• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario VS Donkey Kong GBA Remake Announced | Nintendo Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member
md1-1694713953851.jpeg

Nintendo has revealed a remake of the original Mario VS Donkey Kong game that originally released on Game Boy Advance.

Revealed during today's Nintendo Direct, Mario VS Donkey Kong is coming to Nintendo Switch on February 16, 2024. This version of the game is adding local co-op, as we saw Mario and Toad working together to gather the key and reach the goal.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I somehow didn’t notice this was a remake of the GBA game. I guess that’s fine since it’s been like 10,000 years since I’ve played it.

Robb

Gold Member
The original is actually a pretty great title and this looks very nice. But it’s not really the DK announcement I was hoping for..

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Meh… I don’t know.. I may be out of the loop, but I don’t think this was as big of deal as Nintendo may have thought?

Meh… I don’t know.. I may be out of the loop, but I don’t think this was as big of deal as Nintendo may have thought?
This would have been a bigger deal if they had packaged all of the MvDK games together in one remade super game called 'Super Mario vs Donkey Kong'. I was waiting to hear the announcer say that this contains all 200+ levels of the franchise. I'm kind of indifferent on it now because it's just the original with better graphics for a full price purchase.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I do wish Nintendo experimented with art styles in Mario games like they used to do, and they still do with Zelda.

The Mario titles just feel so blend, even Wonder could've gone for a more zany approach.

blacktout

I still consider 50 to 70 to be within the range of full price. This is how I personally see it:

50-70 = Full Price
20-40 = Budget Price
1-20 = Sale Price or bite-sized game

Unfortunately, I think $50 is the new $40 now that games that would have traditionally been $60 are $70, so $50 is now budget pricing in the eyes of publishers, even if it seems like bullshit to us.

That said, I feel like even $40 would have been pushing it for this game, and normally I'm a sucker for Nintendo's smaller projects.

Unfortunately, I think $50 is the new $40 now that games that would have traditionally been $60 are $70, so $50 is now budget pricing in the eyes of publishers, even if it seems like bullshit to us.

That said, I feel like even $40 would have been pushing it for this game, and normally I'm a sucker for Nintendo's smaller projects.
Honestly I wouldn't care as much if Nintendo games did the same as other games and dropped in price exponentially months after release. The problem is that they don't. It's why their recent announcement of tons of mario remakes and projects isn't quite doing it for me, because I know they'll all be priced between 50-70. I'm waiting for the next big thing instead. Whether that be a new 3D Mario, Zelda, or whatever Metroid Prime 4 will be, that's more likely to entice me on a full price purchase.

Dream-Knife

Banned

"Handheld" games should still be $30 IMO. That's still the realm of Indies.

$40 3ds games are a bit different since they were going for full 3d, basically PS2 era games.
$30 was GBC/GBA realm.

Last edited:
The lack of any innovation from Nintendo these days is pathetic. What a joke of a company they are now.
I am pretty sure all the innovative stuff are being saved for the Switch 2. The Switch already had plenty innovation at the start of launch and we'll beyond that. So not sure what you are talking about.

Mato

Would it kill them to make a new game with new levels? It's probably just an extra 3 people working a dank room somewhere.

What about $45 though 🤔🤔🤔
Anything between 40-50 depends on the individual. One person can see 45 as an AAA game on a discount, and another person can see 45 as a budget game asking for a little extra on release.

It's easier to make a hard line for 50 and up or 40 and below.

Top Bottom