• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Marvel needs to do a musical at some point.
KfY4B9Q.gif

Fox doesnt own the movie rights for Fantastic Four, its Constantin Film

So, uhhh…this kinda blew my mind after verifying it.

No way this is common knowledge. Even nerds who prowl the internet for all things geek, like me, don't know this. It's never come up in any convo I've had concerning F4's rights, and I've had them with a lot of in-the-know people. Holy shit.

Pachimari

I don't expect Marvel to do a Phase 4 blowout until Fall 2019 to be honest. I mean, we still got 4 yet unannounced movies for Phase 3. I can see 2020 be GotG3, Spidey 2 and Doctor Strange 2, but still wonder what a 2019 one would be. Maybe a new solo.

BLACKLAC

So, uhhh...this kinda blew my mind after verifying it.

No way this is common knowledge. Even nerds who prowl the internet for all things geek, like me, don't know this. It's never come up in any convo I've had concerning F4's rights, and I've had them with a lot of in-the-know people. Holy shit.

And Constantin Film is folding last I heard so Fox may have no say in the matter regarding F4.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
OT3 preview:

2P410B1.png

Smart, having logos for the franchises rather than individual movies. Thought the Captain America logo looks off since it was never meant to be on top of itself like that.

EDIT: This also makes me realize how much I dislike the original Thor logo. And how much better the GotG V2 logo is over the first one. And how dull the non-curved Spider-Man logo is. And just in general, how bland the (older) MCU logos were.

jmood88

Great news n' all but I hope he gets to make something else in the meantime. Slither and Super are both terrific and the world needs more James Gunn movies that are not GotG.
He made that bad movie that came out a few weeks ago, so it doesn't seem that working in the MCU is stopping him from putting out other stuff he wants to work on.

tomtom94

He made that bad movie that came out a few weeks ago, so it doesn't seem that working in the MCU is stopping him from putting out other stuff he wants to work on.

If by "made" you mean "wrote the script for", then yeah. But that was basically something he wrote in a few months, not a full-on project like the two S movies.

TDLink

OT3 preview:

2P410B1.png

Smart, having logos for the franchises rather than individual movies. Thought the Captain America logo looks off since it was never meant to be on top of itself like that.

EDIT: This also makes me realize how much I dislike the original Thor logo. And how much better the GotG V2 logo is over the first one. And how dull the non-curved Spider-Man logo is. And just in general, how bland the (older) MCU logos were.

Agreed. You should take the franchise titles from the newer films with the best logos and leave off the subtitles.

Kevin Feige was only 33 when the MCU started. He can do this shit for another 20 years. We're good.

Geez. I need to look up his career path.

Can't reproduce the shit, but that seems really young to begin leading the creation of a billion-dollar movie franchise. Do what you wanna do, folks.

The Kree

Banned
Agreed. You should take the franchise titles from the newer films with the best logos and leave off the subtitles.

I tried that with the newer Guardians logo but the "Vol. 2" is overlaid on it and getting it off is more of a chore than I'd like it to be. I'd have an easier time recreating it from the old logo with newer colors I guess.

IHaveIce

Banned
I like Gunn and I'm happy what he made with the Guardians
But I hope he overthinks some stuff regarding the cosmic universe, or he is allowed to go batshit crazy.
I want Warlock, Beta Ray Bill, Nova etc give us really scary enemies. Also still hoping Ultron will make his comeback with cosmic marvel and the phalanx

So, uhhh...this kinda blew my mind after verifying it.

It's not "common" knowledge, but it's been discussed here in this thread many times.

I don't expect Marvel to do a Phase 4 blowout until Fall 2019 to be honest. I mean, we still got 4 yet unannounced movies for Phase 3. I can see 2020 be GotG3, Spidey 2 and Doctor Strange 2, but still wonder what a 2019 one would be. Maybe a new solo.

4 unannounced movies for Phase 3!?

The remainder of Phase 3:
2017 = GotG2, Spidey: HC, Thor: Ragnarok
2018 = Black Panther, A3: Infinity War, Ant-Man & the Wasp
2019 = Captain Marvel, Avengers 3.5:
Thanos
Rising
end of Phase 3... (unless there is a 3rd movie to cap it off at the end of 2019 that they haven't announced yet...)

what 4 movies are you referring to?

It's not "common" knowledge, but it's been discussed here in this thread many times.

Only been around here a few months, and enough posters expressed some surprise at the news that I don't feel bad lol. Been telling fellow nerd friends all day and every single one of them has been shocked.

"Constantin, I've come to bargain!" ~ Feige, probably

Only been around here a few months, and enough posters expressed some surprise at the news that I don't feel bad lol. Been telling fellow nerd friends all day and every single one of them has been shocked.

"Constantin, I've come to bargain!" ~ Feige, probably

We can only hope. I know there are some GAFers keeping a close eye on Constantin, since something was happening over there, but it seems they re-upped on some deals, so maybe they aren't in quite the trouble we thought they were.

But maybe SW and MCU end up making sooo much money this year, that Disney just says fuck it, and buys controlling interest in Constantin, before stripping F4 and then selling the shares off at a discount.

I'd cry like I did the day they announced Spidey was coming home. And when they announced the Phase 3 slate.

I cry when I'm excited, it's a lil embarrassing actually.
Don't be embarrassed, I'm sure we all tear up when DREAMS COME TRUE.

You'd bet your ass I'd cry like a baby if I saw Daft Punk live or the F4 return to their rightful place.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's bullshit how everyone's had their moment in the sun except for the Fantastic Four.

We had a incredible GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movie, while Fox still can't figure out what to do with the F4 to save their lives.

I want the real Reed, Sue, Ben, & Johnny to get the justice they deserve.

Neoxon

It's bullshit how everyone's had their moment in the sun except for the Fantastic Four.

We had a incredible GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movie, while Fox still can't figure out what to do with the F4 to save their lives.

I want the real Reed, Sue, Ben, & Johnny to get the justice they deserve.
Save the Fantastic Four, Marvel Studios. You're their only hope.

We can only hope. I know there are some GAFers keeping a close eye on Constantin, since something was happening over there, but it seems they re-upped on some deals, so maybe they aren't in quite the trouble we thought they were.

But maybe SW and MCU end up making sooo much money this year, that Disney just says fuck it, and buys controlling interest in Constantin, before stripping F4 and then selling the shares off at a discount.

There's some evidence to suggest that the contract was amended ~2000 and that Constantin doesn't own anything FF related anymore besides some distribution rights in Austria and Germany.

I'd cry like I did the day they announced Spidey was coming home. And when they announced the Phase 3 slate.

I cry when I'm excited, it's a lil embarrassing actually.

I think I'll cry when it's confirmed we are back to square 1 and Spidey is not in the MCU anymore after Homecoming 2 and he'll be part of the awful Sony Spideyverse.

I just watch the Incredibles when I want a semi-F4 that's also an amazing flick.

Doom is obvs what's needed though. After Thanos, I don't think there's anyone with the potench than Doom. Mags ain't happening, Masters of Evil or Thunderbolts would be fun but eh, Dormammu will probably happen, and bleh at Squadron Supreme.

I guess there's Kang.

The Kree

Banned
I just watch the Incredibles when I want a semi-F4 that's also an amazing flick.

Doom is obvs what's needed though. After Thanos, I don't think there's anyone with the potench than Doom. Mags ain't happening, Masters of Evil or Thunderbolts would be fun but eh, Dormammu will probably happen, and bleh at Squadron Supreme.

I guess there's Kang.

Kang is a distant relative of Reed Richards, so they might not even be able to use him.

Sesha

C9qhaLjXoAEdePE.jpg

Some reactions from france are in for gotg2

No praise for the villains, I see.

Black Widow, hopefully. She should get at least one. Folks'll want to see a BW solo film.

There's some evidence to suggest that the contract was amended ~2000 and that Constantin doesn't own anything FF related anymore besides some distribution rights in Austria and Germany.

Go on.... don't leave us hanging.
there gotta be a few more details about what is going on.

and do you mean the contract was amended ~2000? in the year 2000?
how would Fox still be withholding F4 if Constantin isn't the source of the IP loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom