a grid based strategy game.

Gambit

Ok I was not entirely against this when it leaked but I definitely didn't expect it to be such a definite day 1 purchase!

Wow. What an excellent surprise

illusionary

Excellent news here!

Capture.png

Zedark

I will dare say.... this looks more fun than Odyssey..

not sure how/why
Don't quite agree, but man, does it look fun!

Also, LKD redeemed, had both name and Kirkhope as composer correct, as wellende as a few gameplay details IIRC.

laoni

I've never been the biggest fan of Mario, or Rabbids, but, I love me some XCOM.

I...I kinda really want this

Palehorse

This is the highlight of E3 so far for me.

I know that Sony and Nintendo have yet to go, but this is so unexpected, and looks delightful, funny and fun.

I'm in.

Copper

Looks awesome. And so soon August 29th. One of the best surprises I've seen all E3 you could tell the audience was actually genuinely excited.

Shahadan

Only thing I wasn't crazy about was controlling the Roomba instead of Mario.

That's not so much a problem in itself but it looked like you're basically going on a linear path between battles. Shame.

I know, kids, casuals, etc but still. I also expect the game to be really easy which is not a good thing in this kind of games. Maybe they cna make up for it with fun situations and battles

GDGF

Soothsayer
Kind of funny that all the third party Switch games people thought would be half-assed and terrible turned out pretty awesome.

Can't wait to play!

Yogg

It looks great. I have no idea why all comments are like "x-com clone!!!". It's like tactical RPG == X-Com. Come on, the genre is larger than that. Yeah it has guns too, that's it. The rest looks pretty different (and great).

seady

This actually look pretty great. Glad they are doing something different and not cloning Mario platformer (because that won't succeed).

TheJoRu

You could tell on the director's face during the conference that "passion project" might not be so off for this one. Must be riveting for the Ubisoft devs and for Grant Kirkhope to get to work on Mario.

Top Bottom