• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox pushes back release date for Fantastic Four from Spring 2015 to June 19th, 2015.

What's the deadline for Fox to release a FF film before the rights revert to Marvel/Disney?

It only needs to be in production. If I remember right, they have 7 years between films (from release to production) which would mean they need to be filming before the end of next year (Rise of the Silver Surfer was released in 2007).

EDIT: Actually I think it needs to be filming by June of next year since Rise was released in June.

Please let it hit some kind of snag and have Fox lose the rights. Please.

TDLink

Fox pushes back release date for Fantastic Four from Spring 2015 to June 19th, 2015.

What's the deadline for Fox to release a FF film before the rights revert to Marvel/Disney?

It only needs to be in production. If I remember right, they have 7 years between films (from release to production) which would mean they need to be filming before the end of next year (Rise of the Silver Surfer was released in 2007).

EDIT: Actually I think it needs to be filming by June of next year since Rise was released in June.

Please let it hit some kind of snag and have Fox lose the rights. Please.

The deadline is next October (2014). They have to have it in production by then. This delay is because the movie is still completely going nowhere right now. The script is still being written/re-written and there has not even been any casting done.

Basically right now the movie doesn't even exist. FOX just needs it to exist so it has a release date. Hopefully its non-existence continues for the next 10-11 months. That's a long time though unfortunately for them to get their act together...but we can still hope.

Unless GotG bombs in the box office I don't see how we won't get a Nova movie. It was meant to be

I can't wait personally. I love Nova and GotG equally much. Getting both on the big screen is going to be amazing.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I wish they'd just let the F4 rights go. This is one property I'd love to see in the hands of Marvel again. As much as I'd love Spidey and the X-Men to go back to them too, I'm sort of fine with where they're at for the time being.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I would love to see FF introduced to the MCU as the Future Foundation, of which the core 4 team members happen to operate as adventurers on the side.

Maybe hit the ground running rather than spend a whole movie on just their origin story. Have it that the crew had already gotten cosmic ray'd a few years ago in a secret space flight and establishing the Future Foundation is their way of going public now that people like Stark are operating in the open as super heroes.

Unless GotG bombs in the box office I don't see how we won't get a Nova movie. It was meant to be

Based on the designs/footage we've seen for GotG, it seems quite possible that the Novas in the MCU are just mundane, non-superheroic, militarized space cops. Well, as mundane as space cops can be, anyway. If so, that wouldn't bode well for a Nova solo film.

duckroll

Based on the designs/footage we've seen for GotG, it seems quite possible that the Novas in the MCU are just mundane, non-superheroic, militarized space cops. Well, as mundane as space cops can be, anyway. If so, that wouldn't bode well for a Nova solo film.

I'm fairly sure I read that James Gunn confirmed that the Nova Corps in GotG will have ranks and follow the same basic hierarchy as the comics. They're probably just introducing the organization as it exists in the universe in GotG, but that wouldn't mean they can't do a Nova movie down the line showcasing the Nova Prime.

TDLink

We haven't seen Nova Prime yet.

I want Steve Franks to get a TV program since Psych's ending, but I dunno if he'd fit any of them. All I know is Psych has been awesome for a long time, and has a tone that would fit the MCU.

Rouse

I have no idea about Ant - Man, never even come across a comic when I was younger, but that test footage looks AWESOME!

Having read about his 'powers' I always wondered how it would translate, but that was just ace! That suit is quite funky as well!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Old news, but Marvel officially confirms Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen as Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch.

529374a0b6ab0.jpg

J10

Banned
And the Watcher got sick from drinking soda tainted with Banner's blood. Funnily enough, that was the only time Stan's appearance in a Marvel movie was directly tied to a plot point, and Watchers are usually not allowed to have any role in any plot.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
And the Watcher got sick from drinking soda tainted with Banner's blood. Funnily enough, that was the only time Stan's appearance in a Marvel movie was directly tied to a plot point, and Watchers are usually not allowed to have any role in any plot.

yeah but they do ..well Uatu definitely crosses the line from time to time.

anaron

richiek

New Captain America: The Winter Soldier stickers, featuring Cap, Winter Soldier, Black Widow & Falcon:

6iqn.png

noah111

Still Alive
I know this is old but I think they finally nailed Caps helmet. The lack of ears and weird jawline (overl-exposed neck) is what ruined it the first time, as well as the texture. Will have no problem seeing this in A2:

Captain-America-2.jpg

You know what, I'll take it.

This is pretty confusing. As children of Magneto how will they fit in here without them eluding to them being mutants? Just random freak-of-nature super-people?

Also wondering how Avengers 2 is going to be able to balance all these new characters.

richiek

This is pretty confusing. As children of Magneto how will they fit in here without them eluding to them being mutants? Just random freak-of-nature super-people?

I'm calling it. Marvel is going to use Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch to introduce the Inhumans to the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom