• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle review thread

jts

...hate me...
cnheBa8.png

Reckheim

Great scores, too bad destiny 2 is coming out soon, will probably end up getting it during winter. Looking forward to it.

Looks exactly what I expected. In the Final Predictions thread I predicted an 85 metacritic. It may drop a bit lower overall but I think it's in line with what most people expected.

Rosur2a

Nice scores kinda was expecting 8/ 9's. Would of been getting day 1 if i didn't have too much else to play atm, gonna pick up later in the year thinking it will be a great Christmas game to play on my switch (though damn Nintendo games not dropping in price).

An Ubisoft+Rabbids with the same MC score as a Naughty Dogs game (expansion)... Nobody could predict that a few months ago... Nobody.

Aaron D.

I can think of maybe 4 or 5 games* tops that make me wish I owned a current-gen console.

This is one of them.

Enjoy 'dem Rabbids, folks!

* Ironically, this is only one of two exclusives. The rest are sports games (lol).
EA's Madden, PGA Tour Golf, and Sony's MLB: The Show.

????

Videogames review scales are 7=bad, 8=decent,9=good,10=goty

????

An 85 average is different from just getting 85 from one site. Also, this generation the scoring from sites has gotten generally tougher,so I'd say any game that gets around 85 average is more than just good, it's getting close to excellent, whereas >= 90 is an excellent game without much discussion.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow...some great scores - i mean we knew that it looked good but good to see that the quality is up there.

SilentRob

Really surprised by this. I found it to be a fun, albeit very formulaic and overly simplified imitation of far better games. Without much of the metagame and customizing options of games like XCom Rabbids gives you very few options to actually strategize and feel much progress. The fights after 15 hours feel almost exactly like the fights after 4 hours. Same goes for the overworld - run in straight lines and solve crate puzzles. So, so many crate puzzles. It just does very little to surprise you after the Tutorial stages.

I found it to be entertaining for a few hours but way too empty and simplified to hold my attention for long.

Top Bottom