• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is Switch's best-selling non-Nintendo game

sinonobu

Banned
Mamma mia! Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is now the best-selling third-party game on Nintendo Switch.

That's according to physical sales tracked from North American and Australian numbers company NPD as well as UK company Chart-Track GFK.

It's not too surprising - there haven't been too many non-Nintendo physical releases which have stuck around in the chart, although Super Bomberman R, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Lego City Worlds have all made their mark.

And that's not to say Mario Rabbids hasn't outsold at least one of Nintendo's own games, which include 1-2 Switch and ARMS, as well as the console's biggest launches Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2.

In a sign of Nintendo's confidence in the game, the company has picked up the launch for publishing itself in Japan and South Korea.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tle-is-switchs-best-selling-non-nintendo-game

Maximo

Fuck it make a MOBA with Nintendo characters go wild Nintendo, good to see Rabbids sold well need more interesting ideas like it.

Not surprising. Mario + game has great graphics + game looks really fun. Also one of the few big single player campaigns for the Switch.

Ubisoft is having a great year for sales. ACO is going to do really well too.

So over 500k then? Do we have more recent Bomberman figures? Or is this just talking about US numbers?

Very curious to see official Nintendo numbers next month.

Coming from EA: Mario & Madden Turducken Tumble

I would play the hell out of that. And I haven't played a Madden since Madden '95.

NeatoKuni

Lots of people probably wouldn’t had known it wasn’t Nintendo because of the characters in it but it’s nicr to hear it’s doing well. It looks super cute and from what I hear it deserves it.

A Mario/Rabbids crossover game exists.

And it's a strategy game.

And it sold well.

And I'm actually happy it's a thing that exists and I'm happy it sold well.

I love you, 2017.

Mory Dunz

Well, it depends on how much they sold through of Bomberman, since this is the NPD/GFK end and not the publisher end announcing.

It's likely between Bomberman and Street fighter.

Wasn't street fighter at 450k WW with only like 50k or less coming from Japan?

Then you have Bomberman which passed 500k WW forever ago.

Can we safely say Mario + Rabbids has passed....I dunno, 250-300k in the west so far?

Now Ubisoft knows that if they'll be disappointed with M+R sales of any future project (like Assassin's Creed or Beyond Good and Evil 2), they don't even have to start porting to 'test it out'.

conpfreak

Sure it's near 1 million sold and more than one million shipped. Skyrim should pass it this fall though.

I know it has Mario, but that's crazy for the type of game it is. It's a freaking XCOM-type strategy game on a system with only a few million units out there.

Wonder how many people like me bought a copy and haven't started yet, haha. Looking forward to starting the game. Hope it's fun.

Yes.

So...?
So it's pretty bizarre to hear a game that stars Mario compared to third party games not headlined by Nintendo mascots?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
j1vzHQz.gif

Deku89

And this is without Japan (wonder how it's going to do there). It'll be interesting to see the numbers. Great game.

Busaiku

And that's not to say Mario Rabbids hasn't outsold at least one of Nintendo's own games, which include 1-2 Switch and ARMS, as well as the console's biggest launches Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2.
Can someone help me understand this.

I'm thoroughly impressed that a strategy game sold so well. Even though I love the genre, I had thought it was slightly niche. I wonder if this could convince Square to get off their asses and make another Final Fantasy Tactics (Advance?) game.

Top Bottom