• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle review thread

Kaze Kyou

The solid reviews has piqued my interest. Originally it was going to be a pass for me, but now it's a "hmm..".

I feel this is a game Nintendo need to release a demo of. It's what sold me on ARMS - if sales are struggling they should do the same with Mario + Rabbids.

jariw

This selling good must be SUPER important for Switch third party support since it's a AAA third party exclusive.
It's been a long time i cared about how much a game sells.
BTW i'm loving this, game is fun, hillarious and charming.

Selling well can mean different things:
1. Selling a lots of copies
2. Giving lots of money back to the game creators

IMO, in terms of bringing Ubisoft profits, the really smart thing with this game is the download size. It's really really small game size for such a fleshed out game, meaning that some players (like myself) got it digitally instead of physically - meaning that Ubisoft will get much more revenue from the copy.

I feel this is a game Nintendo need to release a demo of. It's what sold me on ARMS - if sales are struggling they should do the same with Mario + Rabbids.

Except by all accounts from developers a demo is both a waste of resources and typically of detriment to sales. There's a reason they died out.

The solid reviews has piqued my interest. Originally it was going to be a pass for me, but now it's a "hmm..".

I'm guessing it will sell good. It should do a million without too much trouble. Especially with the good reviews.

I think it will be interesting to see if Ubisoft discounts it like they do most of their releases a few months after release, or if they will follow what Nintendo does normally and keep it near full price for a long time.

Orta

Banned
Just seen this pre-owned in a local store for €15. Worth it for somebody who has never played a turn based game before? Though I really like the look of it.

I'm assuming its nowhere near as complex as a hardcore strategy/tactics title?

Ballthyrm

Just seen this pre-owned in a local store for €15. Worth it for somebody who has never played a turn based game before? Though I really like the look of it.

You would be surprised, the later leves are quite challenging, especially if you want to finish with 3 stars in each.

It is definitively worth the price IMHO. Great game and great addition to the genre, very fast paced and dynamic, much more than XCOM.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

I enjoyed the shit out of it. Very accessible even if you don’t have experience with turn based strategy. Also one of the most charming games I’ve ever played. Also the music is phenomenal.

Just buy it.

I thought it was worth the $60

Top Bottom