• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Niitsuma Tweeted that Nina was going to have her appearance from the first Breath of Fire and a move set taken from all of the BoF games, like Mega Man in Smash Bros. It also sounds like she just barely missed the cut, with the director deciding to include Firebrand instead of a female character. Nina probably would’ve been playable in UMvC3 if the game wasn’t forced out early.
sad-crying-cat.gif

J-Tier

I had a weird dream that I was playing this game and both Leon and Chris were in it....
Yeah we really need news.

Now that you say that, I remember having a dream about the game.

It was a reveal trailer featuring the X-Men as DLC. Gambit and Rogue looked great, although with their previous moveset. I found it weird since my top request is Psylocke and she was nowhere lol but I was happy with the others characters.
I don't remember most of my dreams. Must've dreamt that Nilin was confirmed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Someday we'll all look back on this information drought and laugh about it.

For now it sucks, though.

To be honest, the information drought of Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite didn't bother me since we ended up getting some gold nuggets from Niitsuma about Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 characters choices and developments.

Niitsuma Tweeted that Nina was going to have her appearance from the first Breath of Fire and a move set taken from all of the BoF games, like Mega Man in Smash Bros. It also sounds like she just barely missed the cut, with the director deciding to include Firebrand instead of a female character. Nina probably would’ve been playable in UMvC3 if the game wasn’t forced out early.
God damn it, that sounds perfect. Firebrand is great but fuuuuuuuuuck

we were so close

To be honest, the information drought of Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite didn't bother me since we ended up getting some gold nuggets from Niitsuma about Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 characters choices and developments.

Yeah, the Niitsuma information has been pretty cool so far. I always wondered about MVC3/UMVC3 behind the scenes stuff.

ZeroCDR

Really sounds like UMvC3 would have had the GOAT roster if it wasn't under so many time constraints.

An extra 6 months in the oven would have also launched it right alongside The Avengers, which had no tie-in game.

I'm no business expert but uh, seems like that would have been a good idea. Instead they launched it against Zelda and COD.

BiggNife

Sorry if this has already been mentioned a million times but I'm not going through 102 pages - do we have any idea when new cast members will be revealed? I feel like Capcom usually likes to do monthly reveals as the game gets closer.

Neoxon

An extra 6 months in the oven would have also launched it right alongside The Avengers, which had no tie-in game.

I'm no business expert but uh, seems like that would have been a good idea. Instead they launched it against Zelda and COD.
Actually, Marvel was planning on the first-person Avengers game from THQ to be the tie-in game, but that got canned.

J-Tier

Sorry if this has already been mentioned a million times but I'm not going through 102 pages - do we have any idea when new cast members will be revealed? I feel like Capcom usually likes to do monthly reveals as the game gets closer.
We have no idea. We're all hungry for information, it's why the thread has been so active despite no news.

Is there any speculation on when we could possibly get another trailer/character announcement? Around UMvC3's release, or not until E3?

Oops. I guess I missed someone already asking that. Nevermind!

NotLiquid

Next week... in game magazines...

ZeroCDR

Actually, Marvel was planning on the first-person Avengers game from THQ to be the tie-in game, but that got canned.

That got cancelled a few months before UMvC3 launched though right? They could have re-evaluated the (terrible) contract that forced them to launch in November or discussed additional content around the time of The Avengers. No, the game was sent to die and development ceased.

Huge missed opportunities abound with this game, we're lucky it turned out as good as it did.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
UMVC3 was pushed out early by Capcom due to them not wanting it to compete with ONO's Street Fighter x Tekken that would come out in 2012. LOL Capcom truly are fucking stupid most of the time.

SFxT might be one of the most hated fighting games along with SFV. Smh.

I'm really sad that Niitsuma is not the lead on MVCi, i realllyyyyy hope the game does not end up sucking ass and being boring as fuck. Please Marvel gods make MVCi fucking amazing.

UMVC3 so so fucking hype but I really do have great fears they gonna fuck up the Marvel formula chasing bullshit like "balance", "Esports", or the worst thing ever slowing it down so not to "scare" off people.

If you need to delay MVCi to get it right please do so Capcom...LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES MADE WITH SFV FUCKING LEARN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If you need to delay MVCi to get it right please do so Capcom...LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES MADE WITH SFV FUCKING LEARN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Apparently Capcom said that they learned from their lessons but their actions would speak louder than their words tho.

AdaWong

Where are you pulling these numbers?

I haven't checked the thread in a while but unless we have another Lupinko like leak this seems like BS being pulled out of the ether.

Out of my ass obviously, I'm discussing possibilities of the roster when it comes of RE reps. I did not claim this was ~trusted-source-info~ or whatever, so chill.

There's no leak but maybe he's just guessing who could be getting the shaft of the RE characters.

I honestly think that Wesker and Jill have more chance of returning than Chris and Nemesis and only if there's no new rep for the series.

I've been saying, Jill and Wesker alongside Leon are the most possible RE reps

I wonder if the pc modders would also put in mechanics taken out in umvc3. Like the instant charactet swap for one meter.

Anyway, is someone going to leak something? anything?

I hope Capcom drop a new MVCI trailer tonight or tomorrow to get donors for UMvC3 for Evo. Freaking Pokken is within $500 of UMvC3. I swear, between the Patriots, Trump, and this, everything I'm rooting for is getting upended.

Jawmuncher

A new MVCI reveal would probably hype up MVC3 donating.

Capcom you announce Regina before the donations are up I'll put $50 in the pot.

Lulubop

If Marvel really wanted UMvC3 at evo it would have been in. I doubt they're going to change their marketing shecdule over a donation drive

LordKasual

Banned
I just don't understand how Nina got in before Ryu himself...

And the "multiple dragon form" thing isn't even an issue because it still leaves BOF IV Ryu and Dragon Quarter Ryu.

Jawmuncher

And the "multiple dragon form" thing isn't even an issue because it still leaves BOF IV Ryu and Dragon Quarter Ryu.

Nina seems to be the bigger character for whatever reason. At least when it comes to people who haven't played the series but know about it.

J-Tier

I'm sure it's the name. He shares a name with their (arguably) most iconic character.

AdaWong

Yep, I think so too. Jill with a mix of 2/3 moveset and Wesker as previous reps.

I see Leon, Claire and, to a lesser extend, Ada as possible new characters.

Actually, Ada is much more likely than Claire. She brings more unique attributes to the table (grapple gun, high-tech spy equipment, acrobatics) and is much more popular than Claire.

With C. Viper being potentially dropped, Ada can replace the spy-with-cool-gadgets gimmick.

Grapple Gun can be incorporated into maneuvers and attacks like Spencer's.
Flash Bomb Glasses (from RE4) can be a teleport move.
Explosive Lipstick (from Darkside Chronicles) can be a long-ranged projectile attack.
High Heel Knife (from Damnation) can be a counter or something.
Timebomb Crossbow Bolt (from RE6) can function like Chris' proximity bomb.
Make-up Compact (from Darkside Chronicles) can be used as a healing or slow/stun the enemy for a while.

Top Bottom