• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane Foster returns.
That's too direct.

Wait, before and after pictures. What separates them? Time. Who has the Time Stone? Dr. Strange. Who's appearing in Thor 3? Doctor Strange.

Therefore, Thor 3 isn't Thor: Ragnarok, it's Thor: It's About Time.

I feel bad for Marvel, because I just ruined their big reveal for Thor 3.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's too direct.

Wait, before and after pictures. What separates them? Time. Who has the Time Stone? Dr. Strange. Who's appearing in Thor 3? Doctor Strange.

Therefore, Thor 3 isn't Thor: Ragnarok, it's Thor: It's About Time.

I feel bad for Marvel, because I just ruined their big reveal for Thor 3.

Great Scott!

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm vastly more into Foster Thor than I ever have been compared to the original, so I'd be more than game for that. It'll be a good avenue for Marvel to go down once Chris Hemsworth inevitably hangs up the hammer.

Litan

I'm vastly more into Foster Thor than I ever have been compared to the original, so I'd be more than game for that. It'll be a good avenue for Marvel to go down once Chris Hemsworth inevitably hangs up the hammer.
Please god, no...
Give me Valkyrie solo movies instead.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Spider-Man clip to premiere tonight during MTV Movie Awards? At least I assume that's going to happen since Tom and Zendaya are there.

jph139

JaneThor wouldn't work in the movies. Like, Natalie Portman is a good actress, but I don't buy her as Worthy at all. She's a scientist that occasionally pines for a hunk, not a devoted medical professional.

Sif would be my choice. Or Valkyrie, if she's as awesome in Ragnarok as I hope she'll be.

tomtom94

If Marvel can write two Civil War scripts it's pretty much guaranteed there's a script somewhere for Foster Thor. In fact I'd bet money that was originally the plan for Ragnarok before the falling out with Portman and subsequent "fuck all of the Earth stuff".

Pachimari

I really want Natalie Portman to be the next Thor. I would love that and I've been wanting this for a long while. So bring it on!

I wouldn't be against Valkyrie taking the spotlight either though. I feel like this could be a more organic evolution really.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I really want Natalie Portman to be the next Thor. I would love that and I've been wanting this for a long while. So bring it on!

LOKI_approves.gif

El Topo

Shouldn't we wait until we see how they handle Valkyrie? Hyping a supporting MCU character is like hyping a MCU villain. Also I thought we all agreed that Darcy becomes the next Thor. It's only logical.

Pachimari

Shouldn't we wait until we see how they handle Valkyrie? Hyping a supporting MCU character is like hyping a MCU villain. Also I thought we all agreed that Darcy becomes the next Thor. It's only logical.
She got face paint. What else do you need to become worthy?

Pachimari

So is it new trailer we will get during the MTVs or will it just be a clip or commercial? I know Wonder Woman and Blade Runner are getting new trailers.

As I said in the Guardians' thread, I want Alexander Skarsgard to be Adam Warlock in Vol. 3 and to start out as Magus with a big white afro.

New set photos of JJ and Trish, which either means a) these are old photos from S1 or b) JJ Season 2 is officially in principal photography.

Also, the lack of a Season 2 announcement for Iron Fist is probably a sign there's some behind-the-scenes stuff going on, right?

EDIT: It seems that 2 months is about right for an announcement on ensuing seasons considering JJ and Luke Cage got their renewals 2 months after their debuts.
If renewal will depend on how well received he will be in Defenders. I won't expect any news soon.

duckroll

I bet they'll just renew everything for 2 seasons at least. Hard to imagine another season of Iron Fist costing more than 10 dollars anyway, so...

I bet they'll just renew everything for 2 seasons at least. Hard to imagine another season of Iron Fist costing more than 10 dollars anyway, so...
I bet they told Finn Jones they'd get him out of Croatia and he immediately signed.

It still hurts that my favorite character got Bucked. Iron Fist was one of the first superheroes I really liked and I had dreamed, for years, that I might be the one to get him up on the big screen. Well, either me or Gareth Evans. It turns out that not even Davos himself could have fucked Danny up half as badly as Scott Buck did.

Just got back from Guardians 2. Wow it was good, After some shaky and middling early reviews I was expecting a trainwreck like Batman vs. Superman. Even if guardians 1 was marginally better in some respects, guardians 2 delivered in others, and Ego was better than Ronan.

I understand the pacing complaints, how it would cut from one scene and go back to the ravagers, but before the end of the 2nd act it all came back together.

The Cinematography in this movie was Insane really, many times I found myself looking at how gorgeous it was.

And James Gunn's Color pallete in this film was ridiculous. I mean the use of color in Guardians 2 was immense and the *one*
Yondu's crematory flames
scene where the entire color rainbow was used was just stunning.

Lastly I thought Baby groot would be annoying but he rarely speaks in the film IMO, he didn't drag the movie down.

Apart from the humor this kinda this kinda doesn't feel like it was made by Marvel, In a good way. This feeling different from the rest of the Marvel flicks really helps from burning the audience out from cape films in general. A great way to diversify the Marvel pallette, hopefully Taika will continue to refine the marvel formula, because Jon Watts certainly ain't gonna do it.

Apart from the humor this kinda this kinda doesn't feel like it was made by Marvel, In a good way. This feeling different from the rest of the Marvel flicks really helps from burning the audience out from cape films in general. A great way to diversify the Marvel pallette, hopefully Taika will continue to refine the marvel formula, because Jon Watts certainly ain't gonna do it.

It's perplexing to me how little the Spider-man trailer is doing for me, yet how Ragnarok made me want to jump out of my theater seat. I don't know if it was just the music or the fact that I know we getting that bug Hulk v Thor/Planet Hulk action, but as soon as GotG2 ended, I was really disappointed that Ragnarok didn't start immediately afterwards and I have to wait 6 more months for my next Marvel movie...

Yes, I'm aware SM is 2 months, but it's not HYPEing me up. It looks like something I'm gonna enjoy, I'm sure, but Thor looks like something I'm going to fricking Love.
and the sooner Thor comes, the sooner Black Panther comes, and then Infinity War!!!

I think I'm gonna have to pick up an insanely overpriced MCU phase 1-3 collectors complete box set should that ever be released.

Is there any chance of Marvel Studios cutting a Spider-Man trailer themselves? Or is it something that's solely in the hands of Sony's marketing?

Both SMH trailers had a few moments that worked for me but they never really came together the same way the ones for Vol. 2 and Ragnarom did. Like you can tell there's some good stuff in there but Sony is trying their hardest to hide it.

duckroll

I bet they told Finn Jones they'd get him out of Croatia and he immediately signed.

It still hurts that my favorite character got Bucked. Iron Fist was one of the first superheroes I really liked and I had dreamed, for years, that I might be the one to get him up on the big screen. Well, either me or Gareth Evans. It turns out that not even Davos himself could have fucked Danny up half as badly as Scott Buck did.

If we're lucky, maybe Scott Buck will be replaced in Season 2? I guess we can hope that Inhumans really takes off and he... sticks with that instead? Lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom