• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - E3 2010 Full Trailer + Gameplay Videos

NeonZ

Hm... I've checked the source code of the marvelvscapcom3 site, but couldn't find anything like that leaked list.

Now, Capcom might just have fixed the leak, but they seemingly don't even have a character section up yet. Why would there be a full character list even in the site's code? In the TvC case, didn't that happen when the site was already updating the character section?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
evil ways said:
Captain Swoooooooord!!

:.(

but anyways, my only disappointments in the list aside from Commando's absence is the 3 mega man characters. Never been a fan of the vollnut series.

MvsC's mega man was awesome cause he was small, child like and iconic, plus seeing mazinga wings on him during his super was awesome.

Nah the three characters will be from different MM series like MM was from Legends, Roll was from OG and Zero from X in TvC.

What I notice from that list is the "Alt" tags on some of them, so it safe to assume they are just variations of the one they are an alt of. Like the whole Fox/Falco/Wolf Mario/Luigi Ness/Lucus stuff in smash bros, same moves different effects/power.

Meaning if the list is true could mean Virgil is a Dante Alt though I am curious as to why Trish over him. However what really sets off my whiskers is Wesker in that list without an alt tag. Wesker is resident evil do so wouldnt he just be a chris clone? Unless it is Zombie Wesker or something. The other thing is what is the "Chuck" alt on frank? Chuck Norris? :lol

MoxManiac

ChronicleX said:
What I notice from that list is the "Alt" tags on some of them, so it safe to assume they are just variations of the one they are an alt of. Like the whole Fox/Falco/Wolf Mario/Luigi Ness/Lucus stuff in smash bros, same moves different effects/power.

Meaning if the list is true could mean Virgil is a Dante Alt though I am curious as to why Trish over him. However what really sets off my whiskers is Wesker in that list without an alt tag. Wesker is resident evil do so wouldnt he just be a chris clone? Unless it is Zombie Wesker or something. The other thing is what is the "Chuck" alt on frank? Chuck Norris? :lol

No? Wesker has all kinds of virus-enabled super powers and shit. He'll (if he's in) be nothing like Chris.

NeonZ

So... doing a quick search... That list came from gamefaqs, and was written by a user who claimed that the list was only available while the Japanese site was being updated, and disappeared right afterwards. This "list" apparently also had alternate character costumes, even though the Tatsunoko vs Capcom one didn't include a listing for the silver robot.

I really think it's fake, although it should be mostly correct anyway, considering how "safe" it was and several characters are very likely due to the shadows and tatsunoko recycling.

Dali

NeonZ said:
So... doing a quick search... That list came from gamefaqs, and was written by a user who claimed that the list was only available while the Japanese site was being updated, and disappeared right afterwards. This "list" apparently also had alternate character costumes, even though the Tatsunoko vs Capcom one didn't include a listing for the silver robot.

I really think it's fake, although it should be mostly correct anyway, considering how "safe" it was and several characters are very likely due to the shadows and tatsunoko recycling.
I'm gonna bank on the hope (and prayer) that that list is complete shit. I'd like to think Capcom has a little more brains than to exclude a fan favorite like Strider and also ignore some of their more awesome, fighting-game-ready characters like Gene or interesting designs like Amaterasu.

We're even missing Ken, ffs, and this is supposed to be the American Tatsucap. Not that I'd like to see anymore oft-used SF characters, but Bison and no Ken?

edit:
And no Rogue? A chance to really do her powers justice via the flexibility provided by a 3D model versus a sprite and they decide to completely forgo her inclusion in a generally sausage-heavy Marvel side? Yeah... no.

TreIII

Dali said:
I'm gonna bank on the hope (and prayer) that that list is complete shit. I'd like to think Capcom has a little more brains than to exclude a fan favorite like Strider and also ignore some of their more awesome, fighting-game-ready characters like Gene or interesting designs like Amaterasu.

We're even missing Ken, ffs, and this is supposed to be the American Tatsucap. Not that I'd like to see anymore oft-used SF characters, but Bison and no Ken?

At least Dictator offers a truly unique fighting style, and is an iconic, familiar character all the while. That's not exactly the same thing we can say for Ken or Akuma. :lol

If we really wanted to load up the roster with more "Shotos", I would have rather had some one like Dimitri, Roy Bromwell, or Batsu (again). More series representation and they still have more outright playstyle variety than the divergence that exists between Ryu and his "Uppercut Brothers".

But any way, yeah. That roster is pretty darn boring in my opinion. But sadly, in wake of TvC, I could almost see that being real. Ah well...if worse comes to worse, I can still hold out hope for Vampire/Darkstalkers 4 some time this century. :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
I fail to see how Ken or Akuma even, are not AT LEAST as iconic as Bison. Hell, I'd wager Bison hardly even registers in the mainstream consciousness at all.

I bet the list is fake.

But even if it was real, I would expect this to be like MvC2 in that the final roster is like twice the size of the announced roster.

hiryu

I think that list is pretty good except for the lack of Strider. Thor, Arthur, and Dr. Strange make me really happy.

Manus

Kimosabae said:
I fail to see how Ken or Akuma even, are not AT LEAST as iconic as Bison. Hell, I'd wager Bison hardly even registers in the mainstream consciousness at all.

Yet Akuma and Ken are basically clones of Ryu. Give me Bison over them any day.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't get the Trish inclusion. Given that they chose DMC3 Dante, it'd make more sense to include Lady which would have been great given her grapple hook, Kalina Ann and handguns.

Kimosabae said:
They probably did it for some parity with Marvel in the villain factor.

MechaX

Eh. There goes my hopes for the more off-beat Capcom characters (BoF Ryu or Nina, Phoenix Wright as the Roll-joke character, and some Clover characters like Amaterasu or some God Hand characters).

Dali

Kimosabae said:
I'm not saying they aren't of equal notoriety. I'm saying the posterchild Shoto for a game that's likely geared to an American audience should be Ken. But moreover I was saying I could do without a bunch of tired SF characters to begin with. Chun Li and Ken is really all you need. Bison is tolerable if they feel they need to include him for story purposes, but I can think of about a million other more impressive Capcom villains I'd rather have in his place as the overarching Capcom baddie.

TreIII

Kimosabae said:

Perhaps you misunderstood.

The point of my statement was to showcase how Dictator meets the requisites of being:
a) iconic
WHILE ALSO
b) possessing a wholly unique playstyle

Ken and Akuma are indeed iconic, but they don't exactly meet that other notion relating to point B. That's it.

Magnus

rockman zx said:
uh, let's hope is Zero from the Zero series and not the TvsC Roll.

Oh hell no. MMX Zero please, not that chibi crap from the Zero series. No contest

mega-man-x5--zero.jpg
vs
normal_zero1.jpg

Korey

Dali said:
I'm not saying they aren't of equal notoriety. I'm saying the posterchild Shoto for a game that's likely geared to an American audience should be Ken. But moreover I was saying I could do without a bunch of tired SF characters to begin with. Chun Li and Ken is really all you need. Bison is tolerable if they feel they need to include him for story purposes, but I can think of about a million other more impressive Capcom villains I'd rather have in his place as the overarching Capcom baddie.
Man, you Ken people are really weird.

Dali said:
Ryu is way more popular than Ken in the US. It's not 1992 anymore.
Want proof? Assuming you are an American, just play SSFIV and set your region to "same" and play online a bit.

I doubt it's tier whoring too because if it ways they'd just pick Rufus.

Yeah I don't think that list is true because of the source, some random guy on Gamefaqs who conveniently forgot to take a screenshot and just so happened to disappear BEFORE he posted.

The TvC roster leak made sense though, this one seems too odd. No Rival Schools or Onimusha rep? Wolverine, Storm, AND Cyclops? Nope, way too fishy. Another point that exposes this as fake is that, if it's a Japanese site, Bison would be Vega (I could believe dictator, but the Boxer? Haha No.)

Maybe it's the same guy on Gamefaqs I remember trying to convince Speed Racer, Yattaro, Ammaterasu and Phoenix Wright were in TvC, and made a similar mistake.

About Ken. Yes he is iconic, but it seems from the media we've gotten so far, Capcom's straying far away from SF rep. I mean we know Chun-Li is in, but we haven't seen any official confirmation or footage of her yet. If we get more SF reps, we'll either get Bison as a playable villain, or a SFIII and or IV rep.

Dali

_dementia said:
Ryu is way more popular than Ken in the US. It's not 1992 anymore.
Want proof? Assuming you are an American, just play SSFIV and set your region to "same" and play online a bit.

I doubt it's tier whoring too because if it ways they'd just pick Rufus.
Ken looks like a total tool in SFIV. And surprise, surprise, one of the most complete characters with one of the coolest moves is popular. That's engineering and favoritism on Capcom's part trickling down to the user-level.

Korey

Dali said:
Ken looks like a total tool in SFIV. And surprise, surprise, one of the most complete characters with one of the coolest moves is popular. That's engineering and favoritism on Capcom's part trickling down to the user-level.

I'm happy with the roster if that's legit, although I really wanted Rad Spencer, or in my dream world, Gene from God Hand...

The only one that's a lock for my team is Dante. Magneto and Cyclops could be fun too.

Pirabear

Banned
I wonder how likely a Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara rep is. I know this will mainly be for an American audience, but Capcom might add them to cater to Japanese fans.

Jezan

rasberryjam said:
So long as Cable stays out of this game, I'll be happy. :D
Cable vs Chris!!!

Kimosabae said:
But Ken and Akuma are clones! I insist Complete Change Ryu! (or whatever it is called in MvC1)

NeonZ

Dali said:
And no Rogue? A chance to really do her powers justice via the flexibility provided by a 3D model versus a sprite and they decide to completely forgo her inclusion in a generally sausage-heavy Marvel side? Yeah... no.

I don't think Rogue will be in. The main problem is that her current incarnation is nothing like her older self, both in looks and powers. Stealing energy is still there, but she has lost the Ms. Marvel powerset (and, in this case, moveset) completely.

I don't think Marvel would like to see the Rogue from the 90s randomly inserted into this game. It's not just a matter of outfit change, unlike with Wolverine.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Rikyfree said:
I would say add Chuck Norris to this game, but then nobody would beat him.
Not to mention all the female characters would become unplayable due to pregnancy.

JWong

Banned
Manmademan said:
Captain marvel died of cancer back in the 1970s! Why on earth would they put him in?

I know there were bizarre cameos, like his timewarp appearance in the negative zone, and a skrull brainwashed to "be" him...but those are stretching it.
Hey to break it to ya...
that Captain Marvel is a skrull.

Anyways, it's a crossover game. No need to make sense.

"I'll never love you, Iceman!" "Now we must fight."

trish and zero have to go. volnutt should be replaced by megaman x or protoman too. i'd also remove roll and only leave 1 megaman character

instead of trish they should've had vergil. there are almost no villains on the capcom side and vergil is much more interesting

i think they should remove ryu and bison too. ryu always plays the same and worse of all is bottom tier, so it's basically a wasted character slot. and who cares about bison lol

Capcom side is a bit disappointing. Thought they were going to represent more of their franchises. This isn't even about obscure characters, Capcom has a lot of popular IPs.

Jezan

Dali said:
Do people still "love" characters based on the nationality of said characters?

And what's with the Megaman (any series) hate? Why do you want just 1 character from Megaman?

JWong

Banned
Green Biker Dude said:
trish and zero have to go. volnutt should be replaced by megaman x or protoman too. i'd also remove roll and only leave 1 megaman character

instead of trish they should've had vergil. there are almost no villains on the capcom side and vergil is much more interesting

i think they should remove ryu and bison too. ryu always plays the same and worse of all is bottom tier, so it's basically a wasted character slot. and who cares about bison lol
If there's a special scene when Dante beats Trish as a last character, I would be all for Trish.

"I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!"

Green Biker Dude said:

... Boy I'm glad you're not in charge

And you clearly haven't played TvC if you say Ryu's ALWAYS bottom tier.

Top Bottom