• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

If you want to be invited to the Supergroup just leave a message in the thread with your in-game name in it and someone will get to you. If for some reason we still miss you just send me a PM and I'll invite you as soon as I can =)

mh2105banner2copy9asx9.png

|OT1|
Release date: 04/06/13
Platforms: PC/STEAM & MAC
Genre: ARPG, by the creator of Diablo II
Developer: Gazillion Entertainment
How Much?:F2P with cosmetic and convenience micro-transactions
System requirements:

srqoouuu.png

Where do I get it?

features219s50.png

Marvel Heroes was launched more than a year ago and since then it has experienced an unprecedented transformation into a fun, improved and fleshed out Marvel Action RPG.
Some of the things you'll find in it are:

• 38+ Characters with more coming every month. Each character is a class of its own and can be acquired just by playing the game or with $
  • Lengthy, repeatable story mode with 3 difficulty settings
  • Substantial end-game content including Single Player and Multiplayer Instances, PvP and Raids
  • Self-found gear and Trading
  • More than 250+ costumes (cosmetic only, no pay2win)
  • Several Team-Up characters and Pets to help you in battle
  • Join our SuperGroup to chat&play with other members!
Current Character Roster:

mh2015roster7nzxf.png
o52lfHL.png
43pNdpe.png
rbEZcsU.png
DO0C1el.png
g8frjn4.png
ZK2QjKo.png
8kI2wfE.png
OY7IY27.png
M1upDJE.png
5A7IRNT.png

antv4qqa.png
warbwp8e.png
kittyggpum.png
[BLADE (img coming soon :p)] [MAGIK (img coming 2017)]​

Next Hero is:

Acotilletta2--Iron_Fist_modern_green.jpg

IRON FIST

Steam Group
Official Forums

Muspelheim is the first ever large-scale raid in an Action RPG. Surtur is the end boss on this one.

Raids usually happen on Wednesdays, at "night" (American time) although a schedule isn't set in stone.
They reset every week, so this is an ideal time slot to have them.
Ask in chat or this thread for specific details if you wish to join GAF Supergroup on one.

1235469dsnd.gif

links2j9sff.png

Some resources that you might find useful during your time with the game:

mh2015costumesfinalyqd30.gif

Wall of Shame:

woszrsmp.png

Step it up people!

inky

npguidexhj3d.png

So you just started and don't know where to go from here? This is just a quick beginner's guide that covers most of the common questions new people have.

- One handy in game resource you'll want to check is the in-game HELP. Press ESC and then go to the HELP menu.

halpiisyl.png

It contains all sort of useful info on many of the game's commands, systems and modes.

halp2bzst3.png

- When picking your STARTER HERO consider the type of gameplay you like: ranged, melee, pet-based, summoner, etc.There's a ton of variety within the game. Once you are in, the first thing you'll want to do is complete the Story Mode.
Story Mode will teach you the basics and give you rewards that will help you out later, like currency to buy more heroes (once per account). There are 3 difficulties for story mode, and many quests will give you rewards again in every different difficulty setting. Some like permanent Extra Health and Power Points you don't want to miss. Here's a handy guide of which quests give out which rewards: LINK You can level your hero all the way to the cap doing only the story mode, but it is not really recommended. Instead...

- Once you reach level 20 you'll open up Legendary Quests.

lqssmubdi.png

These are optional quests that can intertwine with your story or send you somewhere else in the world. LQs can be rerolled for your convenience at a small price.
It is RECOMMENDED you start doing LQs as soon as you hit 20, because they give out a lot of XP and a currency known as Odin Marks, which you'll use to buy powerful end-game items later on (you can check these items at the Legendary Items Vendor located in the Asgard hub).

- Alongside Story Mode there are other types of content you can spend your time with. Just head to the nearest Waypoint to access them under Terminals or Challenges. Some of these you can do from level 1.
All of these modes also count towards your Daily Shared Quests, which give out additional rewards every day.

- A ton of items will be dropping for you and with the limited STASH space you might be wondering early which items are worth your time. Here's a quick list of what you should be looking at:

• 449638f2p.png
    gfdhq4ea8.png
    kklgcdvc.png
    Gear. Well, duh. Best items tend to be Cosmic grade and Uniques. The latest Cybernetics upgrade to Pets makes it so traditionally "trash" gear you'd usually leave behind becomes useful. Keep an eye out for rings. (pick priority: high)

petsbyoe0.png

• Eternity Splinters, Cube Shards and Odin Marks are important currencies and are hard to miss. These will be exchanged for items or in the case of ES, even new heroes. (pick priority: very high)

currenciescqkqz.png

Heroes and Team Ups can be bought with Eternity Splinters. My recommendation is: If you don't care who you get and are all about expanding your roster quickly, go to Adam Warlock NPC and get Random Hero Boxes. They are cheaper than any single hero but can contain even the more expensive ones.
    WARNING: You may get a repeat, which will be used towards increasing that hero's Ultimate Ability.

rhboxkfkk1.png

• runesjfk4z.png
    Runes are used at the Enchanter NPC to improve your gear. Some are quite rare and valuable. Check the recipes and Trade Chat to see which ones are in more demand. (pick priority: high)
  • uruwojcf.png
    Uru -Forged gear. You should only pick it up as you need it. No need to save more than one of each in the STASH for future use. (pick priority: low) Check the LINKS section in the OT for more details on Runes and Uru-Forged Items
  • artifactj9kdh.png
    Artifacts. Here's a handy guide for valuable ones courtesy of user Blank! LINK. The rest you should only pick up if you have an immediate use for them. Good rolls are essential. (pick priority: normal)
  • relicp1kli.png
    Relics: There's about a dozen of them. They bind to the hero that equips them. You'd at least want a small stack (50 or so) on every hero. They work like an extra item which provides + benefits with each new stack but have diminishing returns. (pick priority: normal)
  • medsrkzi2.png
    Medallions: Familiarize yourself with them but there's no need to pick spares. Cosmic Medallions will round up your end-game build and by then you'll know which you need and where to get it. (pick priority: low)
  • elem9zxgg.png
    Crafting Elements (Nanotech Filament, Ionic Particles, etc.) should only be picked up when you need them immediately. They are used on crafting recipes and are extremely easy to come by. (pick priority: very low)
  • ccs7qjog.png
    Costume Cores: Once you defined what you want from your end-game build is when you should start looking for specific ones. Those with 400 Life on Hit, 25% recovery on Medkit use or Invulnerability stats are particularly popular. (pick priority: normal)

- The first thing to do with unwanted gear and items isn't selling them for credits. Instead, DONATE THEM (drag and drop it in the donate box, or alt-click the item from your inventory) to your Crafter and Enchanter first to unlock new high level recipes.
After they both hit level 20, you can focus on leveling up your gear NPC Vendors, although they offer minimal improvements.

donatingkxjqv.png

Some recipes are extremely useful, and there is even one where you can turn unwanted costumes into new ones*.

- Hit level 60 already and don't know what to do? BUILD, TRADE, RAID, PRESTIGE!

Focus on building your hero for the more challenging Endgame Content, such as Cosmic Terminals and Raids. Trade for items and Artifacts with other players using the Trade Chat and Join other players every week to tackle Raids!
Beyond this point you'll want to consider the Prestige option. This will reset your heroes' level progress. You'll get some cosmetic rewards and an extra base costume which you can use in a high level crafting recipe* to exchange for a new random costume. (*Recipe is 3 costumes + 2 Unstable Molecules + 200,000 credits)

account_page_bannerbguos.png

If you still want to know more, here's an in-depth video guide into every aspect of the game LINK

Remember, there's always people willing to help out and answer your questions in this thread too. Have fun!

I love the smell of new threads in the morning.

Edit: Someone said the thread title is good, but I don't see it.
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Great OP inky! Some day I'll have the courage to raid with you guys!

Dooo it. I'll also add you Voli. My SG runs raids every Thursday/Sunday/Tuesday around 7 EST.

And great OP. That quest log is daunting to me. I don't think any of my characters have so many trophies/check marks.

Looks great Ink!

Although, I'd mention the 25% Medkit core too. That one is especially important for sustain on a lot of heroes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dat costume gif :eek:

Looking at Rogue's trees more now, she actually has a lot of stuff I want, I might not have much room for stolen spells except for 1point wonders tbh. I'm looking at her sig, melee boss killer, Kree passive and maybe her death from above if it looks good, as I will always use every DFA move, I can't help it, so yeah that's potentially 3 or 4 just normal ass Rogue talents I might use. In fact, I don't think I'll even use any mental stuff, most of the aoe I want is energy and the power cosmic buff is always just 1500 correct, it doesn't stack? So between my physical and energy stuff I will always have both up 100% of the time anyway.

inky

Those of you guys who raid often... please let me know what info you'd like to see in the Raiding section =)

Looks great Ink!

Although, I'd mention the 25% Medkit core too. That one is especially important for sustain on a lot of heroes.

Sure thing.

Also, thanks for the kind words guys. I never thought we'd get an OT2 for this game yet here we are.

gazele

Banned
Why am I not surprised Kepow had the most posts in the OT?

:p

Still trying to figure out rogue, too many options, wish you could just have like 10 passives and break the balancing haha

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also the thread title was clearly the best choice long term

GManDH

I AM ON A LIST!!! i posted a lot in the early stages of game now i just make comments or say unmentioned topics.

Geez, had no idea I posted that much. Guess I asked a loooot of questions in the early days haha..

Haven't been putting much time into MH lately, need to get back into it.

GManDH

for all you noobs out there dont let the constant amount of ppl saying they havent put much time into the game lately scare you. this game is amazing, it just isnt EVERYONEs cup of tea. i play everyday and dont regret ONE min.

Rhaknar

for all you noobs out there dont let the constant amount of ppl saying they havent put much time into the game lately scare you. this game is amazing, it just isnt EVERYONEs cup of tea. i play everyday and dont regret ONE min.

not playing it much at any given time has nothing to do with the game being or not being good, or even the person liking it. you just need a break sometimes, especially when you play so much

also I post too much. Working graveyard shifts will do that :(

Mine definitely isn't as a result of MH not being amazing, just that ~800 hours has burned me out a little haha..

The 800 hours speaks for itself though, considering I got into the game earlier this year.

EDIT: LOL, as above.

Seems I'm more wordy in game than posting in the thread. I only had 20 posts. Of course I started fairly recently so that's also part of it.

And Cyclops is terrible. Just wanted that to be known here before his review comes out. I thought Hawkeye was bad but he looks complex compared to this ruby-eyed oaf. Thankfully I already got him up to 31 after starting him today. Hitting level 50 doesn't seem too far away.

And Cyclops is terrible. Just wanted that to be known here before his review comes out. I thought Hawkeye was bad but he looks complex compared to this ruby-eyed oaf. Thankfully I already got him up to 31 after starting him today. Hitting level 50 doesn't seem too far away.

Opinions and all that, but I enjoyed Cyk a lot more than I did Hawkeye! Probably the visual effects on Cyk keeping me a little more interested I think.

Rhaknar

Hawkeye is
still
terrible. I was farming cosmics with various characters earlier today, basically rotating between a bunch to always have a ult up and I got a couple of blessings on Rocket, who doesnt need gear, and I thought "why the fuck am I not doing this on characters that CAN use the lootsplosion"

and when I got to Hawkeye...good lord.

I also got a few more levels into Deadpool, from 35 to 41, and im really not feeling him AT ALL now, which is weird because I remember really liking him up to 35 when I stopped.

Everytime I play Hawkeye, I have to immediately switch over to Diablo 3 and play my Demon Hunter to cleanse out the awfulness with a properly designed archer.

Homeboy needs a mechanic and visual overhaul.

I also got a few more levels into Deadpool, from 35 to 41, and im really not feeling him AT ALL now, which is weird because I remember really liking him up to 35 when I stopped.

He was my main for aaaages (you may remember from OT1) as he's my favourite Marvel character, but even I can acknowledge he's not being done justice in later levels.

I was basically on rotation of 3 powers (didn't even have the hotbar full) with my final high-spec build and he's still inefficient and lacking flare.

When I think about what High Moon did with the Deadpool game, I weep for what we have in Marvel Heroes.

Hopefully they give him some fun and flare for the review.

Rhaknar

He was my main for aaaages (you may remember from OT1) as he's my favourite Marvel character, but even I can acknowledge he's not being done justice in later levels.

I was basically on rotation of 3 powers (didn't even have the hotbar full) with my final high-spec build and he's still inefficient and lacking flare.

When I think about what High Moon did with the Deadpool game, I weep for what we have in Marvel Heroes.

Hopefully they give him some fun and flare for the review.

i have high hopes for his review, same as Cyclops. Hell I even bought a Headpool just for his cybertek when it was on sale recently

i have high hopes for his review, same as Cyclops. Hell I even bought a Headpool just for his cybertek when it was on sale recently

I already had Headpool haha, bought him specifically for Deadpool when I was building him up.

Same for Thor with Throg lol..

Ploid 3.0

Oh got my first ilevel 66 recipe and I'm surprised they don't charge a arm and leg to upgrade things wit it. 10k is simple and no mats needed. Now to get more demonfire.

Lord Phol

Awesome OT2, great job inky! Think this is the first time I'm even on a wall of shame. Looking forward to some Nova action soonTM!

Rhaknar

Oh got my first ilevel 66 recipe and I'm surprised they don't charge a arm and leg to upgrade things wit it. 10k is simple and no mats needed. Now to get more demonfire.

its also account wide, it works for every hero. which is why mr.blank, I need that earlier raid please >_>

New thread, same racist Kepow.

Thanks for the raids tonight, super friends. At least two members went through everything for their first time and rocked it. We did it, team!

Jean Grey is a freaking JOY to play as in a raid. So. Much. Fun. Dark Phoenix = face tanking bosses.

Also, Iron Fist is a day one splinter pick up for me. My most anticipated hero along with Fantomex. Make it happen, Gaz.

Volimar

I was really tempted to try raiding, but I was tired and I'm not feeling well. Not a good combination for someone with anxiety disorders on their first time raiding.

Is Odin Bounty event still running? I looked at the schedule and it doesn't specify an end does it? But it also doesn't go past today? So does the midtown buff just stay on? (Please gaz)

Ploid 3.0

Just ended and I went to sleep expecting to wake up to terminals but it's done. :(

I hope the next event is good. Now give me some splinters!

GManDH

Did you guys hear bout event this week? its a conch shell and hotdog event combined!!!!! doesnt sound amazing, but sounds good.

Ugh. Random hero boxes hate me. I got Rogue. :|
That would have been great. Had I not tried to get her from random hero boxes 4 times (all dupes except one, Hulk meh) before dropping 600 splinters on her.

The Bronx Zoo one-shot comes out today. Should be pretty great, based on the streaming footage.

They also hinted at the one-shot later this year (around Magneto's release) which will tie into the AXIS story line in the comics.

Red difficulty raid will be back on the Test Center Friday, so maybe we'll see that the following patch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm on the wall of shame! Hooray!

Top Bottom