• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Dacascos will be KUNG LAO in MK Legacy Season 2!

GrayFoxPL

Facebook snip:

iy2PGcJj0kEHE.jpg

Facebook.

Soooo gooood!

Endo Punk

Mark Dacascos is so awesome! Everyone watch Crying Freeman live action, Drive 1998 and Brotherhood of the Wolf now!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I like Dacascos. Always liked him (yes, even in Double Dragon. the movie itself is another story)

Mark Dacascos is so awesome! Everyone watch Crying Freeman live action, Drive 1998 and Brotherhood of the Wolf now!

That's a good point. He is awesome in Crying Freeman.

fernoca

Nice! I remember hearing his name during the 90s for one of the MK movies to play Kung Lao too. Just a rumor, but was always interesting to hear things.

The only "thing" is that Kung Lao is supposed to be in his late 20s in the cannon of the game (around same age as Liu Kang and Liu's 21). But this is Kevin's vision; so hopefully will be good...plus Mark can act AND fight.

Wonder how's Kevin alternating this and the full movie; as that's one also supposed to be filmed next year. Wonder if the series will have any ties to the movie; since all actors seemed qutie excited at the idea of making a movie.

Endo Punk

Another good watch is Sabotage :D

Cary is returning as Shang Tsung :O Hype overload!!!!

Now all we need is Chris Lambert to reprise Raiden.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't know this guy but Kung Lao is one of my favorite MK characters.

can someone please give some youtube links or something to get to know this dacascos guy and learn why it's good news that he will play kung lao?

Khezu

Only bad news is Casper Van Starship Trooper is Johnny Cage, dude in season 1 did a good job, wish he would have returned.

I didn't really care for the first "season" but that fake trailer that came out a while before looked promising. It wasn't done by the same people was it?

DieH@rd

Banned
Mark Dacoscas and Cary Tagawa? This is going to be awesome.

Also according to PR Johnny Cage will be played by
Starship-Troopers---rico.jpg

I didn't really care for the first "season" but that fake trailer that came out a while before looked promising. It wasn't done by the same people was it?
Yes same director, but that was a vision for a full movie. WB is currently preparing that but who knows when will it get green light.

Cardon

Only bad news is Casper Van Starship Trooper is Johnny Cage, dude in season 1 did a good job, wish he would have returned.

Surprisingly the actor, Matt Mullins, wanted to return but had to audition once again and was subsequently asked not to return. I spoke to Matt last week about the matter so you can check out my interview for the full details.

fernoca

Interesting..
Brian Tee as Liu Kang...
BdiaP.jpg

Johnny Cage was recasted and will be played by Casper Van Dien.
npMUY.jpg

Haryy Shum Jr. (from Glee) will play the younger Sub-Zero (on set):
0eQTP.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Official PR for Season 2 is out now

Best news, Cary Tagawa will be reprising the role of Shang Tsung for the first time since the first movie.

PhtIn.jpg

HYPE

Holy Shit! Only Shang Tsung can play Shang Tsung!

"Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2" features stars from television and film - many of whom have real-world martial arts experience. The cast includes Harry Shum, Jr. ("Glee") as the warlord adviser "Kuai Liang," Casper Van Dien ("Starship Troopers") as martial arts film actor "Johnny Cage," Brian Tee ("The Wolverine") as Shaolin Monk "Liu Kang," Mark Dacascos ("Cradle 2 the Grave ") as "Kung Lao" - a close friend of "Liu Kang," Ian Anthony Dale (“Hawaii Five-O”) returns as the resurrected ninja “Scorpion,” and reprising his role he made famous in the "Mortal Kombat" theatrical release - Cary Tagawa as the powerful, arrogant sorcerer "Shang Tsung."

Who? What?

Ian Anthony Dale as Scorpion again. Hmm.... That's either good or bad, not sure.

I don't know this guy but Kung Lao is one of my favorite MK characters.

can someone please give some youtube links or something to get to know this dacascos guy and learn why it's good news that he will play kung lao?

How's living under a rock?

You couldn't go to youtube and type in his name yourself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUe0NgU4Oc

from Drive.

GrayFoxPL

Yes same director, but that was a vision for a full movie. WB is currently preparing that but who knows when will it get green light.

There was lot's of confusion about this. It was a vision but not for a whole movie. It was a director's stunt to get noticed and be hired by WB. It worked.
At that time many gaffers insisted on believing that stuff he done for WB will be like the trailer. I called bullshit saying it will never be the same and WB wont allow for wild alternate reality mk, so the story will stay within canon. I bet everyone on that. Lol.

The movie was greenlighted and most likely will be continuation of the web series.

Seriously forget that trailer, it was wild bull.

WB probably mixing things. :p
Kuai Liang is the younger Sub-Zero, but that bit of info seems to have been mixed with the Han Dinasty bit of Chinese history.

Yeah, that read weird.

iH9fRJV7TpmtR.jpg

Johnny Cage is not looking too hot these days.

Why are they doing a second season? I thought a movie was confirmed? And it had some retarded story line of a grocery bag boy getting dimensional powers and joining the Mortal Kombat tournament.

Glad to see so many recognizing the greatness of the original (and still best) Drive. Was afraid I just liked it because I was a dumb kid at the time, but rewatching it recently, it does genuinely kick ass. One of those movies that's just fun as hell.

KissVibes

Banned
Mark Dacascos fucking sucks. Terrible actor.

And the MK web videos sucked too. Can't believe WB actually wants to continue them and possibly do an entire move that'll bomb.

Khezu

The best thing about the original short was that Scorpion was the main protagonist, well not a huge fan of him, anyone is better then Liu Kang, the games keep killing him off for a reason.

Top Bottom