• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Darkman M said:
The scary thing about Sentinel to me is his assist sure he does great damage, but his assist is annoying as fuck.
Fortunately, hitting Sentinel makes the drones vanish. Adjust your rushdown to make sure that you hit the assist and you can deal with it.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
QisTopTier said:
You are using akuma and wesker, either drop your whole team or stop pretending you have morals and play the game to rape people and win :D

Lol, yeah they can be cheap, but chun adds just that extra layer of cheesiness to the mix...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
... wait a minute.

When you defeat Galactus, he falls off the asteroid while clawing at it with his hands.

So where is he falling to in outer space.

wWw9u.jpg

Darkman M

Sixfortyfive said:
Fortunately, hitting Sentinel makes the drones vanish. Adjust your rushdown to make sure that you hit the assist and you can deal with it.

That's interesting didn't realize that, maybe i should use a beam assist to counter it our something.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kaijima said:
... wait a minute.

When you defeat Galactus, he falls off the asteroid while clawing at it with his hands.

http://i.imgur.com/wWw9u.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Deep space.

zon

Yay I'm starting to get some noob bnb's down with Dormammu, though for some reason I'm really inconsistent when I try to do j.M j.M j.H j.S. Usually the j.S just misses if I try all 3 attacks before j.S. I have no idea if it's just me fucking up timing or if there's some tactic I'm not aware of.

explodet

I want to put some time into Mahvel after a couple of hellish weeks with little opportunity for gaming. My Darkstalkers fanservice team has a perfect record so far (one win, zero losses) but I guess I'm in for a world of Sent spittin' if I go online now? Or should I not even bother and just try to counter-program the flavor of the week?

shaowebb

CozMick said:
Shadow Mode been released in the US yet? If so, how is it?

Easy as hitting a combo. Seriously. I took all three developers no sweat with ryu/haggar/spencer

I'm hoping they develop shadows of tourney guys who are generating stir early on. Justin Wong, Ry Ry, and Clakey D would be awesome and each has different stuff.

usea said:
My controller arrived finally.
pic

How should I map the buttons? This is gonna take some getting used to.
Remember that the shoulders on this are mapped L1 and R1 and that the two rightmost face buttons are L2 and R2

contrary to the Saturn and PS2 Saturn controller

map:
square = Light AT
triangle = Medium AT
L2 = Hard AT
X = Special
O = Partner 1
R2 = Partner 2

and do whatever you want with the soulders L1 and R1 (such as Light + Medium + Hard AT)

"I took it to be referencing the number of people using Sentinel.

99 cents. 99 sents."

It's because the game is cheap, folks. Don't make me explain the joke :(.

shaowebb

Teknopathetic said:

99 cents. 99 sents."

What do you mean?

<_<
>_>
DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!

zon said:
Yay I'm starting to get some noob bnb's down with Dormammu, though for some reason I'm really inconsistent when I try to do j.M j.M j.H j.S. Usually the j.S just misses if I try all 3 attacks before j.S. I have no idea if it's just me fucking up timing or if there's some tactic I'm not aware of.

Timing for j.(MMHS) is kinda touchy depending on what you used to launch your opponent in the first place.

Try and jump a split second after you launch your opponent, instead of right away. For me it's easier when the opponent is higher than me when I start the air combo.

LiK

Kaijima said:
... wait a minute.

wWw9u.jpg
Beat the game with X-23. You'll see.

Azure J

shaowebb said:
What do you mean?

<_<
>_>
DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!DISRUPTOR!

Needs more Hyper Sodium Force, HEEDEN MEESYLES, & Goddess Bracelet. :p

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Teknopathetic said:

99 cents. 99 sents."

/woosh motion

But now that I know, it's really funny.

Hugbot

explodet said:
I want to put some time into Mahvel after a couple of hellish weeks with little opportunity for gaming. My Darkstalkers fanservice team has a perfect record so far (one win, zero losses) but I guess I'm in for a world of Sent spittin' if I go online now? Or should I not even bother and just try to counter-program the flavor of the week?
Just play your team and figure out how to counter what the opponent is doing with the tools you have. If you see a weakness in your team, figure out a way to deal with it or sub in someone who can. If you play trying to counter-pick, you'll always be behind the curve.

zon

the_log_ride said:
Timing for j.(MMHS) is kinda touchy depending on what you used to launch your opponent in the first place.

Try and jump a split second after you launch your opponent, instead of right away. For me it's easier when the opponent is higher than me when I start the air combo.

I start with c.L c.M S before going into the air.

I'll keep your advice in mind when I sit down with it next time. Thanks. :)

Glix

explodet said:

Morrigans jumping S is BEASTLY against Sent. It even hits super armor, so you can really fuck him up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tekno its time to update your tag:

Teknopathetic
Now we can handle this like some gentlemen, or we can get into some old TENDERIZER shit.
(Today, 06:11 PM)
Reply | Quote

explodet said:
Don't call it that, I might never feel like practicing if I think of them as just fanservice.

usea

gutter_trash said:
Remember that the shoulders on this are mapped L1 and R1 and that the two rightmost face buttons are L2 and R2

contrary to the Saturn and PS2 Saturn controller

map:
square = Light AT
triangle = Medium AT
L2 = Hard AT
X = Special
O = Partner 1
R2 = Partner 2

and do whatever you want with the soulders L1 and R1 (such as Light + Medium + Hard AT)
Thanks. This sounds logical to me. Hopefully I won't have trouble adjusting to doing DPs on the dpad.. I'm off to try it.

shaowebb

AzureJericho said:
Needs more Hyper Sodium Force, HEEDEN MEESYLES, & Goddess Bracelet. :p

Oh God...that reminds me of last night. Some guy loved to talk a lot of trash over the mic as he played and to his credit he was fair, but he had no idea how to deal with Haggar. Well, the guy resorts to non stop spam of hadokens and zero's crescent slashy laser thingies.

He wins on time out due to slight chip being in his favor and proceeds to talk about how God he is.

I played as Sentinel/Magneto/Ironman with every assist set to projectiles after this to teach him a lesson about spam.

I didn't need it though. I wiped his whole team by spamming Hyper Sentinel Force. Went on the mic as he kept screaming at me and said "Spam doesn't equal good, son. Never try to act like it does."

Hopefully the lil douche learned his lesson and never thinks that mashing fierce to get lasers equates to genius strategy, though likely the little shit switched to Sentinel to attempt that garbage on a 9th lord. I'd love to see what would happen to him if he tried.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jinfash said:
Dear god, MThanded, shouldn't you be studying and writing papers?!
He is writing papers about Sentinel and Phoenix.

Dreavus

At the risk of sounding foolish, where do I find Shadow mode? Can't seem to find it on the PSN store... is it up on the PS3 yet?

usea

Nose Master said:
That Hulk thing is with damage on High. Doesn't even kill the assists with a level 1 XFC.
Not to mention how much meter everybody has, considering they're at full health. It's training mode shenanigans.

Delay your superjump after launching.

I took it to be referencing the number of people using Sentinel.

99 cents. 99 sents.
*gasp* - I get it now!

Oh. I like El Sloth's explanation more...

Hsien-ko gong spam while calling in Dark Harmonizer assist. See how long Sentinel feels like spamming lasers while you gain bar after bar.

Hopefully the lil douche learned his lesson and never thinks that mashing fierce to get lasers equates to genius strategy, though likely the little shit switched to Sentinel to attempt that garbage on a 9th lord. I'd love to see what would happen to him if he tried.
It would probably work, since almost everyone is bad at the game still. I play Sentinel/Dormammu/Doom, and I'm convinced I could beat most 6th Lords (what I'm at) with lasers and missiles still, because when I do it, they go down just like the Fighters and Rookies do. I don't do this normally though, because it tends to lead to sloppy play; I get so content hitting the s.H, c.H, A1 buttons in sequence that when my opponent gets in I'm just kind of in a mashing daze. I don't even use lasers unless the opponent has a sliver of health left - then he is going to get chipped out. I'm not trying to brag at all, because there's absolutely no skill involved in the above. I am trying to say that rank means nothing.

Two things: People online do not know how to deal with Hulk's standing H.

Also, does anyone know what Ranger/Judge/Lord means? I though it had to do with record, but then I saw a judge who was like 95-20.

Hugbot

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Two things: People online do not know how to deal with Hulk's standing H.

Also, does anyone know what Ranger/Judge/Lord means? I though it had to do with record, but then I saw a judge who was like 95-20.
It has to do with the chart it shows at the end of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom