• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny Reveals Sony's Low-Latency Game Streaming Solution, Outperforms PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTK

Banned
I'm not certain if the following point has been discussed on GAF, perhaps within one of those lengthy threads. Nonetheless, I find it particularly intriguing as we often discuss the infancy of Cloud-Gaming and its drawbacks, suggesting it still has a long way to go. Recently, the CMA decision has revealed several fascinating details that caught my attention. One in particular stood out: the possibility of lower-latency game streaming, surpassing the experience of playing the game locally on a PlayStation 5. This technology has been pursued for over a decade, and I'm now curious to see if it's finally achievable? I'm curious what graphical quality and resolution is achieved with this low-latency.

MODS DELETE IF THIS HAS BEEN REPEATED ELSEWHERE.

lbNx6g7.png

Source: Ethan (Senior Reporter at Kotaku)

Twitter Thread w/ Additional Interesting CMA Info

Cerny didn't say that, that tweet is wrong! Most likely it was someone from Nvidia with regards to Geforce Now and their latest RTX 4000 series GPUs and tech.

HTK

Banned
Let's scratch that:

Despite if Sony or Nvidia said it, it seems like it was used as evidence in the CMA so there is a possibility of the tech. I find that crazy feat if it's true that would be amazing not to be bound by hardware however there are other issues, people that don't have access to internet. Or them controlling at what resolution or FPS you play your games at, but for normal joe schmo let's be honest who outnumber us per say this is a godsend if true. "IF TRUE".

feynoob

Banned
Let's scratch that:

Despite if Sony or Nvidia said it, it seems like it was used as evidence in the CMA so there is a possibility of the tech. I find that crazy feat if it's true that would be amazing not to be bound by hardware however there are other issues, people that don't have access to internet. Or them controlling at what resolution or FPS you play your games at, but for normal joe schmo let's be honest who outnumber us per say this is a godsend if true. "IF TRUE".
If it was outperforming their console, Sony would have been over this and advertise their cloud network.

Three

This is obviously nvidia but in an online game a cloud game could have similar or better latency since your moves are being relayed to the host machine with latency anyway, just hidden with all sorts of interpolation/extrapolation.

HTK

Banned
If it was outperforming their console, Sony would have been over this and advertise their cloud network.

I think you're over simplifying it a bit. There is the fact that they sell hardware and physical disks (traditional means of business) at the moment. This is something that slowly needs to transition, you gotta build a proper infrastructure to really be able to scale up etc... etc... It's not as simple as this tech is amazing flip the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom