• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel/ABC developing 'Jessica Jones-esque' show

jph139

Hmm does Marvel/ABC have a great track record with these projects?

Both what has and hasn't hit the air?

I feel like Damage Control, most Wanted and the Ridley show never made it far.

So we shall see if this is made.

Isn't the Ridley show still in development? I feel like we hear something about it every few months.

I know Damage Control was officially canned and Most Wanted never made it past the pilot.

She-Hulk has possible issues with rights with Universal, but so does Spiderwoman (who should be with Marvel, but was rumored to be part of one of the Sony spin-offs back before the deal with Marvel).

Also, with how separate they're currently keeping TV and movies, I highly, highly doubt that any movie character would get their own TV show.

Spider-Gwen show. Do it. Do it noooowwww.

That, without question, would be a Sony thing.

LiK

I enjoyed JJ a lot. My only gripes were too many gratuitous sex scenes that lasted way too long, the dumb shit twin neighbors who added nothing but shitty tryhard comic relief and the character
Simpson
who was unnecessary after a few episodes. Everything else was really good.

Rvaan

Banned
She-Hulk has possible issues with rights with Universal, but so does Spiderwoman (who should be with Marvel, but was rumored to be part of one of the Sony spin-offs back before the deal with Marvel).

Also, with how separate they're currently keeping TV and movies, I highly, highly doubt that any movie character would get their own TV show.

So we aren't going to see Detective Howard the Duck? Damn it.

Mudcrab

It's happening

BwplAllCUAAhSTm.jpg

Vic_Viper

She Hulk please!

If it was animated it would have been Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, but theres no way they can afford to do that live action lol.

Penguin

Isn't the Ridley show still in development? I feel like we hear something about it every few months.

I know Damage Control was officially canned and Most Wanted never made it past the pilot.

Oh I don't know

I feel like we've been hearing about it for years

And if not moving forward just assumed been mothballed for now.

Uh, sure. Agent Carter was good, AoS is at times great. ABC has a decent track record. I actually expected them to spin off Damage Control from Homecoming. Guess not after they saw Powerless.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Brawl

Came here to post this. It's way past time for her to get into the MCU, outside of Nova she's perhaps the biggest omission.

I wonder if they'd have it so that she'd look like She-Hulk all the time or just change into her when she's mad.

The nice thing about She-Hulk is that she doesn't have a completely outlandish physique, so it should be relatively easy to find someone to play her, and the makeup isn't all that difficult.

LordRaptor

The easy solution is "Oh, something happens in the pilot where we spend all our CGI moneys that depowers her and she has to be Jen Walters until its fixed"

I think Sony has Spider-Man live action rights, regardless of whether it's TV or movies. Just like Fox has live-action X-Men rights on both fronts.

Fox's TV rights for X-Men were always separate from their movie rights. Originally Marvel retained all TV rights as well.

Based on the documents from the Mutant X lawsuit, there was a "freeze" clause in Fox's original contract with Marvel for the film rights that forbid Marvel from creating any live-action X-Men shows without Fox's consent (which was Fox's grounds for suing Marvel back then). Obviously that's been changed with the new X-Men shows but it's very much possible that Sony has the same clause on their Spider-Man contract as well - so while Marvel may have the TV rights, Sony has veto power.

(though we also know that Sony used to own the cartoon TV rights which were sold back to Marvel at some point - so it's possible that this is not the case as well)

Top Bottom