• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Warner buying Sony and Spider-Man joining the Justice League.

image.php

I'm being torn here I keep hearing that this movie is some people's least liked MCU film, While others love it. I know opinions and all but the opinions are all to the so extreme.

And I loved Big Groot, but Pachimari saying baby groot is fucking annoying kinda kills it for.

Make your own decision to go based on how you feel about Guardians 1, MCU movies in general, and what you thought of the trailers. If you have negative feelings on at least 2 of those 3 things, maybe just stay away.

It's not hard.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I'm surprised to be saying this, but I re-watched the first Guardians the other day and I really enjoyed Ronan the Accuser. I like how serious and dramatic he is, in contrast to the heroes. And unlike a lot of other Marvel villains, he completely wrecks the heroes' shit up until the very end. He also has some great lines: "Xandar, you stand accused! Your wretched peace treaty will not save you now. It is the tinder on which you burn!"/"I don’t recall killing your family. I doubt I’ll remember killing you either." He's basically what Apocalypse should have been.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm surprised to be saying this, but I re-watched the first Guardians the other day and I really enjoyed Ronan the Accuser. I like how serious and dramatic he is, in contrast to the heroes. And unlike a lot of other Marvel villains, he completely wrecks the heroes' shit up until the very end. He also has some great lines: "Xandar, you stand accused! Your wretched peace treaty will not save you now. It is the tinder on which you burn!"/"I don’t recall killing your family. I doubt I’ll remember killing you either." He's basically what Apocalypse should have been.
I agree. He is totally over the top and thats what I like.
And his Makeup is magnificent.

The Kree

Banned
MCU Exchange is just one of many fan blogs endlessly regurgitating other people's content so that they can collect ad revenue. You shouldn't give a shit about how they editorialize because they're not approaching anything resembling a real news outlet to begin with.

MCU Exchange is just one of many fan blogs endlessly regurgitating other people's content so that they can collect ad revenue. You shouldn't give a shit about how they editorialize because they're not approaching anything resembling a real news outlet to begin with.

This was what I meant by "they're pretty bad". They relay a lot of rumor as fact, and their sources are just other outlets. Never heard a podcast of theirs, just seen them on my twitter feed a bunch.

Finally, I can post here again!

1. Re: Bautista, it doesn't take a genius to see Sony Pictures is in financial trouble and the Disney has a boatload of cash. I'd imagine that the long-term value of Spidey is huge enough that Disney could shell out a shit-ton of money to buy him from an inevitably bankrupt Sony Film.

2. Fuck Scott Buck.

3. GOTG 2 was alright, but it definitely had timing issues. Scenes were not given room to breathe and as a result, there were moments that definitely felt smushed together or just not edited properly. But I liked it, because
WE GOT WATCHERS, BABY. I LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE A LIVE-ACTION WATCHER AND A PLANET WITH A GODDAMN FACE ON IT.

I know there's muddied grounds between movie, Netflix, and TV shows. But is Inhumans expected to incorporate AoS? They're both still ABC shows and SHIELD covered some of that ground in seasons 2 and 3.

Christian

Finally, I can post here again

3. GOTG 2 was alright, but it definitely had timing issues. Scenes were not given room to breathe and as a result, there were moments that definitely felt smushed together or just not edited properly. But I liked it, because WE GOT WATCHERS, BABY. I LIVED LONG ENOUGH TO SEE A LIVE-ACTION WATCHER AND A PLANET WITH A GODDAMN FACE ON IT.

Wow. Really kinda wish you spoiler-tagged that, despite the thread title...

Anyway, I love Ronan. I know he's a one-note villain, but I think Pace's portrayal is great. I hope he comes back after Infinity War somehow.

curb

Banned
Feels good to be back.

Saw Guardians tonight. Absolutely loved it from start to finish (including Baby Groot). I watched the first one earlier this week and I think I prefer Vol. 2.

Wow. Really kinda wish you spoiler-tagged that, despite the thread title...

Anyway, I love Ronan. I know he's a one-note villain, but I think Pace's portrayal is great. I hope he comes back after Infinity War somehow.
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.

I'll spoiler tag em now so that this doesn't happen again.

Liked GotG2 WAY more than the first. Outside of a few scenes that dragged on more than they should (
Rocket and Taserface scene
), it did well at hitting much more important story notes for me.

I loved it! Though it doesn't have the same charm as the first film, I highly regard the sequel as much as the first one.

Gonna miss seeing Yondu. Definitely one of the big highlights for the movie.

Guardians 2 Rotten Tomatoes score dropped 5 points in one day, Almost near Ant Man levels lol.

Age of ultron might have some company down there in the mid 70's.

#shoudvegivenittotherussobrothers

#firegunn
#firewhedon

GAMEPROFF

Banned
At least you know that you dont have to watch that shitty Marvel movie anymore. What a relief.

But I am curious. When did RT Scores start mattering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom