• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel/ABC developing 'Jessica Jones-esque' show

Link.

An unspecified "Jessica Jones-esque" television series is in development at Marvel Television for ABC, according to Marvel Senior VP of Original Programming, Karim Zreik. Zreik revealed that while speaking at the Edinburgh TV Festival on Thursday.

Netflix's Jessica Jones was originally an ABC show - back in 2010, showrunner Melissa Rosenberg developed the show for ABC's 2011-2012 TV season but the network passed on the project.

Zreik also said that Marvel Television wants to produce a comedy show, specifically referencing the successful Guardians of the Galaxy movie as a guide.

"It took us time to dip our foot in the comedy pool," said Zreik.

The seemingly comedic New Warriors is already in development at Freeform for a 2018 debut, and back in January 2016 then-ABC President Paul Lee said that a unspecified Marvel comedy was in development.

THR said that Marvel Television has 14 TV shows currently, but don't specify which ones they classify as theirs. Marvel Television in-house has 11 live action shows (Defenders, Inhumans, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Punisher, Runaways, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, New Warriors, Cloak & Dagger), five animated series (Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon & Groot), and is also co-producing 20th Century Fox's Legion, The Gifted, and animated Deadpool as well as Disney XD's Big Hero 6.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
She-Hulk: Attorney at Brawl

Platy

"Zreik also said that Marvel Television wants to produce a comedy show"

...they know they have a Squirrel Girl on the line, right ?

I'd watch a Shondaland style Rom-Com that stars Thanos as he tries to balance his job as a private detective with being a single father in 90's Portland.

PixelatedBookake

Can they even make a She-Hulk show due to the Universal rights? I would love to see one tho and patiently await her appearance on the big screen.

ABC is more family-oriented, correct? No R-rated stuff?
So... She-Hulk seems likely, unless the Universal deal complicates things somehow. I know they have the distribution rights for Hulk movies but I have no idea if they have any say on a tv adaptation.

Hellcat could work too but she's already on Netflix.

Misha

Banned
I don't see how She-Hulk is like Jessica Jones aside from the fact that they are both women?

the current Hulk run(called hulk but starring she-hulk) is within a similar ballpark to jessica jones. shes very stressed out and has trouble controlling her hulk form so she just stays as Jennifer Walters all the time and focuses on her lawyer stuff

Penguin

Hmm does Marvel/ABC have a great track record with these projects?

Both what has and hasn't hit the air?

I feel like Damage Control, most Wanted and the Ridley show never made it far.

So we shall see if this is made.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Brawl

They need to get Matt Groening to produce it
hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom