• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorikyasu

IDK about this
Edit: Nvm. It was a picture of the Inhumans a fucked on posting. :p
Scott Buck's quote from that ew article:
But Buck stresses it won’t be an SFX extravaganza. “We approach these [characters] all as real people who just happen to have these abilities, so they’re all very grounded.”
He's pretty much telling us not to expect Inhumans to look or display their powers properly in this show. lol

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Scott Buck's quote from that ew article:

He's pretty much telling us not to expect Inhumans to look or display their powers properly in this show. lol
Umm, no? He's implying the plot/drama will come from the characters, not their powers. With Inhumans that's always the case. In their society, powers are common.

Pachimari

IDK about this
Edit: Nvm. It was a picture of the Inhumans a fucked on posting. :p
The less this gets posted the better. They are fucking up my Inhumans and I am screaming.

Fuck Marvel TV with grounding their properties , and Scott Buck for the part-time mess in Iron Fist and now this.

I am so sad.

Umm, no? He's implying the plot/drama will come from the characters, not their powers. With Inhumans that's always the case. In their society, powers are common.

Lol the challenge is to weave both effectively

Anything less is laziness

Im not changing my opinion to optimism on this one after Dexter and Iron Fist

Yeah that makes perfect sense too. Aside from the dynamic of Medusa speaking on Blackagar's behalf, the character drama in these stories doesn't really hinge on their powers. While Maximus does use his mental abilities to gain an edge that's not really something that requires heavy CG.

dorikyasu

While I agree that the characters and stories are important, but it's not very assuring when the showrunner for a comic book based show is outright saying not to expect SFX extravaganza and the characters will be very grounded in the show.

While I agree that the characters and stories are important, but it's not very assuring when the showrunner for a comic book based show is outright saying not to expect SFX extravaganza and the characters will be very grounded in the show.

I'm not expecting much different from SHIELD, which does use superpowers pretty sparingly but when they do, they tend to not hold back.

But also keep in mind that Crystal and Medusa are the only two in the main cast that are heavily CG-dependant. So I wouldn't be expecting heavy SFX constantly throughout every episode either.

Not that we have much reason to put our faith in Scott Buck but I'm hoping he's speaking more about it compared to the movies which certainly are SFX heavy.

Still on the fence on If I'm going to see guardians tonight. The hype is there but I'm expecting a shit ass movie. Some of those early reviews were ehhhhh.

IHaveIce

Banned
Still on the fence on If I'm going to see guardians tonight. The hype is there but I'm expecting a shit ass movie. Some of those early reviews were ehhhhh.
As long as you update us with your interesting thoughts about movies you didn't see I don't care. I don't want to miss that tough.

In an IMAX theater waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to start. There was a teaser for Inhumans. It was just voices speaking while the logo appeared.

I agree with this interpretation, though given how Iron Fist turned out, I can't blame anyone for casting a Buck quote in the worst possible light,

duckroll

Does it even matter what Scott Buck says at this point. Who cares what he says, who cares what is quoted. Actions speak louder than words. Just look at that promo pic of Inhumans, take a deep breath, and load the Colleen Wing fight video with bad rap on Youtube.

Kalentan

JUst got out of Vol 2. It's a bit rougher in places than others and the exposition hits a bit hard... BUT it's emotional impact is far stronger than the original. Feels a ton more personal and in many ways a very different movie than the original.

So we not have an OT for it? Couldn't find it.

Nvm found it.

Quick

Banned
Movie was so gooooooddddd.

GotG Vol. 2 was fantastic!

CBWylks.gif

Once again, so jealous at all of you Thursday night viewers! Can't wait to check it out!

One of these days, I will make watching films Thursday nights a habit.

Neoxon

So who wants to board the
Adam Warlock
&
OG Guardians
hype trains?

Also,
I guess Zune prices are gonna go way up.

I liked Guardians 2 more than the first one.

I'm of the same mind, but recency bias is a thing, so I'm a sit on it for a few months (though I'll be seeing it again within the week for sure). Still, not sure how you can watch this movie and immediately think the first one was better.

My casual Marvel fan girlfriend cried, and said this one goes in her top two.

I'm being torn here I keep hearing that this movie is some people's least liked MCU film, While others love it. I know opinions and all but the opinions are all to the so extreme.

And I loved Big Groot, but Pachimari saying baby groot is fucking annoying kinda kills it for.

Sesha

I'm being torn here I keep hearing that this movie is some people's least liked MCU film, While others love it. I know opinions and all but the opinions are all to the so extreme.

And I loved Big Groot, but Pachimari saying baby groot is fucking annoying kinda kills it for.

Anything can be someone's least liked something, no matter what. Don't get preoccupied with what others think. Experience it for yourself and make up your own opinion. Chances are you will at least enjoy it.

Love this movie but don't watch it if you don't want to or think it will suck.

I have been burned too many times and will most likely skip WW too, I won't go and see a movie where I most likely won't enjoy it. Skip this and save your money if you have doubt.

Pachimari

Dude, don't take my opinion for being the de facto anything. Don't let anyone's opinion persuade you. I really do think you should go watch it without thinking too much about it, and just take it from there and form your own opinion. I can see how someone would totally love Baby Groot too, but case in point, this one character is not what makes or breaks this entire movie.

I liked Baby Groot, not loving him, but concedes that his scenes tends to be dragged a bit too thin, and the stick gets a little old but this movie is more than just Baby Groot.

There are great things about GotG2 and there are some not so good stuff in it.

Go watch it, or don't. Just don't form opinions based on not having seen your movies.

So after seeing GOTG2 last night..

Dont agree with the criticisms at all

It was fast paced, entertaining and fun and i didnt feel deja vue at all.

outside of its also being funny it felt like a very different movie from the first

and we couldnt believe how long it actually was because it felt like it flew by so fast

Absolutely loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom