• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

I still can't get the 10th mission for wolverine. I can do everything but call in my partner to continue the combo. I tried slowing down my inputs so that I would be lower, but I still can't figure it out. Anyone want to give me some tips.

TheFatOne said:
I still can't get the 10th mission for wolverine. I can do everything but call in my partner to continue the combo. I tried slowing down my inputs so that I would be lower, but I still can't figure it out. Anyone want to give me some tips.

I haven't done any of the wolverine's combos, but all of the assist combos that I've found, you want to press the assist at the same time as the previous button.

So if it says L, M, Assist 1, H, you want to press M+Assist 1 at the same time and continue the H as if it were one straight combo.

Grifter

Anyone maining Viper? I started a team with her and love her open combo options in this game but I'm not consistently getting in to apply mixups given her range.

I went to a tourney this weekend and of ~35 entrants, maybe 2 others didn't have Sentinel on the team. In my losses, I managed to handle my opponents' teams before getting eaten up by Sent comebacks. I need to adjust how I play against him.

Try watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKQ-F8r-VTo

In general, the trick with post-aerial assists is to make sure you complete your air combo as low to the ground as possible, allowing you to land faster and get the assist off in time.

So this is something that I was thinking about back when I was starting to get tired of SSFIV and I was thinking of ways to spruce it up and I still think it would be a really good idea for MvC 3.

That being after they first clean up all the obvious missing crap (spectator mode and what not) they could add in a weekly playlist mode to go along with ranked and player modes. In this mode they could set specific rules on the characters allowed and other gameplay aspects, other than that it would function like ranked mode currently does. Each week (or month or whatever) they could take the top 10% ranked (rank specific to the weekly playlist performance, not overall rank) players give them a special icon or something and then roll out a new set of weekly rules and reset everyone's ranks in the weekly playlist back to zero. I'd compare it to FPS games like Halo where they have a rotating playlist for odd stuff like Rocket Race or Zombies.

A few examples that I was thinking of for weekly playlists (just one at a time):

Character limits:
Capcom only
Marvel only
Girls only
No repeat teams - If you win a match you are then not allowed to use that same combination of characters again in the weekly challenge (same characters and just changing order / assists would also not be allowed)

Gameplay changes:
Quick Start - Damage set to low, teams all start with full five levels of hyper
1 vs 1 - Damage set to very low, both assists start off dead on each team
Rushdown City - Active characters have health drain at a level a little bit less than Dark Phoenix, gotta move quick
Assistance Needed - Assist cooldown time reduced by 50%

Just a few ideas that I had. Sure some of them would end up totally broken, with infinites and other crazy crap going on, but they would just be around for a week, so it would all just be part of the fun. I've had my most fun with marvel actually just playing around and goofing off with friends, while finding ranking to be pretty frustrating at times. I think the weekly playlist would help to encourage character diversity and the gameplay changes would give you a fun new gameplay system tweak / wrinkle to explore every so often. What do you think GAF? Good idea?

beatsan

Neo Member
I main her as well. I'm using Viper, Morrigan, and Doom (in that order).

I have a hard time getting in against opponents with lots of zoning options. She is beast once you get in though. She has many options, but I guess you may have to know what your opponent's tendencies are before you can fully apply them.

I hate Chris Redfield's flame thrower and Dante's Anti-Air Assist (the guitar thing). I can ex-tk through the flame thrower for big damage tho. Always satisfying.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I'm in so much trouble if they ever patch Haggar's H Violent Axe to not be able to link directly into another H Violent Axe. *lol*

dankir

_dementia said:
I think it plays Take you for a Ride on character select.

It also changes the some of the in game sounds. Like when you activate a Level 3 hyper. There's a different dramatic sound when you set the dynamic theme.

Also one of the options will only play the stage music while you're fighting. Whereas the other one will play the character music and switch as new characters are swapped in.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So what are the so called 'events' ?
Some of the locked titles say : Beat event #x to get this title.

Grifter

The Take You for a Ride mixes play at random when we do vs. mode, I assumed all of the mode character select screens do this.

GrayFoxPL said:
Characters talk in gentlemanly manner. "Have at you." and so
on.
I thought you were joking but there is a lot of "suck it" and "goddamnit" going on.

Darklord

Banned
I sick of people spamming near the end of a game. Oh, you might die? Too even of a match? Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam win. Like how the fuck can Hulk get out of the way of constant spam?

Darklord said:
I sick of people spamming near the end of a game. Oh, you might die? Too even of a match? Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam win. Like how the fuck can Hulk get out of the way of constant spam?
Yeah they should just let you win.

LakeEarth

Darklord said:
Like how the fuck can Hulk get out of the way of constant spam?
He doesn't. Every character has his disadvantages. Hulk, Haggar and Tron's problem is that they are shit against zoners. If all you have left is one of these characters, you have to work hard to get through that shit.

RZI

explodet said:
WHOO 5 ranked game win streak trophy on my first 5 games!
tumblr_lgwmj3Z0nV1qgp7t8o1_500.jpg

So glad I don't have to stress about that, now I can just play online to have fun.

Hahaa, I did the same thing last night. I was ecstatic, because I usually suck at fighting games.

Darklord said:
Hulk has 2 supers that can get through spam.

Poor Hsien-Ko has no ways to get around a good spammer without taking massive damage :( (using her super)

RZI said:
Hahaa, I did the same thing last night. I was ecstatic, because I usually suck at fighting games.

Screw you both. Last night I reached 4x streak on two separate occasions, and lost the 5th (Both losses to crazy high-lvl players, too)

the_log_ride said:
Screw you both. Last night I reached 4x streak on two separate occasions, and lost the 5th (Both losses to crazy high-lvl players, too)

I am very fortunate to have gotten the win five in a row achievement a couple days after the game came out...I haven't been able to win at all lately :/

It's almost like picking a huge, slow character with the highest damage in the game and second-highest life total has a drawback. Seriously though, use Gamma Wave. It beats most projectiles in the game.

He doesn't. Every character has his disadvantages. Hulk, Haggar and Tron's problem is that they are shit against zoners. If all you have left is one of these characters, you have to work hard to get through that shit.
Tron? Air dash, drill-dash, 10 hit point rock throw command normal Tron?

Purification tower
Move. Purification takes a full half-second to come out. If Dormammu can consistently hit you with them, you need to stop sitting in one place and being predictable. Hsien-ko's projectiles might not be the best, but Dormammu's Dark Matter loses to everything - feel free to toss one his way. He can snuff it with normals though, so don't rely on it too much.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Darklord said:

Marvel is the definition of controlling vast areas of space with projectiles and zoning attacks. I realize that so-called "spamming" can be frustrating at times in the heat of battle and I've been there. But it's a bit like complaining that theres too many bullets in the air in a first person shooter. STOP SHOOTING SO MUCH YOU GUYS! YOU SUCK!

I hate to say it, but running the clock down and keepaway are valid tactics. The goal is to win and save yourself from taking damage at all costs. If someone retreats and starts tossing junk in clutch, I just take it to mean their gameplan has expired and if you get through their defensive screen, they're yours for the taking.

Vanish

is it just me or can anyone else just not find any ranked matches anymore. ever since yesterday around late afternoon, i cant find any at all. doesnt matter if i do it through the online section, or if i wait around in training with fight request turned on, nobody ever shows up. player match is no problem.

GrayFoxPL

Grifter said:
The Take You for a Ride mixes play at random when we do vs. mode, I assumed all of the mode character select screens do this.

I thought you were joking but there is a lot of "suck it" and "goddamnit" going on.

I was joking :eek: .

Yo Marvel GAF!

While trying to prepare for a tourney at my college (first prize is a 3DS with Super SF4 3D!), I have been having an identity crisis with this game.
Since release I have rolled with Dormammu, Hsien-Ko, and Chun Li/X-23 but lately my team has been getting bodied consistently by pretty much everyone on Xbox Live. Dormammu is good, but I have been having trouble catching folks in his traps. Lei-Lei has that amazing invincible assist, but when she is on point...I just don't know what to do. The third on my team has always been flimsy and I really don't know who to put there. I like have Chun/X-23 for rushdown but I am not a combo fiend (yet) so they usually end up not helping all that much.

I need some help
Is there something wrong with this team?
What characters could improve my success rate?

Oh and if any of you are available for training I should be on Live tonight ready to get my scrubby ass kicked :)

Vanish said:
is it just me or can anyone else just not find any ranked matches anymore. ever since yesterday around late afternoon, i cant find any at all. doesnt matter if i do it through the online section, or if i wait around in training with fight request turned on, nobody ever shows up. player match is no problem.

I do this: fight request in the lab, region same, language english, rank any. Get matches in seconds.

NinajHeartless said:
Yo Marvel GAF!

Are you running Dorm on point? I'm not very good myself, but my Trish/Dorm/Hulk team got quite a bit better when I moved Dorm off of point and into the second position. Gives you a chance to clear a little space before you bring him in and you don't have to start the match with Wolverine or Dante right there next to you.

Mrcapcom

NinajHeartless said:
Yo Marvel GAF!

While trying to prepare for a tourney at my college (first prize is a 3DS with Super SF4 3D!), I have been having an identity crisis with this game.
Since release I have rolled with Dormammu, Hsien-Ko, and Chun Li/X-23 but lately my team has been getting bodied consistently by pretty much everyone on Xbox Live. Dormammu is good, but I have been having trouble catching folks in his traps. Lei-Lei has that amazing invincible assist, but when she is on point...I just don't know what to do. The third on my team has always been flimsy and I really don't know who to put there. I like have Chun/X-23 for rushdown but I am not a combo fiend (yet) so they usually end up not helping all that much.

I need some help

Oh and if any of you are available for training I should be on Live tonight ready to get my scrubby ass kicked :)

Add me GT MrCapcom I suck too! lol

Darklord

Banned
Kaijima said:
Marvel is the definition of controlling vast areas of space with projectiles and zoning attacks. I realize that so-called "spamming" can be frustrating at times in the heat of battle and I've been there. But it's a bit like complaining that theres too many bullets in the air in a first person shooter. STOP SHOOTING SO MUCH YOU GUYS! YOU SUCK!

I hate to say it, but running the clock down and keepaway are valid tactics. The goal is to win and save yourself from taking damage at all costs. If someone retreats and starts tossing junk in clutch, I just take it to mean their gameplan has expired and if you get through their defensive screen, they're yours for the taking.

No, it's like complaining of a person who sits in the corner mashing a button doing the same thing over and over. Oh yeah, they do complain, it's a camper.

TheFightingFish said:
Are you running Dorm on point? I'm not very good myself, but my Trish/Dorm/Hulk team got quite a bit better when I moved Dorm off of point and into the second position. Gives you a chance to clear a little space before you bring him in and you don't have to start the match with Wolverine or Dante right there next to you.

I was doing that for a while, but then put him on point...that may in fact be part of my problem...thanks :)

zlatko

Banned
Anyone run Taskmaster on point? Wondering what his pros/cons are and what kind of playstyle you use to get him to open people up.

Today I'm going to go into the lab with Tron, Sent, Doom as well as throwing in Taskmaster into either Tron or Dooms slot to see what results I can produce.

Darkman M

I beat a guy 6 times straight and the last two matches he beats me and teebags me after his wins and leaves LOL. I don't know why, but something about that brought the rage and i sent him a nasty message.

Alucrid

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
Yo Marvel GAF!

I need some help

Well I do have Sentinel on my team. No better practice than that. :lol

GT is the same as my username. I might be on later tonight after I play some squash. You better win that 3DS. Shit. Why doesn't my school have a MvC3 tourney with a 3DS as a prize?

zlatko said:
Anyone run Taskmaster on point? Wondering what his pros/cons are and what kind of playstyle you use to get him to open people up.

Today I'm going to go into the lab with Tron, Sent, Doom as well as throwing in Taskmaster into either Tron or Dooms slot to see what results I can produce.

Hells yeah I do. His b.C negates projectiles and has good mid range. You can combo after that. His normals moves have good priority. For me it's mainly about zoning with qcf l or qcf m in the air with Sents guardian up-forward assist to lock them down. When they get in it's all about smart blocking or using B which hits twice so it's good for hit confirmation before launching into a combo. I'm no expert though, so take my opinions with a grain of mortons.

Ferrio

Banned
zlatko said:

Bastard is too damn good at both rushing and zoning. I still can't figure out a good way to punish his blockstrings that incorporate spidey swing. Pushback usually doesn't give me much breathing room.

Then when he's zoning his projectiles do so much damage, and a shit load of block damage.

zlatko

Banned
Ferrio said:
Bastard is too damn good at both rushing and zoning. I still can't figure out a good way to punish his blockstrings that incorporate spidey swing. Pushback usually doesn't give me much breathing room.

Then when he's zoning his projectiles do so much damage, and a shit load of block damage.

I saw some combo videos over on SRK with him to do 911K damage with 1 hyper meter. He can also do a ton of OTG without the use of assists to keep loops going. He was building tons of meter throughout these long combos.

Good to hear he's good at rushing down and zoning. I like to have characters that are monsters at rushing down, but can have fair zoning as an option when getting in is just not happening.

Which of his assists is the top dollar choice?

Alucrid said:
Well I do have Sentinel on my team. No better practice than that. :lol

GT is the same as my username. I might be on later tonight after I play some squash. You better win that 3DS. Shit. Why doesn't my school have a MvC3 tourney with a 3DS as a prize?

I know right, me and the girlfriend can't really afford to buy a 3DS so this is our shot to get one relatively close to release for free. Really really hoping that everyone there has no idea what they are doing.

Vanish

robut said:
I do this: fight request in the lab, region same, language english, rank any. Get matches in seconds.

ive been doing that and it used to work but since yesterday, i get nothing at all, no matter how long im in the lab, even if i change region and language any.

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:
Move. Purification takes a full half-second to come out. If Dormammu can consistently hit you with them, you need to stop sitting in one place and being predictable. Hsien-ko's projectiles might not be the best, but Dormammu's Dark Matter loses to everything - feel free to toss one his way. He can snuff it with normals though, so don't rely on it too much.

Moving with Hsein-ko's movement sucks, so it's a pain. Also tossing shit at Dormammu is asking to eat that insanely fast super.

So far I've been keeping Hsein-ko in the wings for assist. When she's the last character I pop Xfactor, and her mobility is no longer a problem and she can hold her own quite well then.

zlatko said:
Which of his assists is the top dollar choice?

Ask niu-niu or Q in this thread. Both are very good Task players, and I've eaten those types of combos you mentioned from both them many times.

Alucrid

Banned
Vanish said:
ive been doing that and it used to work but since yesterday, i get nothing at all, no matter how long im in the lab, even if i change region and language any.

It's on and off for me. Sometimes I'll get constant matches, sometimes none, sometimes after five minutes I'll get a sudden stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom