• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle E3 2017 Trailer and Gameplay video

Shit...shit. this gives credence to that one 4chan rumor leaker. The one with Sin and Punishment. He said you wouldn't directly control Mario, but a little rabbit UFO thingie. That sure looked like a UFO leading them. Shit. That rumor sucked for what Nintendo was going to show...

That was leaked well before that recent 4chan leak.

It looks great. I have no idea why all comments are like "x-com clone!!!". It's like tactical RPG == X-Com. Come on, the genre is larger than that. Yeah it has guns too, that's it. The rest looks pretty different (and great).

X-COM clone is a compliment as far as I'm concerned. And that's just the core of the gameplay. It's cleared they've added a ton of Mario-ness to the formula.

I'm in for this, first traditionally-single player AAA game from Ubisoft since, what, Rayman Legends?

The strategy gameplay looked novel with a cool emphasis on cover, destructible blocks and character positioning, so I'm in for that. But games like this simply don't come along very often, the production values are outrageous for an SRPG.

Mushroom Kingdom + Snowdrop engine really sings, wasn't expecting it to look this good. Sure, some of the models are a bit low-poly in places but that's the only thing that really stuck out to me as awkward.

Neiteio

The director in the audience looked emotional. Seems like a passion project — if nothing else a huge honor to work with Mario IP. And it's a huge gamble in terms of fan reception, one he's been working on for three years. Must be incredible to have Miyamoto introducing your work.

Rodin

That looked amazing.

Excellent news here!

Capture.png
HOLY DAY ONE

low-G

First Switch exclusive I've been at all interested in. Looks great. I love turn based strategy.

This looks 90% XCom with a dash of Disgaea.

Whales

Banned
It actually looks fun

People still talking shit after that trailer were never going to be convinced anyways... And that's a shame

L Thammy

I do think that leak is real, but it seemed okay to me.

I don't think any of the leaks were real. This is all an elaborate ruse so that we didn't realize that this was actually Mario Vs. X-COM. We won't realize until Luigi is murdered and zombified by a Chryssalid.

muteki

That's not so much a problem in itself but it looked like you're basically going on a linear path between battles. Shame.

I know, kids, casuals, etc but still. I also expect the game to be really easy which is not a good thing in this kind of games. Maybe they cna make up for it with fun situations and battles
Even if it is a linear path, it is a 3d world you can look around in. Most SRPGs have you selecting your battles from a 2d map or a list in a menu. This is much better.

Shit...shit. this gives credence to that one 4chan rumor leaker. The one with Sin and Punishment. He said you wouldn't directly control Mario, but a little rabbit UFO thingie. That sure looked like a UFO leading them. Shit. That rumor sucked for what Nintendo was going to show...

We've known about this aspect of the game for months.

We've also known Kirkhope was composing since LKD leaked it in January, so it's weird to see so many acting surprised at that. Guess that rumor was never very widespread.

The real surprise is how DAMN GOOD this game looks.

Opa-Pa

This reminds me of a Universal movie trailer lol.

Legitimately relieved that this means Nintendo probably won't spend too much time on this in tomorrow's Direct.

hitgirl

Is this a switch exclusive? This + an animal crossing announcement would make me buy a switch. Can't believe I'm even saying that...

Top Bottom