• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What a coincidence
Edit: I think I am gonna go and get the Homecoming Prelude Comic from the post. Anyone interested in the spoilers?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
GotG V2 Prelude was just a retelling of GotG. I should have warned you.
Its fine. It has Spider-Man in it, so I had to buy it anyway, but I would had rather went with the floppies then with a trade with useless reprints of the first Vulture appearence and a random Spider-Man/Iron Man Teamup

okdakor

LOL No he wasn't.

giphy.gif

From the interview :

In ”Spider-Man 3," Tobey becomes evil Spider-Man and dances down the street. I know you have some dance skills. Who would win between you two in a dance-off?

It would have to be me, judging from his dance skills in that movie. I can confidently say it would be me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Looks like they are tying (or keeping) the directors to their respective marvel character/team they are doing. We have Peyton Reed (Ant-Man), Scott Derrickson (Doctor Strange), James Gunn (GotG), Joss Whedon (Avengers 1-2), Russo Brothers (Cap2-3) and now Jon Watts for Spider-Man.

super smart move

hope they got Coogler on that shit too

Pachimari

Don't expect many new MCU announcements until after Avengers 4:

”I hope [the news comes] after that," said Feige on new films releasing after the fourth Avengers film. ”I think there will be certain elements that start to come about, not the least of which is the already announced release date of the next Spider-Man film. But other than that we're going to keep it very close to the vest because this is really about focusing on the unprecedented conclusion to a 22-movie overarching narrative."

Kevin Feige also confirms a character existing in the MCU but if you haven't seen Spider-Man: Homecoming I wouldn't read this link.

Three new clips from Spider-Man: Homecoming:

Too larby

It's time we changed

Protesting is patriotic

Uncle Ben and Spider Bite scenes were never considered for Homecoming:

"We never talked about showing it, because the MO was always to not show anything we've seen before," Watts said. "If anything ever felt slightly familiar, to try to figure out if there's a way to avoid it or tackle it in a different way. But that was something that definitely felt like we've seen that before."

The events of Homecoming will shape the character for a pair of sequels:

"I think that's what is going to be so interesting," Watts said. "I mean, it's set up as a coming-of-age story, but if anything, that's a long journey. So, there's a lot of complexity now to be explored. This was sort of just getting back to the fun and excitement of being Spider-Man, but setting it up in a way where I hope we can continue to explore that journey with greater and greater depth."

giphy.gif

From the interview :

In “Spider-Man 3,” Tobey becomes evil Spider-Man and dances down the street. I know you have some dance skills. Who would win between you two in a dance-off?

It would have to be me, judging from his dance skills in that movie. I can confidently say it would be me.

How can you not love this kid?

Pachimari

I constantly forget how the road to Avengers: Infinity War for me personally has only been a 6 year wait as opposed to a 10 year wait, since The Avengers was the first movie I saw in the MCU. I wasn't enticed by the least of seeing these heroes together on the big screen, but because of all the talk I had to go watch it before the movie left cinemas. Still, there will be a huge impact when I sit there in the cinema and the Infinity War logo shows up in the dark.

Fuck I'm exciting now that we're less than a year away from both Black Panther and Infinity War.

I remember never being particularly bothered about Marvel but understanding that Avengers was a big thing and making sure I watched all 4 movies leading up to it.

And damn. God knows how many movies later, here we are.

Pachimari

uBJiGhr.jpg

Kevin Feige comments on Blade:

We think it would be cool. Someday. My tenure at Marvel started 17 years ago, and there were two things that sort of launched the modern era. One was X-Men, which was the first thing that people said, "Oh, there's life here." But a few years before that, there was Blade. A character nobody had heard of at all, had only appeared in a few issues of Tomb of Dracula or something, turned into a big franchise.

That was always a great lesson for me, where you go, "It doesn't matter how well known the character is, it matters how cool the movie is." Which, many years later, would be the reason we do Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange. I think Blade is a legacy character now, and I think it would be fun to do something with him one day.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Kevin Feige seems to confirm a certain Spidey character
Miles Morales
does exist in the MCU.

WARNING: contains spoilers of a character's ID for Homecoming.

JayCB

Good look at that Ironman bust they are using on the set of IW..first look at Mark 48 maybe? (I think it's 48, it's hard to keep track.)

qchdzbrtf26z.jpg

Uncle Ben and Spider Bite scenes were never considered for Homecoming:

Smart. This already had an uphill battle being the third Spider-Man series in 17 years. From the small clips they've showed, it looks very much like it's own thing. Sad that the trailers don't really reflect hat.

However, I still hope they don't shy away from having elements already explored in Raimi-Man and ASM down the line. Would be a colossal waste not to set up Osborn in this universe.

Good look at that Ironman bust they are using on the set of IW..first look at Mark 48 maybe? (I think it's 48, it's hard to keep track.)

qchdzbrtf26z.jpg

Helmet design is sleek af, but not a fan of the "normal" color scheme. Hopefully the rest of the suit proves to be more interesting.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Give me more Blade & Punisher Netflix and less Iron Fist please

I constantly forget how the road to Avengers: Infinity War for me personally has only been a 6 year wait as opposed to a 10 year wait, since The Avengers was the first movie I saw in the MCU. I wasn't enticed by the least of seeing these heroes together on the big screen, but because of all the talk I had to go watch it before the movie left cinemas. Still, there will be a huge impact when I sit there in the cinema and the Infinity War logo shows up in the dark.

Fuck I'm exciting now that we're less than a year away from both Black Panther and Infinity War.

I remember never being particularly bothered about Marvel but understanding that Avengers was a big thing and making sure I watched all 4 movies leading up to it.

And damn. God knows how many movies later, here we are.

I remember being pretty blown away by Iron Man & TIH with their clear world building. Seeing Sam Jackson as Ultimate Fury was too dope.

Then I really cooled off - Iron Man 2 stumbled, I just wasn't in a place in life where I paid attention to Thor/Cap at release. Then they came out on DVD and I got caught up leading into The Avengers. The Thanos reveal got me again and I am shocked at how well they've built out the universe since then.

Movies like The Winter Soldier, Civil War, GotG vol 1 & vol 2 have done an amazing job keeping me super hyped going into this next '5 movies in 1 year' bonanza we're about to start.

Pachimari

Kevin Feige seems to confirm a certain Spidey character
Miles Morales
does exist in the MCU.

WARNING: contains spoilers of a character's ID for Homecoming.
I posted this already. On the same page too. I do hope they explore this character in the sequel.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Feige comments on Blade:
We think it would be cool. Someday. My tenure at Marvel started 17 years ago, and there were two things that sort of launched the modern era. One was X-Men, which was the first thing that people said, "Oh, there's life here." But a few years before that, there was Blade. A character nobody had heard of at all, had only appeared in a few issues of Tomb of Dracula or something, turned into a big franchise.

That was always a great lesson for me, where you go, "It doesn't matter how well known the character is, it matters how cool the movie is." Which, many years later, would be the reason we do Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange. I think Blade is a legacy character now, and I think it would be fun to do something with him one day.

C'mon give me some Blade

5365542-7251183618-tumbl.gif

Well that, and the main distinguishing aspect of the armor, the lights. Are you talking about how he uses the armor? What about the new picture makes you think it's Bleeding Edge?

The shape of the chest plate, the lights, the neck shape, and the lines around the armour are more in line with the Bleeding Edge than the Mk.46 was.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Did Feige worked on Blade as producer?

I don't think so. Even if he were, he wouldn't have had much input whatsoever like in the early Fox/Sony marvel movies as he said it himself.

I'm really curious to see what happens with and after the Infinity War movies, because that could impact on how I see the MCU in general. So far I'm getting kinda burned out on how they approach the movies so far in terms of Music (mixing) and Villains and maybe tone (Winter Soldier was and is a game changer of the MCU).

bchamba

If that is the battle of new york then I could see them traveling to different battles with villains that all had the stones at one point to try and recollect them

If that is the battle of new york then I could see them traveling to different battles with villains that all had the stones at one point to try and recollect them
That would explain why Tony and Peter were with Quill on a planet that looked like a destroyed city, surely?

What it doesn't explain is Thanos being a central character. Because this implication would be a time-travelling romp with Tony/Peter/Whoever else but I can't see much room for Thanos but would also explain why there seems to be movies between Infinity War and the untitled sequel, because nothing 'major' or 'world ending' happens until [part 2].

They're all accounted for though, collecting them from the past would cause problems in the future.

Also, what is Tony wearing??

NM, clearer shots show it's most likely a mocap suit with an arc reactor for reference.

Top Bottom