• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - E3 2010 Full Trailer + Gameplay Videos

Xater

_dementia said:
I'm fine with the roster. If anything, fewer dudes means better chance for a balanced product.

Assuming the leaked list is true, anyone have a prelim team lined up yet?

Based on this list I would like to play Deadpool, Dante and Spidey.

Xater

Jet Grind Radio! said:
The list is a bit underwhelming, especially Chuck and War Machine. I really didn't want any "palette swaps" in this.

I agree but I bet Warmachine was a Marvel request because of the movies.

No Gene or Amaterasu makes me sad :-(

But there's still room for more characters, aren't there supposed to be close to 40?

All that matters is that the team I wanted was in.

Dante
Deadpool
Wesker

depths20XX

I hope the Mega Man Volnutt thing isn't true. I really wish they would use Mega Man X instead. Roll doesn't need to be in this either.

Videos look really amazing. All of the effects are great, love the colors on Captain Americas super

Degen

War Machine would be awesome if he plays more like the movie version (bullets, bullets, bullets) than the Ironman downgrade that he was in MvC2.

Dali

I3rand0 said:
I love all the videos I've seen so far, but that cast leak is pretty dissappointing, especially on the Capcom side (Trish? Why no Strider?)
Trish is one of the least disappointing (of the disappointments). I don't particularly like her as an inclusion, but I can't argue with it. She's:

1)A character that hasn't reached annoying levels of exposure
2)One we've not had a chance to use so she'll be a breath of fresh air in nearly every way (DMC 2? There's no part two? You're crazy man.)
3)A unique pick that wasn't just a character at the top of a popularity poll.

With that said, DMC3 Lady would have been a much better choice simply because she looks cooler and her attacks would probably be more visually amazing. Or Lucia just because she'd be almost like an original made just for this game. Nero Angelo would have also been an awesome inclusion because his design is so unique, but I can understand him being absent as you've already got one sword-wielding demon guy.

Raptor, Akira, Ele, Blood or Bilstein, Skullomania, Ryu (BoF), Vanessa Z, Gene, Amaterasu, Gargant... the list of characters that Capcom has that have either a very distinct design, fighting style or both is nearly endless and they stack their side with mainstays.

Kimosabae

Banned
That chick from P.N. 03. She should've been in this.

I'll admit, that list deflated my hype a bit. I'm holding out hope. Could've sworn Seth mention numerous times there would be "well over 30 characters". Meh.

Kimosabae said:
That chick from P.N. 03. She should've been in this.

I'll admit, that list deflated my hype a bit. I'm holding out hope. Could've sworn Seth mention numerous times there would be "well over 30 characters". Meh.
Yeah, but Seth says a lot of things.

MoxManiac

Volnutt again? I wonder if this means a new Megaman Legends? I say that because Volnutt made sense for TvC since TvC was specifically seeking out obscure characters. but they seem to be keeping things mainstream/"relevant" for MvC3..if Haggar and Arthur are in this, new GnG and Final Fight? :eek:

War Machine will be okay if they change him up. Remember that the only reason he was in MvC1 at all was because they wanted Iron Man but there were licensing issues so they just changed his color and used WM.

And i'm dissapointed there are only five new Marvel newcomers. Assuming the list is true. Could be BS, even if it's from capcom themselves (they may be trolling us!)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ReiGun said:
TvC is quite fast in it's own right, but still slower than Marvel by a good degree. The combos can be pretty long, but the slower pace of the game means that your friends probably aren't going to destroy your sticks pressing the buttons at lightning speed.

awesome

DasRaven

Patrick Roy said:
Has a release date/period been announced? I want this now! Can't get enough of the gameplay videos.

The Amazon pre-order indicates an on sale date of 04/19/2011, but that's far from a guarantee.

Nils said:
Almost no one refers to Jean Grey as Marvel Girl anymore, plus Ms Marvel has gotten a lot more exposure recently, so I'm guessing her.

She's Marvel Girl in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

GatorBait

Well, I can definitely see Wesker in the new silhouette background on the official website. He is standing right next to Frank West.

Also, any word on if that character list is valid? All I know is that if it is, they better squeeze in some more characters before launch if they are re-using so many TvC characters. I mean, 2/3rds of their character's moves have to be ripped straight from MvC2 and TvC. I was actually a little disappointed when I saw the E3 footage and the Marvel characters were basically carbon copies of their MvC2 versions.

MoxManiac

GatorBait said:
Well, I can definitely see Wesker in the new silhouette background on the official website. He is standing right next to Frank West.

Also, any word on if that character list is valid? All I know is that if it is, they better squeeze in some more characters before launch if they are re-using so many TvC characters. I mean, 2/3rds of their character's moves have to be ripped straight from MvC2 and TvC. I was actually a little disappointed when I saw the E3 footage and the Marvel characters were basically carbon copies of their MvC2 versions.

I thought that was the best part, actually. I was really worried they'd change the way the marvel characters play. The old movesets are timeless and iconic, and need no change.

Ashkeloth

Reading that list, if it's true, I'm slightly dissapointed. Especially on the Capcom side of things.

I hate playing as all 3 of the SF characters they included, although I understand they're the most iconic ones in the series. That said, I already own SSF4, so I could play them anytime I like.

The Megaman characters are probably just straight rips from TvC, which I also own.

Never cared for Resident Evil or it's characters.

Dante is going to be the Ken of this game, and does anyone actually like Trish? Even Vergil or Nero would've been better.

Feel free to rip on me for this, but these 2 Darkstalkers characters seem to be in all crossover games. Today, Darkstalkers isn't exactly the most relevant fighting series and their spots could be better filled with more fan favourites.

If Joe is Viewtiful, then I expect another TvC rip, and he was a pretty bad character in that game. If they gave him better moves though, I may want to play as him at some point.

Frank and Chuck... Dead Rising? I dunno, they'll be sort of good joke characters I guess. That said, I would've liked to see Phoenix Wright included instead of him even in TvC.

If Mike is Mike Haggar, then that's pretty awesome. I hate playing as grapplers but know a lot of people like him.

Finally, Arthur, I assume for the Ghosts n' Goblins (Ghouls?) series. Not sure how most others feel on him, but he gets a pretty big meh from me.

If that list really is true, looks like I'll be using Deadpool, Spiderman, and Viewtiful Joe or Felicia

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ryu from BoF would be awesome and if they didnt want the name confusion Nina would be damn fun as well.

GhaleonQ

Hm. That's as cool as Marvel Versus Capcom 1's, I guess. *shrugs* Very, very few of my favorites, though. I hope 4 goes all out, since they're using 3-d models.

MoxManiac

It's still a damn sight better than MvC2's capcom roster of 15 street fighters + garbage characters like Amingo, Sonson and Ruby Heart.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
demosthenes said:
She's Marvel Girl in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

But she hasn't been Marvel Girl since 1986 in the comics. Not that it still couldn't happen, but I'd personally dislike it.

andymcc

Banned
i noticed that chuck and war machine have "_alt" beside of them, does that mean they're just alternate skins for existing characters?

arthur and haggar are fucking awesome. i really hope joe is in reference to Super Joe from Commando/Bionic Commando, but you all know as well as i do that it's a TvC character model. :lol

GatorBait

MoxManiac said:
I thought that was the best part, actually. I was really worried they'd change the way the marvel characters play. The old movesets are timeless and iconic, and need no change.
Yeah, I do know what you mean, but I think I would have preferred just a little bit of evolution in the characters. Actually, I take that back, because I did see some new moves out of Hulk and Iron Man. Keep the returning characters very similar to their past iterations, but add some slight changes or new moves so they don't feel like straight copy/pastes, sort of what has been done with certain Street Fighter characters.

evil ways

bathala said:
Awww no captain corridor :(
Captain Swoooooooord!!

:.(

but anyways, my only disappointments in the list aside from Commando's absence is the 3 mega man characters. Never been a fan of the vollnut series.

MvsC's mega man was awesome cause he was small, child like and iconic, plus seeing mazinga wings on him during his super was awesome.

MoxManiac

GatorBait said:
Yeah, I do know what you mean, but I think I would have preferred just a little bit of evolution in the characters. Actually, I take that back, because I did see some new moves out of Hulk and Iron Man. Keep the returning characters very similar to their past iterations, but add some slight changes or new moves so they don't feel like straight copy/pastes, sort of what has been done with certain Street Fighter characters.

To be fair, there are some subtle changes. Iron Man's repulsor blast comes out differently and I saw a new air normal that resembled his s.FP. Cap's shield slash has been reworked and his cartwheel is fullscreen now! Big WTF at no super armor for Hulk now, though.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
dante
trish

Apparently taken from the page source of marvelvscapcom3.com
Trish but no Vergil? W.T.F. Why does Capcom hate Vergil so much? Dude would wreck house in these type of games *sigh*

dbztrk

Boo! If that list is true. Capcom's side looks weak.

My dream list for Capcom's side would include.

Strider
Dimitri
Pyron
Lady

Jezan

depths20XX said:
I hope the Mega Man Volnutt thing isn't true. I really wish they would use Mega Man X instead. Roll doesn't need to be in this either.

Videos look really amazing. All of the effects are great, love the colors on Captain Americas super
Capcom should use 1 from each Megaman series ala SF. In that case they should add X from MegaMan X, Zero from the Zero series and Roll representing Mega Man. Tron Bonne instead of Volnutt.

And hopefully "marvel" means Ms. Marvel!!!

Top Bottom