• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle review thread

Neiteio

Does this hit the eShop at midnight EST/ 11pm CST? I'm not as used to Nintendo and Tuesday game release dates
So here's how they're going to determine the release time

The fine folk at Ubisoft Milan will scatter Post-Its with different times written on them across the office floor. One might say 3 a.m. EST, another might say 3:30 a.m. EST, etc.

Then, someone will say something nice to Davide Soliani. As he sheds beautiful tears of joy, the others will watch to see where the droplets fall.

Each Post-It that is stained by a tear will be removed from the pool, until only one Post-It remains. That Post-It will be the time.

It's all quite simple, really.

MrKeinov

Not half bad, I'm impressed. Most Ubi games of last couple of years have trouble passing the 80 mark. Already picked up and waiting my copy to arrive, cant wait to give it a try. The commercial success of this project will likely encourage other western developers to develop fresh games like this for Nintendo too. If ARMS did 1.5M+, if bomberman did 500k+, this one deserves at least 2M.

Megatron

Not half bad, I'm impressed. Most Ubi games of last couple of years have trouble passing the 80 mark. Already picked up and waiting my copy to arrive, cant wait to give it a try. The commercial success of this project will likely encourage other western developers to develop fresh games like this for Nintendo too. If ARMS did 1.5M+, if bomberman did 500k+, this one deserves at least 2M.

I hope so. Show game companies they need to put their games on Switch. I'm picking mine up tomorrow and taking it to Pax.

GulAtiCa

Still on the fence about my purchase of this game. I beat Zelda BOTW then sold my Switch, Mario Kart 8 came out and I bought another switch to end up giving it away to a friends kid that really wanted it. Here I am again with a 3rd switch sitting sealed on a table at home in appreciation of this game. I'm sick
Uhhh.

Well, Nintendo thanks you for your money!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Still on the fence about my purchase of this game. I beat Zelda BOTW then sold my Switch, Mario Kart 8 came out and I bought another switch to end up giving it away to a friends kid that really wanted it. Here I am again with a 3rd switch sitting sealed on a table at home in appreciation of this game. I'm sick

A fool and his gold are soon parted.

Kebiinu

Banned

Sick in the head. Stop wasting your money, Lmao.

Machina

Banned

What the hell is wrong with you?

BFIB

Taking the Switch to a whole new level.

VeeP

I don't know if I should buy this game digitally, or physically :(, or if I should wait until November/December/Holidays when it's around $40 to buy it or buy it now :(.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This is incredibly positive for the Switch and I really hope it means future Ubisoft titles will be just as zany and out there. Pushing the standards of video gaming is a must to keep things interesting, and this succeeding will hopefully showcase that even more.

Downloading right now!! Europe Eshop here.

Excited!

PP7OnA8.jpg

So bizarre. I have no clue why people sell systems after playing a single game. Like, you bought the system, there's going to be more than one game coming...

I love rich people's problems.

I could see this happen once maybe. 3 times? Lol hopefully you keep this one or whatever works :)

Just saw a news report on the game by an Italian news channel (RAI 1 I believe), Apparently a lot of the people who worked on the game are young Italians, and ubisoft is looking into making more games here.

you need to stop

Cyanity

Banned

This is insane

vaderise

This selling good must be SUPER important for Switch third party support since it's a AAA third party exclusive.
It's been a long time i cared about how much a game sells.
BTW i'm loving this, game is fun, hillarious and charming.

It's Tuesday and my game still hasn't shipped from Best Buy...I'm so mad right now because I preordered it last week and idk wth is going on.

ghibli99

Nekketsu Kõha;247275292 said:
I could see this happen once maybe. 3 times? Lol hopefully you keep this one or whatever works :)
I actually did this back in the N64 days. The system had some long dry spells, but it was over the course of a few years. Import > original solid gray > translucent gray.

I actually did this back in the N64 days. The system had some long dry spells, but it was over the course of a few years. Import > original solid gray > translucent gray.

I'm not gonna hide my sins anymore either.

I bought PlayStation 2, 4/5 times.

But yeah it was over many years.

One thing that makes me really excited about this game reviewing well and then selling well is that it might encourage devs to start making console strategy games again.

One thing that makes me really excited about this game reviewing well and then selling well is that it might encourage devs to start making console strategy games again.

I want to see some RTS games on the Switch. You can use the touch screen in portable mode, or use the pointer/motion controls when docked.

Erekiddo

I totally thought I had this preordered from Amazon and apparently I didn't. I didn't know it was out today.

Missed the 20% Prime savings via pre-ordering from Amazon. I hate that they changed their policy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This selling good must be SUPER important for Switch third party support since it's a AAA third party exclusive.
It's been a long time i cared about how much a game sells.
BTW i'm loving this, game is fun, hillarious and charming.

I bet it sells well. I bought my copy today and literally as I was walking out another guy came in and asked the clerk if they had it

epmode

Played this for an hour or two. I still can't believe that Nintendo gave permission for Ubisoft to make a Mario themed XCOM clone of all things, and that it's actually GOOD. The movement system with the springboarding and the attacking-by-bumping-into-shit is easily my favorite mechanical bit so far.

I only wish we could have four party members instead of three but I guess that could significantly change the game design.

tmespe

So many fantastic details in this game. Love how the plants move with the rhythm of the music. Movement feels really good as well. This game is using snowdrop engine, right? Hope to see more Ubisoft games using the engine on the switch

I'll take it if you want to give it away again lol

VeeP

Hoping it sells decently.
Ubisoft exclusives on Nintendo consoles have always been interesting... but they never seem to sell. I don't think we've had one as good as this game though, maybe barring Red Steel 2.

I think it'll sell very well.

1.) People are craving a meaty single player game. We had BotW and then..? Mario Kart, Splatoon, Arms, etc are very much multiplayer focused.

2.) Switch is pretty hot atm, it's selling well and so is the software

3.) it launched at a great time. Holiday season coming up, and it launched right before it. So a lot of people will buy it now and people will buy it as a present later on.

I expect it to do over a million easy tbh. We'll see how it goes tho.

Top Bottom