• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - E3 2010 Full Trailer + Gameplay Videos

2&2 said:
Probably already noted, but they're using character models for the billboards in the Daily Bugle level.
In the official video #5, the Iron Man and Morrigan ones show-up about 1min in.
http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialMvC3#p/u/5/cp0vlyCCkQQ

Later on you see billboards for Chun-Li (1:30) and Spider-Man (1:55) which are most likely their in-game models.
Nice catch dude.

Like Ryu, Chun has her TvC styling with more polys. I didn't like her SF4 look, so this is good news.

Road said:
Need a Morrigan video where she doesn't get sent to the underworld in 10s.
Capcom are mysogynists and usually give female characters in fighting games less than average heath. It sucks.
One thing I like about Tekken is all characters have the same amount of HP.

Dali

I just realized Hulk even calls Iron Man "metal man" when he tags him in. He calls Captain America "Cap". It's going to be fun hearing him call out people who he hasn't already assigned a nickname to in the comics. Like will Felicia be "cat girl" and Morrigan "bat lady"?

Xiaoki

Yeah, it looks like MvsC2 with better graphics running at turbo 11.

If thats your thing then great. But I wasnt a fan of MvsC2 and super mega hyper turbo speed is even less appealing.

Well, it should at least sell a lot so heres to hoping Darkstalkers is next.

Dai Kaiju

There's one part in the trailer where Deadpool is getting raped by a crossover super and he yells "YOU PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON!!!!!". The word "down" appears on his side of the screen at the same time. Is that an oppurtunity to teleport out of it?

Dali

Dai Kaiju said:
There's one part in the trailer where Deadpool is getting raped by a crossover super and he yells "YOU PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON!!!!!". The word "down" appears on his side of the screen at the same time. Is that an oppurtunity to teleport out of it?
He was beaten or 'downed'. He says that when he dies.

Xiaoki said:
Yeah, it looks like MvsC2 with better graphics running at turbo 11.

If thats your thing then great. But I wasnt a fan of MvsC2 and super mega hyper turbo speed is even less appealing.

Well, it should at least sell a lot so heres to hoping Darkstalkers is next.

Isnt that how most fighting game sequels though?

Ashkeloth

Hell yeah!

I can forsee many of my days (and nights) being spent watching tourneys of this being played, and this may be the first team battle style game that I actually sit down and learn the mechanics of.

That said, the only character I can see in the game that I like the fighting style of so far is Deadpool. Hop to it Capcom, give me Strider back to coincide with the new Strider game you've been secretly developing for the last five years.
A man can dream, can he not? ;*(

JaseMath

Ho. Lee. Shit. :eek:

This is the first trailer I've really seen; I blacked myself out 'til now, and, again...fuckme.

I don't care what you think. This is Game of the Show. You could give it to me as is and I would probably think it's amazing. Holy shit January or February cannot come soon enough.

In the Gamespot live stuff today, they were talking about how if Deadpool teleports too much, it starts to mess up and he can take damage. I think there's a lot of depth to this game even in this build that we aren't seeing. :D

Oh man that was an awesome trailer! I knew something wasn't right when there was no funnies with Dante vs Deadpool. Then Morrigan special attack... :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dali said:
I just realized Hulk even calls Iron Man "metal man" when he tags him in. He calls Captain America "Cap". It's going to be fun hearing him call out people who he hasn't already assigned a nickname to in the comics. Like will Felicia be "cat girl" and Morrigan "bat lady"?

Yeah. Cap calls Iron Man "Tony" as well.

Hype, I enjoyed seeing the gameplay, you can tell what the exchange button does at some parts and the other player countering it.

Raguel

YES YES YES!!!! Still not enjoying the shiny graphics, but i like the models better than SFV. The gameplay however, looks to be as crazy and fun as the previous installments. JIMP! And I can see myself going crazy with deadpool.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dali said:

Cap says Wolverine in one of the Famitsu videos.

Dormammu looks sick.

bathala said:
Viewtiful from one of those combo comment....

pretty much confirmed Joe?
The original Arcade Tatsunoko vs Capcom didn't have Viewtiful Joe, but it still had a "Viewtiful" combo tier if I remember correctly.

Dali

HK-47 said:
Cap says Wolverine in one of the Famitsu videos.

Dormammu looks sick.
Yeah that's a stock tag call. Most of the characters in the videos so far do a simple name call of whoever they are tagging in. I image the majority are going to be like that. Since Hulk is a lumbering buffoon I was interesting in what sort of unique calls he was going to have for characters outside the Marvel universe or those he's yet to give a nickname to within that universe.

Is that Nolan North I hear as deadpool?:D

Its even MORE over the top than MVC2. They seem to be trying to mix Anime with Comic book art to make a new unique look. I like it, but I would have probably prefered that they just had each side have their own artstyle still that's not important, what is important is kicking ass online.

HK-47 said:
Dormammu looks sick.

His cosmic bombastic appearance engulfed the hype-train and hurled it into a dimensional vortex of unforeseen expectations.

Deadpool was nice too. BANG BANG BANG

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
chris redfield "SUCK IT!"

sold.

game looks incredible in motion (aside from ironman). now just give me more darkstalkers, such as lord raptor and hsien ko.

Threi

notag
Wow the game's system is very similar to TvC, the difference being the third added teammate. Even the speed is the same.

Do want

*edit*

PINEAPPLES!

Kimosabae

Banned
I hate, HATE the TvC Ryu model. He looks so absolutely vanilla and bereft of any distinguishing detail. Not inspired AT ALL, especially when standing next to the rest of the cast.

Jesus, tatter his clothing, puts some scuff marks on his knees... ANYTHING.

Ken better be in this game, and he better not look anything like Ryu.

Top Bottom