• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - E3 2010 Full Trailer + Gameplay Videos

ryu
chun
bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm
cyclops
magneto
spider
venom
hulk
iron
ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull
strange
dormammu
deadpool
marvel

Apparently taken from the page source of marvelvscapcom3.com

Varjet

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
joe

So is that Viewtiful Joe or Super Joe?
He's not listed together with the other Megaman characters, so it's definitely not Sniper Joe:lol

edit:
Oh shit, Haggar?

ReiGun

*snip*
I'm guessing "marvel" is Ms. Marvel. Damn good list from my view. Hopefully Roll is TvC Broom O' Doom Roll. Otherwise, I can't do my dream team of Roll, Dr. Strange, and Spider-Man (speaking of which, Top-Tier Spider-Man or BUST!)

Also, I'm a bit bothered by how dark the game's art looks. I know it's to match the comic book style, but I still wish they'd brighten the colors up a bit.

Varjet said:
So is that Viewtiful Joe or Super Joe?
He's not listed together with the other Megaman characters, so it's definitely not Sniper Joe:lol
Joe from SF1?

Nah, I'm willing to bet it's Veiwtiful Joe.

Dali

ryu
chun
bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm
cyclops
magneto
spider
venom
hulk
iron
ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull
strange
dormammu
deadpool
marvel

Too much Megaman universe. I'd be happy with no representatives, but if they must they could have limited it to one. I know "never gonna happen" but whatever.

Also is "Mike", Mike Haggar? :)

Who is Joe?

edit:

Oh probably VJ

I want to prepare myself for this. Would TvC be a good game to practice with? I never really tried to get good at VS games before.

Threi said:
TvC Roll would be great to troll people with.

Keep Zero far, far, FAR away from any future VS game.
I love TvC Roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpaI5E_NrU4

BotoxAgent said:
I want to prepare myself for this. Would TvC be a good game to practice with? I never really tried to get good at VS games before.
TvC would be a perfect game to practice with. The speed is the same and the system looks almost identical (A B C + Partner, Megacrash, etc)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Prime crotch said:
what a fucking awful roster on Capcom's side, at least Dante and Arthur got in
Yeah way too many multiple series entries. And no Rad Spencer? Thought he would be a cool addition =(

Xater

_dementia said:
Joe is probably Viewtiful Joe.
His moveset is complete thanks to TvC so it's close to no additional work for a free character.

Oh right that makes even more sense.

Dali

Prime crotch said:
what a fucking awful roster on Capcom's side, at least Dante and Arthur got in
Yeah... I agree. It's probably too much to ask for more of their older IP's though now that this game is going to be a blockbuster for the masses. That was one of the great things about MvC2; They included a lot of lesser-known characters or characters that had not been in the limelight in a while like Jin, Hayato, and Sonson (a relative of a character nobody knows). Even Captain Commando wasn't very current by the time the game released.

Here's hoping this list is just wrong or very far from complete. We need more Darkstalkers, more old school, more obscure, maybe a couple of originals, some Rival Schools, and most importantly less Megaman.

I'm fine with the roster. If anything, fewer dudes means better chance for a balanced product.

Assuming the leaked list is true, anyone have a prelim team lined up yet?

This looks really amazing. I haven't played the first two but it really upsets me that I can't get my head around these fighting games enough to be remotely good at them :lol My time spent online with SF4 was pretty miserable.

Grecco said:
Hoping that capcom list isn't final not enough pw also almost half are tvc repeats
efficiency dude

They're probably reusing what they have to ensure more Marvel characters. I guess we'll find out in due time.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
rockman zx said:
uh, let's hope is Zero from the Zero series and not the TvsC Roll.
TvC Roll is amazing.

Needs less Zero and moar Protoman imo. Classic series or bust. Always.

Still holding out hope for a Dan Hibiki + Deadpool tag team.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how is the speed of TvC compared to MvC2? how "button mashy" is it vs MvC2?

i never liked how fast MvC2 was (nor how my friends mashed my arcade sticks to death playing it :lol ) but Dr Strange and Chris Redfield are in this game apparently.

_dementia said:
Assuming the leaked list is true, anyone have a prelim team lined up yet?

Dr Strange
Chris Redfield
Arthur/Thor/Captain America

Patriots7

I really wish Capcom didn't shoehorn TvC characters into the game. It would have been awesome if they had used different characters from their franchises, like Ken, Sakura, ___, instead of Ryu and Chun Li again. (Although I guess thy are the most recongnizable SF characters)

Oh well, at least cyclops made it in. I don't know what I'm going to do without Cable. Or Gambit. Or Captain Commando. Chris lacks a viper beam to be useful.

Hope marvel refers to Captain Marvel

Zabka

Marvel side looks way more interesting, especially with Thor and Dr. Strange.

Deadpool needs to be a secret character in the next DMC.

Patriots7 said:
I really wish Capcom didn't shoehorn TvC characters into the game. It would have been awesome if they had used different characters from their franchises, like Ken, Sakura, ___, instead of Ryu and Chun Li again. (Although I guess thy are the most recongnizable SF characters)

Oh well, at least cyclops made it in. I don't know what I'm going to do without Cable. Or Gambit. Or Captain Commando. Chris lacks a viper beam to be useful.

Captain marvel died of cancer back in the 1970s! Why on earth would they put him in?

I know there were bizarre cameos, like his timewarp appearance in the negative zone, and a skrull brainwashed to "be" him...but those are stretching it.

ReiGun

jon bones said:
how is the speed of TvC compared to MvC2? how "button mashy" is it vs MvC2?

i never liked how fast MvC2 was (nor how my friends mashed my arcade sticks to death playing it :lol ) but Dr Strange and Chris Redfield are in this game apparently.
TvC is quite fast in it's own right, but still slower than Marvel by a good degree. The combos can be pretty long, but the slower pace of the game means that your friends probably aren't going to destroy your sticks pressing the buttons at lightning speed.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Patriots7 said:

Ms. Marvel or Marvel Girl would be more likely.

Degen

ryu
chun
bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm
cyclops
magneto
spider
venom
hulk
iron
ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull
strange
dormammu
deadpool
marvel

They learned nothing from the TvC site and fucked it up again!? :lol

I3rand0

I love all the videos I've seen so far, but that cast leak is pretty dissappointing, especially on the Capcom side (Trish? Why no Strider?)

Kimosabae said:
God, there's a ton of bitching already about the roster and that's probably incomplete assuming it's legit.

there's over 30 characters, it's very much complete, for the first iteration, if it pans out I'm betting they'll add more character post-release

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Almost no one refers to Jean Grey as Marvel Girl anymore, plus Ms Marvel has gotten a lot more exposure recently, so I'm guessing her.

Top Bottom