• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marty O'Donnell sues Bungie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already posted. Please close. :(

"Former Halo music composer Marty O’Donnell has filed a lawsuit against game maker Bungie and its chief executive, Harold Ryan, for failing to pay him for unpaid vacation time, paid time off, and other benefits.

The lawsuit gives a a small window into the happenings at a major game maker, which created the Halo series of video games and is now working on the online shooter game Destiny for Activision.

O’Donnell was fired on April 11 as audio director at Bellevue, Wash.-based Bungie “without cause,” according to the lawsuit. He was hired in May 2000 and produced the pulse-pounding music that helped make Halo a runaway hit. Over its lifetime of sales, Halo has grossed an estimated $3.4 billion, according to the lawsuit, which was filed in Superior Court in King County in Washington.

O’Donnell said in the filing that Bungie and Ryan gave no explanation for the firing. The suit notes that Bungie has a policy to pay employees accrued but unused vacation, paid time off, sabbatical time, and other benefits. Ryan and Bungie reportedly promised to pay."

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/06/f...ungie-for-failing-to-pay-for-unpaid-benefits/

Faith

Activision has no control over Bungie and we still don't know the details of his firing.
No control? Is that a joke? They are investing 500 million, they decide even when and how long everybody is allowed to go to the toilet.

Have they released a game after activision ?
I'm not talking about the games, I'm talking about their philosophy. Marty worked for 14 years there and got kicked for no reason.

AHA-Lambda

Bungie turned into shit since Activision is their boss.

Activision is just the publisher they don't own the IP nor do they own Bungie. Bungie probably have a lot of autonomy in this relationship a la Blizzard.

However, with that said, I'd Bungie turned to shit once they got their heads up their arse and got really egotistical over Destiny.

No control? Is that a joke? They are investing 500 million, they decide even when and how long everybody is allowed to go to the toilet.

I'm not talking about the games, I'm talking about their philosophy. Marty worked for 14 years there and got kicked for no reason.

No one is sacrosanct really. You don't know the details we will find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom